News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LOOK AT THIS C.L. AD! 2 '67 GTX's for $4,000

Started by WingCharger, September 03, 2008, 02:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 03:03:17 PM
I tink I might call the guy, and see if he will move on the white one. There is no way that car is worth $3000. MAYBE $1000. What do you think?

Do you have $1000 in your pocket?   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

few cars are posted or even mentioned that you ain't gonna move on, dig into, or clone, paint or ask your dad about...
don't know where one like it is in a garage or in an alley or your relitives didn't have, got or once knew a dude who had one..
  freakin give it up allready.  :slap:

Blown70

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 03:18:30 PM
I just want a Dodge, Plymouth, or Chrysler muscle car. :icon_smile_big:

And a ford truck, AMC, Think I could come up with a few more OHHH yea, the IH scouts? :D

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on September 03, 2008, 03:19:17 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 03:18:30 PM
I just want a Dodge, Plymouth, or Chrysler muscle car. :icon_smile_big:

And a ford truck, AMC, Think I could come up with a few more OHHH yea, the IH scouts? :D
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Skyview69

Something is wrong.  Why would you not pull the cover completely off the car if you are trying to take pictures to sell it ?  :slap:  What are they hiding??

Troy

If you were really serious you'd have gone to look at them already (or at least called). Also, if they were truly a good deal they'd be gone before you ever got an answer to your internet posting. Assuming those are still sitting in Ohio I'm going to guess that they bottoms are completely rusted and you'll have a fortune in them before you could ever put one on the street. Just because it says "GTX" doesn't mean it should be saved. If you wanted a solid Satellite you could have had a really nice one about two weeks ago (4-speed even) for about half that price had you looked in the right place. You'll find lots of rusty junk if you keep looking but don't buy something to "save it".

My suggestion: pick A CAR that you really want, create a budget and realistic goals, and then concentrate on searching for and finding something that fits your needs and abilities.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 03, 2008, 03:04:20 PM
I tink I might call the guy, and see if he will move on the white one. There is no way that car is worth $3000. MAYBE $1000. What do you think?

bingo :popcrn:

Brock Samson

dude you can't even spell "think" and your gonna "save" a car?..

Joshua

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 03, 2008, 03:55:35 PM

:smilielol: Oh damn......I don't care who ya ar....that's funny right thar..... :cheers:

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 03:46:06 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 03, 2008, 03:45:13 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on September 03, 2008, 03:04:20 PM

bingo :popcrn:

Well, not in my pocket... :D

I didn't plan on actually saving the car if I bought it. It would have to be a parts car. I can see when a car is too far gone.

Dude, you dont buy the parts car first.  well, most people dont anyways.   :shruggy:

Your dream car is a Daytona, so start looking for a '69 or '70 and only post threads about what do we think after you have the cash in your pocket that matches the price of the car.  Or better yet, as others have said elsewhere, get good grades in HS, get into college and get good grades there also, then get a jobby job that pays above average so you can afford one of these money pits. 

:2thumbs:

Oh and along the way keep your pecker in your pants!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Harlow

I didn't plan on actually saving the car if I bought it. It would have to be a parts car. I can see when a car is too far gone.

Why would you be calling the guy trying to buy a parts car...for a car you don't have?  With money you don't have?

*Edit  .....looks like I was beat to it....

terrible one

Man I just have to tell you because I know I was the SAME way at your age.

I can't remember how old you are, but basically if you are a normal kid without moneybag parents you've got two options. Option one is to work your ass off throughout highschool and SAVE IT ALL while you're under your parents roof. Spend ALL of it on a car that is the most solid, good start that you can find. Then what you make after that simply goes into it. If you pass up option one, you're left with option two: what these guys said. Wait until your education is over, you have a life and well paying job on lock, and you're settled down, then buy one. Personally I did not feel like waiting until I was 25 to get what I wanted when it's sitting right there. Don't waste your time with rusty bullshit, parts cars, combos, etc. Don't buy the first thing that you can afford either. You know at least somewhat what these cars are going for. Get your funds, then start looking. It's a lot more fun to go shopping when you have the ability to take something home. Ever consider a third gen Charger? Or an A- body? You can buy a PRETTY driver for $8-12k all day. And if you put in work at a place for 4 years and don't come out with twice that, you're getting screwed. DONT take this the wrong way either dude!  :Twocents:

bull

I'm not here to defend Wingy by any means but Brock, you've had the word "scareing" misspelled in your sig for as long as this site has been in existence. There's no 'e' in it, my friend.

