News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White Charger for sale near me. WIW????

Started by bull, October 23, 2005, 10:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I went and looked at a Charger for sale today. Fairly nice white '68/383HP/column auto no vinyl top and the weird thing: a green interior. Anyway, if I can decifer my lame fender tag rubbing I'd like someone to decode it. VIN is XP29H8B and the fender tag reads:

Lower line left to right: XP2962 5 43 404 128414
Second line up: 4 66F WW1 (white ext.) and G
Third line up: 1 under the H, 6 under the P, 1 under the R and 2 under the X
Fourth line up: 4 under the B, 7 under the H (I think) and a 1 under the V (I think)

I can't quite tell which letter the last two numbers are under. Mostly I'm wondering if the green interior is stock because it seems odd to have a white car with a green interior. But then I can't really see someone switching over to a green interior.

It has some minor rust issues but near as I can tell none of it has gone all the way through. I actually got to drive it around the block. Forgot how awesome that feeling is. Is this thing worth the $15k he's asking? It needs some work for sure.

JimShine

I will get as many as I can as some look strange. Were some hard to read?

Cool car! I have a 1968 WW1 with green interior non-vinyl top car myself with the same windshield, radio, brakes and speaker options. The pleats are olive though.

4-b=Bucket setas
7-h=fender/hood mounted turn signal indicators
1-u=sold car

1-H=Power brakes
6-P=Rear speakers
1-R=Am Radio
2-X=Tinted windshield only

The next line is a little weird to start. i will do what I can:
C6F- Charger vinyl buckets in green
WW1-White monotone paint

62-383 4 barrel
5-3 speed automatic
43- the tires (don't have a code for 43 here)

I am trying to get this page complete for Charger codes. Any help is appreciated. http://zeus.lunarpages.com/~jimshi2/68registry/tag%20info/68tagdecode.htm

bull

Yea, sorry. It was pretty hard to read, even with my face right down there staring at it. The car has some fairly minor rust issus, mostly at the lower right quarter (but not left for some reason) and some bubbling on the rocker panels and maybe below the rear window. The paint is coming off there but I can't tell if there is rust. Probably is. But it runs and drives and most everything works. It needs some interior work as you can see and the engine needs some detailing. We'll see. I may own a white Charger before too long.

JimShine

Cool man! Its nice to see another one. I thought it was very odd when I got mine and haven't seen another non-vinyl topped one yet (did see a couple with vinyl tops). A friend of mine hated it when he forst saw it, but has decided to do the same scheme on his '69 green interiored car.

Charger_Fan

That's a nice looking Charger! :2thumbs:

Are you toying with the idea of just buying a driver car & selling your project? I can attest, it's sure tempting sometimes.

No pic of the fender tag? :spank: :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

8WHEELER

You think a White car with Green int is odd, you should see a friends Gold 69 with Green int now thats a clash.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

JimShine

Or the '69 I looked at last year, factory red, no vinyl top and green interior.

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 23, 2005, 10:58:12 PM
That's a nice looking Charger! :2thumbs:

Are you toying with the idea of just buying a driver car & selling your project? I can attest, it's sure tempting sometimes.

No pic of the fender tag? :spank: :icon_smile_big:

How'd you guess? Yea, it's nice to just get in, turn the key and drive away, you know? I'm quickly learning that free time is not something I have much of, or any of. I just don't see when I'm going to be able to do the restoration between two jobs and keeping up with my wife and two young girls. I'm afraid it's going to sit in my garage for years not doing anyone any good. And I hate to say it but I'm not all that interested in doing a restoration right now. If I were retired I would be happy as a pig in mud to restore a Charger but right now it just seems like a dark cloud over my head.

I've never been able to get a decent picture of a fender tag. My point and shoot digital just can't focus on something so close and then the flash blows it out worse. Even if I could get a picture of it you wouldn't be able to read it because it looks like it's been painted over. I couldn't even read some of the numbers and letters with my face six inches away. He does have the build sheet for it and I think he said he twice removed from the original owner.

Here's my beautiful fender tag pic:

472 R/T SE

Paint it greeen bull and you're right back where you started, hehe.  Another big block car too, major plus.  Put your magnums on it and get rid of them outta place rallys.  I'm sure all the local players have checked it out already, seller must be close to firm?

C'mon, somebody step up to the plate and make bull an offer on his 4 gear car. 

bull

Quote from: AllBlueRT on October 24, 2005, 12:06:45 AM
Paint it greeen bull and you're right back where you started, hehe.   Another big block car too, major plus.   Put your magnums on it and get rid of them outta place rallys.   I'm sure all the local players have checked it out already, seller must be close to firm?

C'mon, somebody step up to the plate and make bull an offer on his 4 gear car.  

Heh. I didn't even talk about money with him other than to confirm his asking price. He said he'd work with me on it. I wonder how much work he's willing to do?

derailed

Quote from: JimShine on October 23, 2005, 11:03:35 PM

:puke:   

bull

Quote from: JimShine on October 23, 2005, 11:03:35 PM

Was it ordered by Mary Christmas?

472 R/T SE

You haven't met my good friend James yet bull.  His Bee is f8 green with b5 blue interior, 4speed.  He was giving Grover shit one day about it and gg didn't believe him until he seen the tag.   I'd like to have the car to bring back to original but that's another one I can't drive.

bull

EDIT -- Just curious what you guys think this car is worth, from what you can tell in the pictures. The seller wants $15,500 for it and I don't think it's worth it. He sounds like he's willing to go down $1,000 but I still don't think it's worth that either. I'm thinking in the $10k-$12k range. What do you think?

It has some minor rust issues but near as I can tell none of it has gone all the way through. There are some rust bubbles on the left rocker panel and some paint coming off due to some fairly deep surface rust at the bottom of the rear window and lower right quarter panel. Many of the bolts are rusty but the paint itself looks good as if someone painted it and put it all back together with unpainted bolts. The engine runs good but the engine itself is dirty and needs to be painted. The interior is ok but will need to be redone.

cudaken

Bull, for some reason the right side seems to rust out faster on the right than the left. But I am 95% sure the Charger has been repainted more than onces to look that good. Rust on the rockers, as bad as my 69 Charger was, rockers where and still are clean.

Far as odd color combo. DFS68 68 Charger was gold body, tan interior and green top? Yuck is all I can say. We did a black top, and had a black top when he bought her 15 years ago.

Cuda Ken
I am back

472 R/T SE

bull, if the car had a different color interior it probably would be sold by now, IMO.  What about your 4 gear car, I know someone who's interested. 

R2

Bull,
My buddy from Michigan has a 68 Charger with green interior....i always like it.....he ended up putting a black tail stripe on it....
Doug

Big Lebowski

The ebay completed listings are around $12,000 to $14,000 for similar '68 Chargers. How about offering around what you want to pay  :shruggy: maybe $12,000?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."