News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

And Just Like That it Was Sold

Started by chargerboy69, October 03, 2008, 09:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I did not mention it on here, but I put my Charger on Craigslist in Fort Wayne. It sold this evening. With the economy the way it is right now, I want to make sure my family and I will be in good shape should the economy get worse. I did not have to sell it, it is just something I thought I should do for the good of my family. As of now I am thinking downsizing, maybe taking half the money and putting it away, and taking half for another car. Just not sure yet. I will see how things look in the spring. It has been a great car to own. I put a lot of work into this one. I will be sad to see it go. But it is going to a good home near Dayton and not a flipper. I will make sure and tell the new owner about this site.

Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

You have to look after your family first.  I hope you feel comfortable enough with things to get another one soon.

69charger2002

why would you put your family first over that work of art?!?! haha just kidding, i would do it with all mine in a heartbeat if i had to. beautiful car though, hopefully this economy turns around so we can all buy more toys. hope you didn't take a loss because of the economy. muscle cars are a hard seller right now.. great time to buy though
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69*F5*SE

I'm sure it hurts to let her go but I admire your decision why. You'll get another someday.   :2thumbs:

Kevin68N71

I am sorry, but I can't get my mind around your reason for selling this car.  You sold in a soft market. 

I keep hearing about how bad this economy is.  The only people really suffering are those who bought houses before the values dropped and HAD to sell at a loss, or the people who have investments that lost some value.  Our gross national product is still extremely high, unemployment is low.  Right now credit is tight, but if you don't have to buy a house or you don't have good credit and need to buy a car, how exactly is the economy so bad?  If you are an investor, you sit on your investments until the value goes up again.  You haven't lost ANYTHING if you don't sell!  Same with your Charger.  Who cares if it's worth 50 ro 75% of what it was before.  If you are upset that your house--or Charger--has lost value, don't sell until it rebounds.  There are not massive layoffs going on in most areas, and production in the country is high.

I know you want to take care of your family, and I don't know your personal circumstances.  I would sell my cars if  lost my job and the kids were going hungry, but less than that or the real threat of that, it boggles my mind that you would sell your Mopar in a soft market.  Not only did you lose on that, but you naturally don't get back the work you put into it most times anyways.

If the economy is so bad and threatening everyone that we need to sell off our cars, what's the deal with the guy who BOUGHT YOURS?  Further, you state you are going to take 1/2 of that and blow it on another car!  So literally, you're only taking 1/2 the value of the car to the family anyways, how the heck would that help?  And you are going to have to start over with another car.  The paint guy's prices haven't gone down, nor have the repro parts, so you're back to square one again in rebuying all that stuff that you just sold at a discount with your old car!

It's like the guy on the other thread that was bitching because he canceled his vacation with his Dodge motorhome because of gas prices.  When I did the math based on where he wanted to go, and found that it was only $500 difference, I queried him on why he would cancel his vacation for $500 when he has put $10,000 into his motorhome!  Or why not take a shorter trip?

Not knocking you--or him, but I just don't get it.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

General_01

#1-Yes, you are knocking them. I hate it when people put down other people and then say"But hey, I'm not knocking you". ::)

#2-You don't need to get it. His car. His life. His reasons.

Sometimes I wish people could READ. He said he might use half to buy another car in the spring. He will see how things are going and then decide. There may be other reasons he does not wish to speak of. Maybe there are rumblings at work or work has really slowed down and he is preparing for the worst. Maybe he thinks things are not going to get better and if he waits until next year to sell he would get even less money. Also, if you wait until you HAVE to sell a vehicle, you put yourself at a bigger disadvantage when it comes to negotiating and you probably end up selling for even less because you need the money right now.

I have noticed that in two threads I have personally read and the third one you alluded to in your post about questioning someone cancelling a trip, you like to stir up sh#%. The thing that boggles my mind is why you even post your crap on here in the first place. But hey, I am not knocking you. ::)

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Kevin68N71

You know what,  you're a dick. I mentioned I didn't know all his circumstances.  His financial choices, as stated, didn't make sense to me.  If someone posts something in a public forum, they are obviously looking for feedback.  Yeah, I did Suze Orman him a little bit.  But you know what, if I got on here and said I was going to put fender flares on my car and someone said why the heck would you do that, it will lose its value, there is nothing wrong with that comment. 

