News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

That dang LL1 '68 Hemi Charger R/T again

Started by hemi68charger, August 30, 2008, 07:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

Beautiful dream car.  It'd be hard to let go for me. 

69_500

Troy, pay no attention to RJS.

Its a gorgeous car, and yeah its a HEMI, but I gotta agree with ya its still not a Daytona.

Oh, and coming from someone who does video work on the side, I gotta say i like the video's you post on youtube with you kids and the cars.

Rack

That car is absolutely freakin' awesome.

And THANK YOU for the pics of your "Car Dolly", they just saved me a lot of money.

I was gonna build something like this...

But yours looks a lot cheaper (in price, not quality).

Thanks again.  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Thanks ya'll..  Danny, I knew you'd like the videos..

Rack, the dolly system is pretty stable actually.. Doesn't look it, but the iron is pretty thick 4x4 square tubing. The front is adjustable so I can use it on any body (E, B or A). Also, the rear tubing is attached to rear leaf spring perches and hence, can be bolted to numerous cars... For stability, I added the 2x8. You could always connect the front and rears if you wanted.. The casters were bought at a caster specialty store.. Don't get them at generic hardware stores... These are rated at 1000 lbs each.........  I also got the ones that can swivel and lock... It's so easy to maneuver.

Cheer,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 31, 2008, 07:12:32 PM
The car is looking SWEET Troy. Fella's, Having known Troy for 28 yrs, I can tell you he will not give up on getting his dream car. None of us should. He's getting closer all the time. I too love that color and if I could, I'd buy from ya since it's my favorite year Charger. I only hope to see the finished product before it's gone.  :2thumbs:

Well Andy, either you're going to drive this or a Daytona.....  :yesnod:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

1969chargerrtse

:o  Wow, I mean, Wow.  Great pictures.  I love the red one also.  Wow.  :icon_smile_tongue:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RJS

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 31, 2008, 01:58:33 PM
Quote from: RJS on August 31, 2008, 01:42:49 PM
Your words not mine:  :shruggy:
"To those that think I'm a bag of hot-air and/or my videos are chessy, well.......... I'll leave it at that... "  :yesnod:

Oh,, Mr. Innocent...  very witty........ not.........

Why exactly do you get self-satisfaction out of belittling others and/or their actions? Never claimed to be Steven Spielberg in my video.. Sounds like someone's envious....... That sort of thing will eat you up dude........ Big man behind these forums aren't ya.......

Troy

YOUR name calling is uncalled for, I used YOUR words!!!  From my first post and any other post of the weeks months years I've always liked and even complimented YOUR car. I too lived a bodyshop horror but I don't run to two or three sites telling the world my business. What was corny was YOUR video and the thinly digisted forsale ad, again admitted by you not pointed out by me. Be an adult and say to yourself now I get it :2thumbs:... Ron

hemi68charger

Quote from: RJS on September 01, 2008, 11:53:20 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 31, 2008, 01:58:33 PM
Quote from: RJS on August 31, 2008, 01:42:49 PM
Your words not mine:  :shruggy:
"To those that think I'm a bag of hot-air and/or my videos are chessy, well.......... I'll leave it at that... "  :yesnod:

Oh,, Mr. Innocent...  very witty........ not.........

Why exactly do you get self-satisfaction out of belittling others and/or their actions? Never claimed to be Steven Spielberg in my video.. Sounds like someone's envious....... That sort of thing will eat you up dude........ Big man behind these forums aren't ya.......

Troy

YOUR name calling is uncalled for, I used YOUR words!!!  From my first post and any other post of the weeks months years I've always liked and even complimented YOUR car. I too lived a bodyshop horror but I don't run to two or three sites telling the world my business. What was corny was YOUR video and the thinly digisted forsale ad, again admitted by you not pointed out by me. Be an adult and say to yourself now I get it :2thumbs:... Ron

Ron, this has nothing to do with my '68.. As far as my words, you apparently don't know sarcasm to one's self. You'd be great in political advertising..This has everything to do with the fact you can't leave your negative criticism to yourself concerning my video.. That video was created by me having fun.. The video wasn't intended to be an for sales ad of any sort.. if I meant it to be, I would have added it to my ebaymotors ad... You may think it's corny, but I don't... There's no need to say anything like that on a public forum.... If you feel you're so in touch with one's thought process, you should start your own show to compete with Dr. Phil...... Now, you be an adult and exit my thread.. If you feel so strong about something, start your own.......

Troy

Chris G.

I think we're done here. No need to keep jabbing back and forth.

The ebay thing has also been mentioned enough. It is now on ebay for anyone interested.