News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Single side light out

Started by Carrots, September 03, 2008, 10:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrots

One of my four side lights is down, but the rest of the sidelights (front,back and the other siders) are all OK. Are there bulbs behind the actual lenses? Guess there must be as everything else appears to be all tickety boo. Will the plastic just pop off? Thanks folks
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

Back N Black

Carrots

a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

BronzeOnSteelies

This may not help because I have dealt with my 68.

The back of the light has a threaded sheet metal type nut that screws off and then the light socket is just pushed into the lense body.

The sheet metal nut has points on it that ground the light to the body which can cause a light to go out at least on my car.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Carrots

Perhaps I'm being a little thick but I still can't seem to work out how these little blighter's come off. They have to though right?

Bob

Depending on location, rear=open trunk, turn plastic socket and pull out, change bulb.
front=same, reach up into the fender well, turn plastic socket and pull out. The front may have a rubber inner fender flap that might get in the way a bit. Pull a couple clips and peel it away.
Bob

Carrots

Thanks Bob. I now feel silly (easy when you know how &c) but on the plus side I can now go out this evening!

Bob

Quote from: Carrots on September 05, 2008, 12:37:28 PM
Thanks Bob. I now feel silly (easy when you know how &c) but on the plus side I can now go out this evening!

I learned by changing mine. I am not an expert or anything and there are no silly questions around here.
Bob

Click here:
http://wichargerguy.proboards101.com/index.cgi?