News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Challenger Convertible Will NOT be built...

Started by xs29j8Bullitt, October 09, 2008, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

The new CAFE regs aren't fixed.  They're gonna be rising steadily for the next decade or something.  I'm not just guessing here, this is already a done deal in the law that has been passed.

This is gonna change EVERYTHING. 

It's not just about whether they can sell a Chally right now.  For all intents & purposes, V8 cars are gonna be basically Fed-mandated out of existence.  In another decade the 6cyls are probably gonna be the big "gas guzzlers" in the product line.  Look for everything to lose a couple cylinders, grow more plastic & aluminum, and get even more expensive. 

It's 1974 for musclecars all over again.  In a big way. 

WingCharger

They should make a little slanty new Challenger. Bring back the Lite and Feather versions of the Duster and Dart, but on the Challenger. :D Hey, they made slanty 1969 Chargers. :slap:

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 10, 2008, 05:54:38 AM
Quote from: resq302 on October 09, 2008, 10:17:34 PM

Dad was on the list to get one of the first converts since our 70 chally vert was one of the earlier cars being built 9/28/69. 
Brian, who has this "list"?  I know a few people who'd like to be on it.  Do you have to currently own an early built Challenger 'vert to get on it?  Can it be a 71?

Chris, the old Corigliano Dodge (now John Johnson Dodge) took my dads name and supposedly put it on a list for ordering when the car was to be made available.  He also was supposedly on another list at Johnson Dodge in Budd Lake after he got to talking to them about he new chally at a car show.  He never heard back from them.  John Johnson Dodge has been in constant communication with him and the owner, John Johnson, has been tallking to dad personally as he wanted to do something with his chally when the new chally verts were to come in.  I guess an old and new side by side promotion. :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722