News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just ran a 10K race

Started by dkn1997, September 20, 2008, 06:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I am by no means a "runner"  I jog 1-2 times a week, and I am not thin by any stretch.  i did this same race last year and had to do it again.  I did it  in 1:10 minutes.  that's about 11 min/mile.  Not breaking any records, but it's a tough course. huge hills and I didn't have to stop like some of the "skinny" people around me.  Last year I did it in 1:04, so I dropped off.  But I didn't  train as hard this year so that's on me.....

to all of my fellow fat guys out there.  start running!  you don't even have to be good, I'm certainly not...but when you can man up and finish a race like this, it makes you feel good. 
RECHRGED

The70RT

Way to go....better you than me. My achilles wouldn't take it. I tweeked mine several years ago and I am done doing any sport.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nh_mopar_fan

Nice job. I certainly don't look like a runner either. I do my miles every week and run a few 5k during the year.

Nice job on the 10k!

:2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Good job DK!  Running is such a hard sport to commit to.  You either have to run almost every day or you are screwed.  If you dont run every day or at least 3 days a week then its like not running at all. 

I was a cross country/steeplchaser* in college and i even have a hard time running now.  My spouse was a CC all american and we finally just started running again after 7 years.  Now that we have 3 kids to run with in the B.O.B. Ironman joggers we have made time to get out the door while we are in our early 30's and want to keep in whatever shape we have left.

Paul
in Minnetonka

:icon_smile_big: Too be continued  :yesnod:  ok i found it. ...scroll down for that Mens 3000 meter Steeple Chase record >  http://www3.uwstout.edu/athletics/mtf/stats.cfm    :icon_smile_big: :whistling:   whats that you say?  only 12 seconds away from the Olympic B standard qualifing time...?   Dont remind me... :brickwall: :brickwall:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steve P.

Great job brother.. My hat is off to you. I ran when I was in high school, but these days the best I can do is dream that I still can...  I lived just over a mile from school and ran it every day. Mornings were fun. Walking the girls home after school, more fun....    ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice run.  My father runs 4-5 days a week.   I think he averages almost 100 miles a week....not bad for a 68 year old!

Me on the other hand, i get winded badly on a treadmill for 15 mins!

I used to do the 5 boro bike tour here in NY though....23 miles or so.  Thats a nice ride due to the fact that they close the streets on the route...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Guns N Rotors

I remember back in my Army days at Ft Rucker, Alabama... A Captain
told us " tomorrow you have a choice, either donate blood or go on a
5K "fun run."  The next day, two lines formed up. One long line with
sleeves rolled up and a short line with skinny soldiers in PT uniforms.

I jumped in the long line and rolled up my sleeves.
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Duey

DK, good for you!  I'm not a stellar runner either...in fact, I hate running.  Good on ya for having the personal discipline to do it!

Cheers
Duey

73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

69bronzeT5

Nice run man. In my middle school, we had to run/jog up the mountain and back down (25km). It took me 4 hours and 10 minutes.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

W4ATL

That's great! Races are fun. You should sign up for some more.  You will get to go places that you otherwise wouldn't go.  Also try throwing in some scheduled walk breaks.  When I go long distances for an easy run I will run/jog for about 3 minutes and walk for 1 minute, then run 2, walk 1.  It allows your legs to recover from the run and you will feel better at the end. You can increase the run portion as your fitness increases or throw in more walks if you are having a bad day.

Keep it up!

bull

My hat's off to you. I've never been a distance runner but I admire those who are. In high school I could kick a$$ in the sprints but more than a lap and I was gassed.

dkn1997

pics of my fat ass crossing the finish line....semi can go just far as a vette...just not as fast.

http://orders.islandphoto.com/RACE/Proofs.aspx
RECHRGED

bull

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 25, 2008, 07:44:05 PM
pics of my fat ass crossing the finish line....semi can go just far as a vette...just not as fast.

That's a link to the order form. You don't expect us to buy your pic do ya?

The70RT

Quote from: bull on September 25, 2008, 07:49:03 PM

:lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dkn1997

Quote from: bull on September 25, 2008, 07:49:03 PM

it was supposed to be proofs...no gayness intended... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED