News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC/DC's New Studio Album!

Started by WingCharger, August 31, 2008, 01:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Quote from: WingCharger on August 31, 2008, 01:16:06 PM
Who else cant wait for AC/DC's new studio album "Black Ice" to come out?  :drool5:
It is going to have some awesome songs on it! :yesnod:
The single "Rock 'N Roll Train" was released on August 28th, and is a No.1 already.
The album comes out on October 20th, and I cant wait! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here is the track listing:
01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Skies On Fire
03. Big Jack
04. Anything Goes
05. War Machine
06. Smash 'N Grab
07. Spoilin' For A Fight
08. Wheels
09. Decibel
10. Stormy May Day
11. She Likes Rock 'N Roll
12. Money Made
13. Rock 'N Roll Dream
14. Rocking All The Way
15. Black Ice

Heres a youtube video of Rock 'N Roll Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5bPHNpcxc

The album cover has changed several times, but this is the most popular, and probably the actual one:

I know I'll be buys a copy. :o) ac/dc's one of my ultimate favorite bands!
70charginglizard

Manfred318

They have been playing that new song on the radio here non-stop for the last week now. Its not a bad song but Jesus talk about overkill. I doubt Ill run out and buy the album, but I wouldnt mind seeing them if they come around on tour later this year.
On a related note Metallicas new "Death Magnetic" album is supposed to be released on 9/12. Ill definately be there for that one.
"The Day That Never Comes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNfNpjWz-Y

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

bear

I've heard the new song a bunch of times and I like it. And they are planning a tour starting from what I last heard on Oct. 31. The radio station we listen to at work pretty much plays one AC/DC song an hour because of the CD release coming up and they have been constantly talking about the tour and CD release. Here's all I could find about the tour http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003832485

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 01, 2008, 11:21:46 AM
Although I have five of their albums, they are waaaaaaay too formulaic for me, all i really like are the solos,..
but what do I know I'm just a washed up 51 yr old guitar player...

Edit:
Having thought about it, they are probably a great LIVE band, that is best appreciated in real time, I bet then i would really get it, to me their albums are great till just after the first verse and chorus and then the bridge and solo but to my thinking they never really go anywhere,..  :shruggy:  On the albums anyhow..
I should make it a point to go see them, i didn't like Lizzy till i saw them and they then became one of my all time Favs.
But what do I know I listen to Rap and Classical...  :scratchchin:

The guys I know who play guitar are usually the ones who are the most frustrated with the simplicity of music made by famous rock and roll bands. But the people who buy the music and made the bands famous don't seem to care at all, in fact they like the fact that the music has smiple and predictable beats that you can bang your head to for 3-4 minutes.

BigRed66

Not ONE reply about how their management was strong-armed into selling only at Wal-Mart or Scam's Club.

F^@k AC/DC. I grew up on them, had all their records, tapes, 8-tracks, cds...I personally will not buy anything from WM, and that includes this disc.

Probably another abortion like "Stiff Upper Lip", anyway.

I think if they found a viable replacement for Brian Johnson, they might have a shot...the riffs hold up, but BJ's throat is more beat up than Vanessa Del Rio's...but their time is wayyyy past...give it up, boys.

Nobody can realistically say that a disc from 2008 can compare to 1980 (BIB), 1981 (FTATR), or 1983 (FOTS). Nobody with an ear for music, anyway.
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: BigRed66 on September 03, 2008, 09:42:53 AM
Not ONE reply about how their management was strong-armed into selling only at Wal-Mart or Scam's Club.

F^@k AC/DC. I grew up on them, had all their records, tapes, 8-tracks, cds...I personally will not buy anything from WM, and that includes this disc.

Probably another abortion like "Stiff Upper Lip", anyway.

I think if they found a viable replacement for Brian Johnson, they might have a shot...the riffs hold up, but BJ's throat is more beat up than Vanessa Del Rio's...but their time is wayyyy past...give it up, boys.

Nobody can realistically say that a disc from 2008 can compare to 1980 (BIB), 1981 (FTATR), or 1983 (FOTS). Nobody with an ear for music, anyway.

I wasn't gonna buy it anyway....   especially so if I had to go to wallyworld.

I've been a fan for 30 years... back to "If you want blood" before they broke out.     I saw them a bunch of times,  bought a mess of albums, etc. etc.   Last album I really liked a lot was Razor's Edge - much moreso than FOTS.  :shruggy:

BUT it wasn't the same band after Bon.  (period).  He was just one of the greatest I've ever seen.   All the early albums are just freakin great and aside from BIB and a few cuts from a few albums after that... well it's just not the same.   Brian is good in his own right doing his own stuff but anytime he tries to sing a Bon song... well, it's a giant letdown.... he's just NOT Bon.   Never could be,  never will. 

I saw the Stiff Upper Lip tour.   Frankly I couldn't remember  that or the names of the last few albums they put out.   It was a good show but the same gimmicks were getting old.    Angus getting all worked up is something to behold but he's getting old.

