News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT-4?

Started by Fitz73Chrgr, August 26, 2008, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

Of the Neon variety?  Anyone own one?  What do you think of them?
Considering one for my next DD.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

SnoPro440

I have a 2005 SRT-4.  I bought it new and have almost 60K on it without any problems.  I use it as my DD and average around 31MPG.  No upgrades yet except a pistol grip shifter from Gunslinger and tinted windows.  You will notice that every ricer in the world will want to race and they will go out of their way to make sure you know that. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC Hemidoug has one as well....from what I remember he says he loves it...bought it new
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

Yep, bought it new, drive it every day and love it. It's a great little car, lots of aftermarket performance parts are available and quick as hell. best all around performance car Chrysler ever built. I have 61 K and have yet to do anything to the car, including brakes or clutch. Even have a pistol grip for a shifter! :2thumbs:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Dave22443

Quote from: mxzx440 on August 26, 2008, 09:13:38 PM
You will notice that every ricer in the world will want to race and they will go out of their way to make sure you know that. 

Funny..  I've never had that problem with my '68 Charger.  When I pull up next to one at a light, they suddenly get real quiet.   :lol:

I wonder if its the full 3" exhaust that does it?  :shruggy:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

bull

Everything Chrysler makes now has "R/T" somewhere in the badging doesn't it? :shruggy:

SRT-440

I have an 04 SRT-4..it's a great little DD..30+ mpg..runs mid/high 13's..lots of seat of the pants power. I have over 70K on it and nothing has ever gone wrong and the only thing I've replaced are the spark plugs still has stock clutch, brakes and exhaust. Mines a Stage 1 with a few mods and yes the fart can ricers love to play and it takes about 2 seconds from a second gear pull to show them who is boss.  :angel: :yesnod:

Biggest complaint is..it's small and can be a bumpy ride..however I do have the mopar springs which lowered it 1 inch.

Fyi, people HATE this car..they all think it's crap and won't last and is over rated in performance..these people are just haters..yup it's a neon..but the only thing that it has in common with a regular neon is the body.

Stay away from '03's they didn't come with LSD and can be a handful.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Hemidoug

QuoteStay away from '03's they didn't come with LSD and can be a handful.

I thought all the 03s were already wrapped around a pole by now.....

Even the later ones can be a handfull....getting into the turbo while the steering wheel is turned will get your attention for sure.....get some work on those biceps!!!!! She needs to be man handled every once in a while, but it's well worth the ride.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

SnoPro440

Quote from: Hemidoug on August 27, 2008, 01:03:21 PM
I thought all the 03s were already wrapped around a pole by now.....

Even the later ones can be a handfull....getting into the turbo while the steering wheel is turned will get your attention for sure.....get some work on those biceps!!!!! She needs to be man handled every once in a while, but it's well worth the ride.

I second that one.  During the test drive I thought my wife was going to take us right into the stoplight and median.  It's caught me off guard a couple times but you are right, it's well worth the ride.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Fitz73Chrgr

Well my buddy just bought a burnt orange '05, and I took my first ride in it and I have to say....

I'm sold, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying one should circumstances allow in the next year or so. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541