News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Charger's Winter Home

Started by Shakey, October 24, 2005, 08:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Unfortunately, my Charger is about an hour away from my house at my In-Laws farm.  Shirley was nice enough to let me park the car in her garage at the house when I took delivery of it back in April.  Winter is coming and she wanted her garage back so Wayne and I had to clean out the shop over at the barn to make room for the car.  I am very fortunate that I at least have a place to store it for the winter as I had thought that I would be looking for a storage facility.  The money wouldn't have bothered me as much as not having access to it over the next few months.

Anyways, Wayne and I moved his 1929 Wallis tractor that he has been restoring for over 30 years to the driving shed and covered it up and we moved the Charger in.  Below are a few photos of where the car will be kept warm and cozy throughout the bitter cold Canadian winter.  The best part, I can still work on it over the weekends.  It may not be pretty, but as you can tell by photo # 4245, it has that old school charm!

Here is a question for you:

Where will you be keeping your car over the winter?  Post some photos if you can.

I have seen Old Moparz garage in photos, that sure would be nice.  Do you have something similar to his storage or similar to mine?  Maybe something in between?

Tom_440

Nice garage decor! Mine lives in the garage, but the walls are far less interesting. Hope to have a shop in the back yard some day...

(No comment about winter storage out here in Las Vegas)  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Mine will be in the same place it was for summer storage, untouched & under the Barracuda in the garage.   ::)

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

4402tuff4u

Mine will be indoors at the autobody heated shop this winter and possibly til summer at the rate he's going. But gives me time to work on all the other parts and have the engine completed.  :icon_smile:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

JimShine

Mine goes into a bay I rent in a converted barn about a half an hour away. It is heated, bit only when other people are there (most day time hours).

TruckDriver

In the storage unit you see behind my car at the bottom.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

R2

SKAKEY,,,wow,,,that looks like a nice car,,,i like the color,,,,

I am fortunate to have a place as well,,,,,the Charger will be rooming with the new Belvedere....
I have been in Michigan all my life,,,,until 6 months ago,,,,now in Kentucky.....the winters are not supposed to be as severe as what i am used to....
I think they had 6 or so inches of snow last year,,,none of which stays very long....looking forward to it............

Just 6T9 CHGR

My tiny unheated shack  :'(

I moved the car way over last winter to rebuild my engine in there as well :icon_smile_big:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

In the garage,  the same place it sits spring, summer and fall.    I'll send my firebird to either the back of Speedo's shop or a friend's barn for a few months @  $50 / month or so.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

Mine will be right here with me at home.  Unheated but attached garage so I can go out and visit the car as often as I like.

70charginglizard

The lizard is all tucked in cozy as a bug in a rug.

Even left a pillow out there for it.  :)
70charginglizard

694spdRT

Mine will be staying in the heated storeroom of our shop along with dad's '71 R/T Six Pack and '68 GTX. These pics are from a couple months back when I was still putting on the finishing details in the A/C.  ;)

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

hemigeno

I alternate between keeping the R/T at the house and at my business' shop (only about 5 miles from my house).  I have more opportunities to drive it when it's here at work, so if I have a work errand to run closeby I can have a little fun.  More tools here too, and my dad is around some to give me a hand if I'm working on something.  But - when it's up here at the shop, the family hardly ever rides in it.

Shakey, your car looks awesome, man!  I love the color and the steelies too.

Chris, did you stand your car on its side while you re-did the engine?  That's amazing!  Neat & Efficient, but amazing!

andy74

mine sits in the dealerships body shop,has to have a few minor blemishes corrected from last years paint and body work-after this winter i need to build a garage or rent one,but ill take the free storage while i can

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemigeno on October 25, 2005, 08:58:57 AM
Chris, did you stand your car on its side while you re-did the engine? That's amazing! Neat & Efficient, but amazing!

Nope!  Did it right in that space you see there....here are some pics

PS-----your shop :drool5: :drool5:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Chris,

I don't see any insulation on those sidewalls. Did it get a little chilly out there about mid January bolting that hunk of iron back together?  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Geez, I guess I should stop snivveling so much about having a small garage...because your is definitely smaller! :o

Did you have to climb over the engine to reach the back? Did you end up with any new dings in the side of your Charger?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

I was able to squeeze by.   I did have extra balnkets/padding on the car to aviod dings/dents.   came out unscathed :)

PS---I know someone who's is smaller ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

y3chargerrt

I have to rent a space. Its not heated but has a lift!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 25, 2005, 03:38:46 PM

PS---I know someone who's is smaller ;)
Yeah, I bet Burnt couldn't fit an engine beside his. ;D

I've got a bad pic taken last year of mine in Bill's 'Gearhead Confessions' thread. If this thread's still alive this weekend, I'll post a current pic...it's cleaner now. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NHCharger

Mine hide in here for the winter.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

those are some nice shops you guys got
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hydroforce

still in there..........

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

hydroforce

1 more.....

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

Smoke20

IF I can get the garage cleaned out in time, she'll move inside. It's hard to scrape up car time with the new baby and all.

Slightly OT, anybody try those inexpensive car covers on ebay?
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Charger_Fan

There, doesn't this look all warm & cozy? ;D

It's not! It's FRAKING FREEZING! :icon_smile_angry:
But it is warmer with the door down. :icon_smile_big:

What I use for storage is a semi trailer, preferably with a refer.  It has to have swinging doors though.  What I do is cut the wheels out from under it and let it down on the ground.  Then I just drive my car in.  I works really well for getting the car out of the way for winter and it's mouse tight.  I don't have to worry about one of those little bastards ruining my interior or crawling up my tailpipe.  You can fit up to 3 cars in it or put one car in and all the parts you have.  They work really well for keeping your junk out of the way but still protected.

Downside is you have to put it somewhere.  A farm is usually a good bet though.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

MTPOCKET

Outside.  :(

yellowcuda

It will be the first year that the Cuda joins the other Chargers in the new garage.  It has heat and A/C, the blower radiator is straight water so we make sure it stays toasty.  Believe it or not the DC.com car is in there too.  Not sure what could get worse on the car by leaving it outside.  Not to mention Georgia winters aren't that cold.  We will still drive the cars. :icon_smile:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)