If they took it easy and did a club tour of places like the Chance where I just saw Uncle Ted last week,  that'd be great but I don't want to pay for an arena tour.   I've seen the same basic show plus or minus a few tunes since about 1981. 

In a way it's almost like Lynyrd Skynyrd to me.    I still can't imagine why they keep touring without Ronnie.  Then I remember... Oh yeah, it's because of the $    ::)

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BigRed66

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 03, 2008, 11:23:50 AM

I wasn't gonna buy it anyway....   especially so if I had to go to wallyworld.

I've been a fan for 30 years... back to "If you want blood" before they broke out.     I saw them a bunch of times,  bought a mess of albums, etc. etc.   Last album I really liked a lot was Razor's Edge - much moreso than FOTS.  :shruggy:

BUT it wasn't the same band after Bon.  (period).  He was just one of the greatest I've ever seen.   All the early albums are just freakin great and aside from BIB and a few cuts from a few albums after that... well it's just not the same.   Brian is good in his own right doing his own stuff but anytime he tries to sing a Bon song... well, it's a giant letdown.... he's just NOT Bon.   Never could be,  never will. 

I saw the Stiff Upper Lip tour.   Frankly I couldn't remember  that or the names of the last few albums they put out.   It was a good show but the same gimmicks were getting old.    Angus getting all worked up is something to behold but he's getting old.

If they took it easy and did a club tour of places like the Chance where I just saw Uncle Ted last week,  that'd be great but I don't want to pay for an arena tour.   I've seen the same basic show plus or minus a few tunes since about 1981. 

In a way it's almost like Lynyrd Skynyrd to me.    I still can't imagine why they keep touring without Ronnie.  Then I remember... Oh yeah, it's because of the $    ::)

I agree that Bon Scott IS AC/DC. That's who they were to me first, too. TNT, High Voltage, Dirty Deeds, Let There Be Rock, Powerage, If You Want Blood (You Got It), '74 Jailbreak...all great albums. All hits, no misses. The same cannot be said for Brian Johnson's AC/DC. Period.

Watch the movie "Let There Be Rock" and tell me Brian Johnson is the better frontman. Puh-leez. BJ is serviceable and definitely has kicked his fair share of ass, mine included, since 1980, but Bon Scott is Bon Scott. Period. No frills. No selling exclusively their goods at some POS retailer.

Bon's ashes must be spinning like a snow globe's in Freemantle with this Wal-Mart crap.

AC/DC should play small clubs, but, again, commerce rules. Why get 70K in ticket sales from loyalists at a "concert club" when you can get several million from chumps and fringe fans as well in an arena setting? Whatever. Plus 40-plus bucks for a t-shirt? Forget it.

By the way, Lynyrd Skynyrd? We talking the same LS that just played the Canfield (Ohio) Fair here this past weekend? Amazing. How far we sometimes fall.

Peace

71 Bee Man

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 31, 2008, 04:13:14 PM
They did that album to mourn Bon, hence the black album cover.

That is and always will be their best selling album for sure.   It is in fact the second best selling album of all time. :yesnod:

here's the set list and I have to agree, all the songs were killer :icon_smile_big:

Hells Bells
Shoot To Thrill
What Do You Do for Money Honey
Given the Dog a Bone
Let Me Put My Love into You
Back in Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Have a Drink on Me
Shake a Leg
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

All the songs were written by Angus Malcolm and Brian :2thumbs:

G'day guys,

for me, a couple of the best songs written were Long Way To The Top and High Voltage.

Bonn Scott definitely had a great singing style.....Brian Johnson.....well, to me he just sounds like he's screaming. Don't get me wrong.....I think he's a good replacement, but Scott's voice was just individual.

Mike.....I'm with you. i think that Rock & Roll Train is pretty ordinary. I think people WANT it to be good. Mind you, I'll still go watch them if they come to Australia. Last time I went was fantastic - they put on a great show, especially Angus.

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

General_01

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on September 03, 2008, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on August 31, 2008, 04:13:14 PM
They did that album to mourn Bon, hence the black album cover.

That is and always will be their best selling album for sure.   It is in fact the second best selling album of all time. :yesnod:

here's the set list and I have to agree, all the songs were killer :icon_smile_big:

Hells Bells
Shoot To Thrill
What Do You Do for Money Honey
Given the Dog a Bone
Let Me Put My Love into You
Back in Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Have a Drink on Me
Shake a Leg
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

All the songs were written by Angus Malcolm and Brian :2thumbs:

G'day guys,

for me, a couple of the best songs written were Long Way To The Top and High Voltage.

Bonn Scott definitely had a great singing style.....Brian Johnson.....well, to me he just sounds like he's screaming. Don't get me wrong.....I think he's a good replacement, but Scott's voice was just individual.

Mike.....I'm with you. i think that Rock & Roll Train is pretty ordinary. I think people WANT it to be good. Mind you, I'll still go watch them if they come to Australia. Last time I went was fantastic - they put on a great show, especially Angus.

Peter
Sydney, Australia.