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on September 04, 2008, 03:05:23 AM

I'm not here to defend Wingy by any means but Brock, you've had the word "scareing" misspelled in your sig for as long as this site has been in existence. There's no 'e' in it, my friend.
I'm not one to cast stones because i cant spell for sh*t ,but that is funny .  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  :shruggy:   :lol:   :smilielol: thanks Bull, i needed that,.. 

Steve P.

WOW, I never noticed that...  Hey Brock,  :slap:  Hehehe........ 

Remember that thingy about being abal 2 reed aneethin if itch got enuff letrs?? Thatr's SCAREING me..  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 04, 2008, 07:51:19 PM
:scratchchin:  :shruggy:   :lol:   :smilielol: thanks Bull, i needed that,.. 

You're welcome...

You're never going to correct it are you?

Brock Samson

welp, it's not supposed to be scareing it's supposed to be scaring... i ment too due that...  :eek2:

Troy

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 05, 2008, 12:13:25 AM
welp, it's not supposed to be scareing it's supposed to be scaring... i ment too due that...  :eek2:
Uh, you fixed one but not the other... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BB1

I found a picture of WingCharger!

Now we know.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: BB1 on September 05, 2008, 07:16:20 AM

ward your being awefully hard on the beaver !

Back N Black

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on September 05, 2008, 08:29:10 AM
Quote from: BB1 on September 05, 2008, 07:16:20 AM

ward your being awefully hard on the beaver !

Thats it!  you just coined our new nickname for WingCharger.  The Beav!   ;D

Brock Samson

Well i just checked my profile settings and scaring is spelled right "Ricers" is also capitalised as well... and so I hit save changes and i git the same old misspelled sig...  :shruggy:  i seem to recall i tried to fix it a long time ago, and i guess it didn't take then either...  :shruggy:

& BTW  :scratchchin:

Quote from: WingCharger on September 04, 2008, 08:05:34 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on September 04, 2008, 07:56:33 PM
Remember that thingy about being abal 2 reed aneethin if itch got enuff letrs?? Thatr's SCAREING me..  ;)

My dad knew an old guy who used to talk like that. Pappy Powers. (No, that is not his first name, I forget it. But everybody called him that.) Guy was a heavy drinker. Smoked like a freight train too. Had cancer removed, and he had to use a vibrating voice box he would hold up to his neck. He would chase my brother around with it and scare him when my grandpa took him over there with him. :smilielol:
Funny Thing: He was three sheets to the wind one night, and got his truck stuck in the ditch in front of his house. He ran it in the ditch until it caught on fire! My dad was on the fire department then, and he sayed he was wasted. :lol:

said not sayed...  :rotz:   :lol:

Brock Samson

ok i had to actually change something then save it...
then go back change it again and then save it again...  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 05, 2008, 10:50:06 AM

ok i had to actually change something then save it...
then go back change it again and then save it again...  :shruggy:
great job eddie

bull

This now officially qualifies as a useless thread. :2thumbs: Congrats to us all.

Brock Samson

Not really, since it led to my signature being corrected much to the relief of many members and readers of this site, and we owe it all to you Bull.

:yesnod:

Brock Samson

i see your taking our advice Wing, that's sooo coool!  :yesnod:

WingCharger

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 05, 2008, 11:12:26 AM
Not really, since it led to my signature being corrected much to the relief of many members and readers of this site, and we owe it all to you Bull.

You're right! It's not a total loss after all.

(BTW, you misspelled "your" in your last post). :D

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on September 05, 2008, 03:20:23 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on September 05, 2008, 11:12:26 AM

You're right! It's not a total loss after all.

(BTW, you misspelled "your" in your last post). :D
WTF are you our spelling teacher now  ?

WingCharger

I have never seen a thread go this far off course. :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on September 05, 2008, 04:19:57 PM
I have never seen a thread go this far off course. ::)

By the way, I found this Charger on CL, and the guy wants $6800 for a stripped shell with just a engine. :brickwall:
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/827281868.html

Now you're getting somewhere Beav...  Take your $1000 and go talk to the guy.   :yesnod: 

WingCharger

Joshua

By the way, I found this Charger on CL, and the guy wants $6800 for a stripped shell with just a engine. :brickwall:

Way too much for that car....

PocketThunder

Quote from: Joshua on September 05, 2008, 04:34:48 PM

Way too much for that car....

That's why i say take your $1000 to him and see if he comes down a little since its been posted 3 times.

WingCharger