If you don't like reading my crap, move on.  It's a freaking forum.  If you can't take the heat, get off the forum.

General_01

Sounds like your the one who can't take the heat.
496 stroker
4-speed

Kevin68N71

No, I 'm pretty much fine with my comments and I stand by them.

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

chargerboy69

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on October 04, 2008, 07:47:41 PM
I am sorry, but I can't get my mind around your reason for selling this car. You sold in a soft market.

I keep hearing about how bad this economy is. The only people really suffering are those who bought houses before the values dropped and HAD to sell at a loss, or the people who have investments that lost some value. Our gross national product is still extremely high, unemployment is low. Right now credit is tight, but if you don't have to buy a house or you don't have good credit and need to buy a car, how exactly is the economy so bad? If you are an investor, you sit on your investments until the value goes up again. You haven't lost ANYTHING if you don't sell! Same with your Charger. Who cares if it's worth 50 ro 75% of what it was before. If you are upset that your house--or Charger--has lost value, don't sell until it rebounds. There are not massive layoffs going on in most areas, and production in the country is high.

Not bad, really? I was laid off this summer.

Yes the market is soft right now, but I did not get soft market money for my car. I got good money for the car. It is not anyones business what I sold it for,and no you did not ask, but I will say the guy might have overpaid. I was extremely lucky, I threw out a price and he paid it, but he just had to have the car. Why not take the money and run in any market.

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on October 04, 2008, 07:47:41 PM
If the economy is so bad and threatening everyone that we need to sell off our cars, what's the deal with the guy who BOUGHT YOURS? Further, you state you are going to take 1/2 of that and blow it on another car! So literally, you're only taking 1/2 the value of the car to the family anyways, how the heck would that help?

I do not know the buyers deal. And to be honest what the hell do I care what his deal is or not. I am not his Mother or his wife. He seems like a good guy and he had the cash.

I am trying to get my debt paid down. I want my house paid off within a year or two at the most. That would not be bad to be 35 and have your house paid for. I figured for as much as I drove the car this year, maybe 200 miles, why not downsize, buy something cheaper and pay off some debt. My logic is if my house is paid off, and the economy tanks, and the wife and I lose our jobs, then I will always have a roof over my head. The wife and I do not have credit cards and we pay for everything in cash. A couple years of watching and reading Dave Ramsey has rubbed off on us. Of course the responsable thing to do would be put the entire price of the car on the house, but I do want some kind of toy.

http://www.daveramsey.com/
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Kevin68N71

I completely understand.  Unlike what the other poster thinks, I wasn't trying to knock you, just didn't understand with the information provided.  I am sorry you lost your job, and I think it's great you got someone to pay the money you were looking for.

I just know alot of people who are NOT in your situation panicking about "the economy"; if you listen to financial experts they say don't start selling things off because you might think it may get worse.  I do know of people doing this.  You had other reasons; heck if you lose your job there certainly are other priorities.

I hope you get another job quickly and make some bucks.  The best situation would be if you could buy back in before the market recovers--there's a good chance of that.  I think car prices are going to be flat, or even worsen, for a while.

69charger2002

i think you're doing great... and if you got more than it was worth, even in a soft market, that's awesome. i'd let it go too! they are not hard to find or replace, especially right now.. as far as the economy, it IS bad, unemployment rate is going up by the day.. look why the stock market slid friday even witha bailout.. if someone has 30-50k to put down on a charger at this point in time.. they're not worried about money to begin with, which is not where 95% of us on this board fall, including me..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

chargerboy69

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on October 04, 2008, 09:20:07 PM

I hope you get another job quickly and make some bucks.  The best situation would be if you could buy back in before the market recovers--there's a good chance of that.  I think car prices are going to be flat, or even worsen, for a while.

I did find another job. Not something I wanted, but it will  pay the bills until I am out of school.

As far as a car,  I am keeping my eyes open. I am not in any hurry, I agree prices will be flat for a while.

--Gerald Ford