News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargerman68 here's the story and its not pretty

Started by Rat Exterminator, September 10, 2008, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on September 11, 2008, 12:34:26 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 11, 2008, 10:45:02 AM
and here is an add on another board he posted advertising the radio as a working AM radio

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=274

This could be someone else's pic too? It was one he had on b-bodies.com. Does anyone know anyone that goes by black-70-rtse? Also it looks like he took one pic of parts in his bathroom - Rotors  :laugh:

probable stole that picure also because remember they dont take any parts off untill they sell them ?  :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

69charger2002

Quote from: Dodge Don on September 11, 2008, 11:57:00 AM
Quote from: ramit on September 11, 2008, 10:26:13 AM
Quote from: RD on September 11, 2008, 01:44:42 AM
wow... i just dont know what to say about this.  there has been times in which i have been tardy in shipping stuff.  I know what it means to have "life get in the way".  But i have never made excuses for my tardiness... i took responsibility, and shipped the correct part.  If i failed to make a person happy, I found what they needed and shipped it on my dime and gave them their money back or made some other reconciliation.

Quote from: ramit on September 10, 2008, 11:37:55 PM
To answer Chris G:
If you saw and ad for a "68 charger 440" in the title but the there was an underhood shot of a HEMI.   Wouldn't you be a little leary of what you are bidding on?  "BUYER BEWARE"  It was obviously misrepresented by the pic but I believe the title said it was an AM radio for sale.   I am not picking sides here at all because like I said it sounds as if it took a lot of work for the buyer to get the part shipped to him which I also believe is wrong.   People just expect there stuff right away and people should get there stuff right away.

i have to disagree with you... you are comparing apples to oranges.  a radio can be easily typo'd on a selling site and be a mistake for another to capitalize on.... a PICTURE ON THE OTHER HAND speaks a thousand words.  we all expect to be BS'd with a hemi car.. not with a radio and a guy with 100% feedback.

Plus right away in this context is not a month in transit.

I realize I might be comparing appples to oranges but you are still talking about a price difference of about 10X what an AM radio is worth.  Should I compare it to a listing for an "AM radio"   but the pic shows a CD player?   All I am saying is the buyer should have been more careful because it was obvious there was a problem with the listing.  I am not neccesarily saying that the buyer deserved this.  Like i said, I am not on the sellers side here either because I think there were bad intentions from the beginning and it seeems there is a sketchy past also.

Just for arguments sake, if I saw a 70 AM/FM radio pictured in an Ebay ad that was listed as an AM Radio I personally would assume the seller didn't know he had a valuable item (they go for almost a grand) and I would not be asking questions about it so as not to educate the seller....in the hopes of getting a bargain find. I would assume the picture was the actual radio. So I guess as a buyer I'm taking a risk that the item pictured is not misrepresented.....as it clearly was here.

Anyways, good riddance. We can poke and tease eachother about which year Charger is best etc all in good fun however the hobby doesn't tolerate scammers of any kind. Ripping someone off is bad enough but when Mopar people rip off other Mopar people that is just the lowest of the low.

i'm right with you there. i wouldn't have emailed either hoping to get a deal.  that's the only way to on ebay nowadays
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1969chargerrtse

Woooooooooooow.  I Can't believe what I'm reading?  You know I bought my car sight unseen on ebay for 30 grand.  I had my share of issues, but thank God I even got the car.  Dang.  :-\   I live by "what comes around goes around".  People that do stupid dishonest things live in a Hell of a world and keep doing stupid dishonest things and keep living in a Hell of a world.  Not judging what went on here, but......

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Lowprofile

Wow!  Its a shame when things get to this level.....with a little common courtesy and some communication this could have been handled much better.  :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

JerseyJoe

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 11, 2008, 03:14:53 PM
Wow!  Its a shame when things get to this level.....with a little common courtesy and some communication this could have been handled much better.  :rotz:

It is a shame but the bigger shame is that there are people among us that will steal from us while telling us how much they're trying to help us out and make it right. Using a public forum full of people they scammed just made sure they got exposed.

5wndwcpe

Sorry to say, I don't think so.  This was engineered from the beginning to be a scam but didn't play out like he thought it would.  I also seriously doubt his status in the armed forces.  I'm sure he might have been in the Navy at one time, but with his long line of bullshit, he'd no doubt be a victim of friendly fire by now.

