News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Upper door pads

Started by v21hemicharger, August 17, 2008, 05:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v21hemicharger

I have to really thank Mike at BE&A for reproducing these awesome panels.  I had said that I wished that the cat whiskers were on as well as the clips but it does take much to install them.  I just didn't want to screw them  up.

I used a clean padded surface to work on and went to work.  I used Top Cat whiskers that fit great.  The original whiskers were stapled to the door panels, and I was unable to find anyone to do this in my area.  The whiskers only go on the rear panels.  I fit the whiskers to the panels and used some padded vice grips to hold them in place and then drilled the whiskers and pads with a small bit. 

I used #4 screws 5/8"long and then cut them off with dykes after they were tight.  I then installed the trim clips into the panels. 

v21hemicharger

I used 7 screws per side to keep them on.  The clips are not the same as the ones for the door panels.  They seem to be a little longer.

v21hemicharger

On the front pad, since I don't have a remote mirror I cleaned, repainted and installed the plug for the panel.  Again I installed the trim clips.

miamivice

thanks for the write up.  i just got a complete set from mike as well. 
i thought the lower door pannels go on before the uppers.  does it matter??

BrianShaughnessy

Mike sent my upper rears awhile back but I'm still waiting on my set of topcats from mopars by crane  ::)

After hounding them at the nats to no avail and emails, I finally got a email that they shipped but no tracking #.   That's my last order from them.

I was probably going to pop rivet mine.

I talked to Mike the other day - future buyers maybe able to get the fuzzies from BE&A if things work out  :2thumbs:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

68charger383

Thanks for the step-by-step...after seeing the pics, it looks like something I think I will try.

Wish more posts were done step-by-step then just a before and after pic.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 20, 2008, 08:56:53 AM
   Mike sent my upper rears awhile back but I'm still waiting on my set of topcats from mopars by crane  ::)

After hounding them at the nats to no avail and emails, I finally got a email that they shipped but no tracking #.   That's my last order from them.

I was probably going to pop rivet mine.

I talked to Mike the other day - future buyers maybe able to get the fuzzies from BE&A if things work out  :2thumbs:

FYI:   Do not buy fuzzies from Mopars by Crane.   After 2 months and a bunch of emails I finally got some off brand drop shipped from some company in North Canton Oh and they suck.    They're getting returned.

Insist on Top Cat window felts / whiskers / whatever you wanna call them.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

v21hemicharger

I agree on two points.  Only use topcats and never again will I use Mopars by Crane.  Looking for a new parts vendor as I spend about 8000-10000 a year on mopar resto parts.

You can get the topcat whiskers from     http://www.restorationspecialties.com/