News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN placement on a 66 - 67 Charger

Started by Khyron, October 24, 2005, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I did search, all I found was info on the 68-74....

anyone know the placement of the VIN numbers of the 66 - 67, a fellow car nut found one in a field. and would like to know what he has.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

694spdRT

I think there is a metal Vin tag located on the inside front driver side door jamb on the earlier B bodies and the fender tag should be in the same location as the later years. Sorry, I can't tell you where the body stampings are located.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TeeWJay426

One location is the same as the later years- the driver's side of the radiator support. There is usually asecond loc in the trunk area, but that wasn't as standardized on the pre-'68's. Also, the stamped number won't match the VIN- it will be the shop order number (from the fender tag or build sheet).
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

472 R/T SE

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 24, 2005, 11:28:25 AM
One location is the same as the later years- the driver's side of the radiator support. There is usually asecond loc in the trunk area, but that wasn't as standardized on the pre-'68's. Also, the stamped number won't match the VIN- it will be the shop order number (from the fender tag or build sheet).

That's where a lot of people get confused too.  That stamped # being the order number and not the VIN.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 24, 2005, 11:28:25 AM

That's where a lot of people get confused too.  That stamped # being the order number and not the VIN.

bluesfool

Inside the driver's door, by the hinges

Khyron

no kidding..... sweet. seeing as though this poor charger doesn't seem to have a front end :(

i'll go try to grab the pics of this poor girl :(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

here it is :cry:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

FastbackJon

Amazing, thanks for the pictures.

Do you still have the VIN? I would love to know it for the '66/'67 Charger Registry, along with some more pictures if possible.

pursuitspecial@yahoo.com

Thanks
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

At least it looks like it has been used for parts to save another car instead of just being allowed to rot into nothing.

Khyron

Quote from: FastbackJon on November 03, 2005, 05:38:05 PM
Amazing, thanks for the pictures.

Do you still have the VIN? I would love to know it for the '66/'67 Charger Registry, along with some more pictures if possible.

pursuitspecial@yahoo.com

Thanks

I'll ask the guy that was asking me th einfo, I'll try to get that for you :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.