News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

[[Pics!]]Squirrel Hunting Leads To '69 GTX?[[Updated With Pics!!!!!]]

Started by WingCharger, September 09, 2008, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Guy's car lot is closed on Sunday. If my dad sees him at home on his way from work, you will defiantly be getting some good pictures! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

69bronzeT5

Here's a '70 Torino I found in August. The day after I took this picture, the owners had a yard sale and there was a sign on the windshield saying "Make me an offer".

I have more pictures of it (and pictures of a '67 Charger sitting) but I'm having troubles getting them onto the computer.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 13, 2008, 11:59:05 PM
Here's a '70 Torino I found in August. The day after I took this picture, the owners had a yard sale and there was a sign on the windshield saying "Make me an offer".

I have more pictures of it (and pictures of a '67 Charger sitting) but I'm having troubles getting them onto the computer.

Darn. :brickwall: I have always like Torino's. Favorite FoMoCo vehicle. Suprised it didnt make its way to the scrapyard instead of the yard sale. :-\

ACUDANUT

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

Just realized. We are getting 70 mph gusts of wind, and that GTX was sitting on top of a hill, under a rotten tree. :errr: :errr: :errr: :errr: :errr: :errr: :errr:

dads_69

You realize your contradicting yourself a bit. The car, which has no significance to you is sitting out in the rain, covered in leaves/trees to see very well, looks freshly washed to me in photos you took w/o permission. Then you say how you would drive it in the rain as well few posts back. Being concerned over someone else's ride shouldn't be such a priority for you, but being a kid I guess it what you are vs. having/owning a car period to worry about. If it were my car, your snoopy-ness would be put to an end.
Trespassers go away meaning you!
My point: there are so many cars out there, even where I live but 9 out of 10 times they are not for sale, being a '69 GTX, which you can't afford, why bother?
I wonder how the owner would feel about your enquiry about all this info.?
Sorry if I rained more on your parade, but I've dealt w/people/kids like you before and it can real annoying.
Thats my  :Twocents:

Edit: crap, now I realize I just gave you another reason to post again, arh!  :nana:
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

68rt

Quote from: 1FastCharger on September 10, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
Just a note on picture taking and the value of asking permission.

A few weeks ago on a Saturday I am working in the shop with my wife and my brother. A car stops in the street in front of the main bay door. The passenger window rolls down and the dude takes a few pics. They then roll up the window and take off. I ask my bro WTF?? I am thinking these dudes took pictures of the inside of my shop to see what they car steal later. There are several shops in the area that had been burglarized. My brother and I jump in a car and catch up to them a short distance down the road. They we obviously not from the area due to the route they were taking. We follow them enough to get a description and a lic plate#. When I get back to the shop I call my buddy and have him run the plate on TWIX. The registered owner is some company from Houston. I called the company and asked about the car. I get a call back 30 min later from the transportation coordinator. He tells me it is checked out to a female manager taking a class in San Antonio. I inform him there was a guy driving and another guy in the passenger seat. I also told him I had also reported the event to the local PD. Fast forward to Monday morning....I get a call from this woman who is irate. Apparently I got her in some major hot water for letting her husband drive the company car. I told her I did not appreciate someone "taking inventory" of my shop without permission. She said their last name was Bracken so they were taking a picture of my sign "Bracken Auto Sales."

All this because some lazy ass could not get out of the car as say "Can I take a pic?"

i would done the same as you

1FastCharger

Next time they want to "shoot" a picture I might shoot one back with my "special" camera.

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

mikepmcs

is that one of them new digital ones? :icon_smile_big:

send a few pics,,errr rounds my way. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

elanmars

why do I picture wingcharger as someone out of the movie Gummo? hmm.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

WingCharger

Quote from: elanmars on September 15, 2008, 08:11:51 PM
why do I picture wingcharger as someone out of the movie Gummo? hmm.

Nah...Joe Dirt! Hemi Orange 1967 GTX

mikepmcs

Easy...that wasn't very nice.  I picture Jeremy as a young gun far ahead of my time when I was that age.  Give him a little credit, he seems to be pretty educated for a young man, and in more ways than just cars(i'm talking real life here).  Wish I had that opportunity when I was younger. :Twocents:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

WingCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 15, 2008, 08:17:12 PM
Easy...that wasn't very nice.  I picture Jeremy as a young gun far ahead of my time when I was that age.  Give him a little credit, he seems to be pretty educated for a young man, and in more ways than just cars(i'm talking real life here).  Wish I had that opportunity when I was younger. :Twocents:

v/r
Mike

Thanks you man! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
At shows, I get that from people how much they notice I see about their cars. ;)

ACUDANUT

On a note of picture taking.   Google earth has your house and what's sitting outside, already on the web. :Twocents:

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 15, 2008, 10:34:21 PM
    On a note of picture taking.   Google earth has your house and what's sitting outside, already on the web. :Twocents:

..from about 5 years ago... or more.
Both the cars sitting on my driveway in the image on Google Earth are long gone.
So is the walnut tree on the front lawn.

WingCharger

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on September 16, 2008, 08:42:08 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 15, 2008, 10:34:21 PM

..from about 5 years ago... or more.
Both the cars sitting on my driveway in the image on Google Earth are long gone.
So is the walnut tree on the front lawn.

Same thing about my brothers Jeep truck sitting next to our garage. That baby is long gone. (In a good way. :2thumbs: It has a loving owner!)