News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

[[Pics!]]Squirrel Hunting Leads To '69 GTX?[[Updated With Pics!!!!!]]

Started by WingCharger, September 09, 2008, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

:o   i was expecting it to look like something from cars in barns  :yesnod: .................. :o   :drool5: looks real good .................. :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WingCharger

Quote from: tan top on September 10, 2008, 08:00:16 PM
:o   i was expecting it to look like something from cars in barns  :yesnod: .................. :o   :drool5: looks real good .................. :popcrn:

Never under-estimate the Beav. :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WingCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 10, 2008, 08:27:51 PM
Very witty Jeremy!
That car looks mint BTW.  Nice find. :cheers:

The only rust I could find when I looked up-close was on the front of the wheel well on the drivers side.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

It definantly didn't have a air grabber. :shruggy:
Looked at the hood real close. Solid steel.

moparstuart

the hood vents are on red on air grabber cars , black on solid no vent cars

WingCharger

Quote from: moparstuart on September 10, 2008, 08:35:11 PM
the hood vent on red on air grabber cars , black on solid no vent cars
Hmm? :shruggy: It didnt have a grabber man. Ill get close up pics of the hood when I finally see the guy.

mikepmcs

Quote from: WingCharger on September 10, 2008, 08:33:48 PM
It definantly didn't have a air grabber. :shruggy:
Looked at the hood real close. Solid steal.

you stole the hood??

sorry, had to bust out the spelling stick on that one. :icon_smile_big:

I was feeling squirrelly, to keep on topic. :2thumbs:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Harlow

What do you mean by "it is was solid steel"? Not trying to bash you... I could be wrong too. I was under the impression that the only difference between a RR hood and a RR hood with the air grabber option was the assembly on the bottom side?

1FastCharger

Just a note on picture taking and the value of asking permission.

A few weeks ago on a Saturday I am working in the shop with my wife and my brother. A car stops in the street in front of the main bay door. The passenger window rolls down and the dude takes a few pics. They then roll up the window and take off. I ask my bro WTF?? I am thinking these dudes took pictures of the inside of my shop to see what they car steal later. There are several shops in the area that had been burglarized. My brother and I jump in a car and catch up to them a short distance down the road. They we obviously not from the area due to the route they were taking. We follow them enough to get a description and a lic plate#. When I get back to the shop I call my buddy and have him run the plate on TWIX. The registered owner is some company from Houston. I called the company and asked about the car. I get a call back 30 min later from the transportation coordinator. He tells me it is checked out to a female manager taking a class in San Antonio. I inform him there was a guy driving and another guy in the passenger seat. I also told him I had also reported the event to the local PD. Fast forward to Monday morning....I get a call from this woman who is irate. Apparently I got her in some major hot water for letting her husband drive the company car. I told her I did not appreciate someone "taking inventory" of my shop without permission. She said their last name was Bracken so they were taking a picture of my sign "Bracken Auto Sales."

All this because some lazy ass could not get out of the car as say "Can I take a pic?"
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on September 10, 2008, 08:01:23 PM
Quote from: tan top on September 10, 2008, 08:00:16 PM

Never under-estimate the Beav. :icon_smile_big:

See!  Now you're even calling yourself that!   :icon_smile_cool:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WingCharger

Too bad I cant afford this great car. :'( :brickwall:
I think if I found a satellite (the only one I could ever afford), it would be cool to clone a GTX. :coolgleamA:

Ponch ®

Squirrel hunting? "fossil" collectors?

This is like the opening scenes of Idiocracy...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

WingCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2008, 01:18:57 PM

I like that movie. Gets stupid after a while though.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2008, 01:18:57 PM

is his grandpa names jed ? 

41husk

I like what they did with some of the franchises, star bucks, Fudruckers, etc and the depliction of public health care was priceless :smilielol:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Harlow

Quote from: Harlow on September 10, 2008, 09:11:51 PM
What do you mean by "it is was solid steel"? Not trying to bash you... I could be wrong too. I was under the impression that the only difference between a RR hood and a RR hood with the air grabber option was the assembly on the bottom side?

Still wondering about this  :shruggy: Is there a difference (besides the air grabber under hood components) between a true hood that came with the air grabber option and a standard bulge hood? I guess the inserts would be red rather than black on an air grabber hood.

WingCharger

Quote from: Harlow on September 11, 2008, 03:10:29 PM
Quote from: Harlow on September 10, 2008, 09:11:51 PM

Still wondering about this  :shruggy: Is there a difference (besides the air grabber under hood components) between a true hood that came with the air grabber option and a standard bulge hood? I guess the inserts would be red rather than black on an air grabber hood.

For air grabber, I thought you meant the flapper? :shruggy: I didnt think they put those on till 70 anyway? :shruggy:

moparstuart

a 69 air grabber is just two open vent ( mesh material on each hump , the standard hood looks the same just no mesh it's a solid block off plate . The air grabber has the duct work on the under side also .

learn something new every day beav .   this is my 69 runner and that is mesh in the buldge. the ones with solid plates are black . There is a vent /choke style pull cable under the dash to open and close flaps in the duct work to prevent rain and weather getting in .

WingCharger

I had always thought air grabber was just the flapper door.  :yesnod:

By the way, it rained to beet the band today, and the GTX was sitting out in it. :brickwall:

The70RT

Quote from: WingCharger on September 11, 2008, 07:55:14 PM

By the way, it rained to beet the band today, and the GTX was sitting out in it. :brickwall:

I am sure it wasn't the first time. Hell Stuart took his on a road trip and it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock (you probably know all about that) and his made it through it ok. Highway speed helps to dry it off though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on September 11, 2008, 08:02:07 PM

I am sure it wasn't the first time. Hell Stuart took his on a road trip and it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock (you probably know all about that) and his made it through it ok. Highway speed helps to dry it off though.
It was still wet in those pictures and it got wet again all day , we did have a blast though

WingCharger

Quote from: The70RT on September 11, 2008, 08:02:07 PM

I wouldnt mind having a daily driver GTX. :D :D :drool5: :drool5: :scratchchin:
I am not afraid of no rain, execpt that it is going to wash out our pasture water gap next big flood in the creek. :icon_smile_big:

The bad thing is that the GTX has a vinyl roof, which would just rot, and rot the roof, in the rain and snow of daily driving.