Rat Exterminator

Tony, the Radio shipped out today Tracking #1Z 49E 213 A8 0008 8634 Zone 8 Package ID  8863 Any questions my cell # is 616 292 4948 Greg

TUFCAT

Quote from: 5wndwcpe on September 11, 2008, 04:33:07 PM

Sorry to say, I don't think so.  This was engineered from the beginning to be a scam but didn't play out like he thought it would.  I also seriously doubt his status in the armed forces.  I'm sure he might have been in the Navy at one time, but with his long line of bullshit, he'd no doubt be a victim of friendly fire by now.

When the auction ended for $425 he didn't say a word to the buyer who obviously expected an AM/FM radio for that price.  

If the pictures of the AM/FM radio were incorrectly and unknowingly placed in the listing.... at some point, good judgement should have stepped in to contact the buyer and correct the problem.

:brickwall:

69_500

Wow that is a lot of post for such a new thread. people make mistakes, and the world will still be turning on its axis tomorrow. However once mistakes keep happening in the same form, they aren't considered an honest mistake again. The comments about buyers beware is good, but I agree with Chris. I've bought a few parts on ebay that have been titled as one thing, but the picture shows another part, and by sheer luck I get a deal on a part due to a bad title, or it being listed in the wrong section. I know I have listed items for sale in the wrong section before, but the pictures were always of the item I was selling though.  :popcrn:

Blown70

Quote from: 69_500 on September 11, 2008, 04:57:27 PM
wrong section before, but the pictures were always of the item I was selling though.  :popcrn:

Well at least it was of THE PART YOU WERE SELLING, and not off the NET somewhere!

Tom

RJS

Hey maybe Chargerwife or whatever her name is can run next door to the neighbors "who aren't even car people" to show them THIS post!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: RJS on September 11, 2008, 05:35:13 PM
Hey maybe Chargerwife or whatever her name is
It's Charitye..........ironic, aint it?  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

G-man

So its all worked out. Can we all get over it now and stop dragging the chain?

It sounds like 2 woman over the telephone, never shut up.

Aero426

Quote from: G-man on September 11, 2008, 06:00:33 PM

It'll be "worked out" when the buyer has his money back.     I don't believe that has taken place yet.

Dodge Don

I think we are more like an angry mob, milling around, waiting to see the end, and possibly hang 'em high. :grouphug: :argue: :pullinghair: :2guns: :boxing_smiley: :nono: :whistling:

Seriously though, I don't think it's over until RE gets his $$ back.

moparstuart

Quote from: Dodge Don on September 11, 2008, 07:14:34 PM

I think we are more like an angry mob, waiting around, waiting to see the end, and possibly hang 'em high. :grouphug: :argue: :pullinghair: :2guns: :boxing_smiley: :nono: :whistling:

well and even then at least we have gotten the word out so no one else gets burned and maybe tony will learn a lesson to be on the up and up ? I would like to hope so ? But i'm to optimistic alot .

69_500

Quote from: moparstuart on September 11, 2008, 07:46:08 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on September 11, 2008, 07:14:34 PM

I think we are more like an angry mob, waiting around, waiting to see the end, and possibly hang 'em high. :grouphug: :argue: :pullinghair: :2guns: :boxing_smiley: :nono: :whistling:

well and even then at least we have gotten the word out so no one else gets burned and maybe tony will learn a lesson to be on the up and up ? I would lie to hope so ? But i'm to optimistic alot .

You do mean that you'd like to hope so right Stuart?

moparstuart

yes fixed it, i get so excited sometimes LOL   

NHCharger

I agree with Doug and Don. It ain't over til the rat man sings.
Since everyone has had a chance to voice their opinion maybe Troy should lock this thread, then sticky it until Rat gets his money.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

BB1

Delete my profile

gtx6970

Wow

And as far as bidding  / buying / trading / whatever . If the pictures don't match the description. I ask before any thoughts of payments get in my mind.
I don't care if it's a 10$  or $1000 part

///  ducking for cover now ///

ramit

hemi-hampton

If I seen the Auction I would of asked what am I getting here, a AM or AM/FM. Wait till the last day to ask question. Then they are less likely to revise. How are they going to know it's worth more unless you say, Hey Am I getting a rare $1,000 am/fm or a cheap $35 am? A real car guy would know anyways with no help from a potential bidder. I see chargerman sez his Credit Card deleted by ebay for being old but isn't this the same guy that complained Mancini would not accept his C.C.? Now we know why :scratchchin: LEON.