News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone sell hardware kits for grille assembly?

Started by runningman, September 02, 2008, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I have seen kits that have the necessary mounting hardware for grille mounting but I haven't seen kits that have the hardware to bolt the grill pieces together as well as the aluminum trim.  I will keep searching but figured someone in here might know.  Thanks!

Matt

runningman

Found another post that mentions R/T specialties carrying these parts...........I am gonna check with them

gtx6970

Quote from: runningman on September 02, 2008, 05:42:03 PM
I have seen kits that have the necessary mounting hardware for grille mounting but I haven't seen kits that have the hardware to bolt the grill pieces together as well as the aluminum trim.  I will keep searching but figured someone in here might know.  Thanks!

Matt

what year?

runningman

runningman

Bill, I checked your site but didn't see it listed..

gtx6970

runningman

Does that kit include the hardware that mounts the three sections together as well.  I thought that was the spacers and necessary hardware to mount the grill into the frame.  What about the t-nuts for mounting the grille trim, are these pieces available?  Thanks

Matt

Ryan

anyone know of a kit that includes the mounting hardware for the trim?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

resq302

Sounds like someone might need to start making a kit for the trim for our grilles Bill. (hint, hint)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

gtx6970

Quote from: resq302 on September 07, 2008, 12:28:35 AM
Sounds like someone might need to start making a kit for the trim for our grilles Bill. (hint, hint)

need samples bro.

ps --  bolt is enroute

69bronzeT5

Quote from: resq302 on September 07, 2008, 12:28:35 AM

Nobody makes hardware for the trim?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

gasoline_24

I will post pics and numbers for a 68 when I get home tonight.  I just sent two sets off to get replated as there are none out there.  I am not sure how many are needed for the 69.

runningman

Bill was that nope on the grille trim hardware or the hardware for mounting the grille sections together or both? 

gtx6970

nothing avail to my knowledge for the exterior trim, BUT, I could be wrong

send me a sample and quanity required of each different piece and and I'll look into it

autodynamics

so any ideas on those grill trim fasteners? those t hooks i mean... do new ones come with them?

Back N Black

Quote from: autodynamics on January 10, 2009, 07:51:41 PM
so any ideas on those grill trim fasteners? those t hooks i mean... do new ones come with them?

How many do you need? I have some extra ones kicking around.

Finn

I ground down washers and stacked them up for some of mine...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

terrible one

I was not able to find the grill trim clip hardware either, but I went around the local parts stores and looked through those "HELP!" parts and I think it must have been the old NAPA or maybe O'Reillys but somewhere I found clips that were almost the exact size and shape, just a bit too wide though so I had to hit each one with the Dremel, but then they fit/worked pretty well. :Twocents:

autodynamics

Quote from: Back N Black on January 11, 2009, 06:28:17 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on January 10, 2009, 07:51:41 PM

How many do you need? I have some extra ones kicking around.
i have none so any would help...Thanks