Good thing you said you would still go see them (isn't that mandatory there). I wouldn't want you to get kicked out of the country for treason. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

WingCharger

My friend at school bought a shirt from the 1975 AC/DC Australian High Voltage tour on eBay.

71 Bee Man

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 07:19:30 PM
My friend at school bought a shirt from the 1975 AC/DC Australian High Voltage tour on eBay.

Would you believe my 9 year old son and 12 year old daughter want me to take them to an Accadacca concert if they come down here.

I told them I will, but I will take some ear plugs for them, The last time I saw them I had a ringing in my ears the whole next day.

Peter :D
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :

General_01

You might want to have them NOT watch the monitors. Last time I saw them they would show all the women showing their twins to the camera and the band. :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RallyeMike

QuoteYou might want to have them NOT watch the monitors. Last time I saw them they would show all the women showing their twins to the camera and the band.

Let 'em look. Kids need real world edumacashuns !

PS. Bon's dead. Brian has done a good job of filling an unfillable hole in the lineup. I would much rather have had them carry on with Brian than disband. Imagine no Back in Black.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

bull

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 03, 2008, 10:45:38 PM
PS. Bon's dead. Brian has done a good job of filling an unfillable hole in the lineup. I would much rather have had them carry on with Brian than disband. Imagine no Back in Black.

Yes, Bon is quite dead, so what's the sense in anyone bemoaning Brian Johnson as a replacement? They did what they had to do and it worked. As far as the album only being for sale at Wallie World? Just wait a few days and buy it off Ebay or Amazon. :shruggy:

BigRed66

Well, I heard that "new"  ::) AC/DC track on the way into work this afternoon, "Rock 'n' Roll Train"... :eek2:

AC/DC and their fans (myself included) should be embarrassed. Wow...sounds SO original. Pathetic.

This is Joe Namath in a Rams uniform. Johnny Unitas in the Chargers' colors, Willie Mays falling down trying to go from 1st to 2nd in a Mets uniform....hell, it's David Lee Roth, balding and paunchy, trying to front Van Halen like it's '78, when it's really 2008. Sad to watch (hear).

...it's over, boys, unless you freshen up with a capable, genre-matching vocalist. That's the only way you keep this thing alive and viable. Brendan O'Brien as your producer? Pearl Jam?!? Where's Mutt Lange to tell you that this is a garbage record?

Brian Johnson is finished.

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, how about mixing in a 4th chord? That'd be pretty novel at this point.

I need to go listen to Powerage to snap out of this funk.

...no shame, no heart, no soul....just a bunch of whores getting pimped by their management....

moparstuart

Quote from: BigRed66 on September 04, 2008, 04:30:18 PM
Well, I heard that "new"  ::) AC/DC track on the way into work this afternoon, "Rock 'n' Roll Train"... :eek2:

AC/DC and their fans (myself included) should be embarrassed. Wow...sounds SO original. Pathetic.

This is Joe Namath in a Rams uniform. Johnny Unitas in the Chargers' colors, Willie Mays falling down trying to go from 1st to 2nd in a Mets uniform....hell, it's David Lee Roth, balding and paunchy, trying to front Van Halen like it's '78, when it's really 2008. Sad to watch (hear).

...it's over, boys, unless you freshen up with a capable, genre-matching vocalist. That's the only way you keep this thing alive and viable. Brendan O'Brien as your producer? Pearl Jam?!? Where's Mutt Lange to tell you that this is a garbage record?

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, how about mixing in a 4th chord? That'd be pretty novel at this point.

...no shame, no heart, no soul....just a bunch of whores getting pimped by their management....
wow tell us how you really feel  :slap:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71 Bee Man

As Austin Powers would say....."YEAH, BABY". :METAL: :punkrocka: :naughty: :stirthepot: :rock:

WingCharger

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on September 04, 2008, 06:41:46 PM

As Austin Powers would say....."YEAH, BABY". :METAL: :punkrocka: :naughty: :stirthepot: :rock:

Shagadellic! ;)

BigRed66

Howard Stern had Angus (53!) and Brian (60!) on this morning...really and truly, those guys are great guys (had no idea that they were that old, but, shit, Angus DID form AC/DC in 1973, so...shoulda had an inkling), but I still won't go out and buy the album...I refuse to spend my hard-earned money at Shit-Mart or Scam's Club.

When my library gets a copy, I'll probably get it and put it in my iPod just to spite myself.

I will recant all previous posts if, after hearing the whole thing, it turns out to be decent. Just remember, it will never be BIB or IYWB(YGI)...but after hearing the guys on Howard, I'm inclined to at least give it a listen.

TruckDriver

Personally, I love the new song Rock 'N Roll Train. Sounds like the old and perfect ac/dc to me.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

WingCharger

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on September 13, 2008, 02:56:26 PM
Personally, I love the new song Rock 'N Roll Train. Sounds like the old and perfect ac/dc to me.
:iagree:

Brock Samson

getting discounted tixs for the Oak 12/2 show!!!
whoo hoo...