News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

IS GM comming out with the new Camaro or not ?

Started by ACUDANUT, August 31, 2008, 09:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I am only asking because it might force Dodge to lower the price of their new Challenger that I would like to have. ;D

Troy

Well, it's the feature car of SEMA next year. It's slated as a 2010 production model.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

what is GM's hold up.  I want Competition out there.

Brock Samson

bull

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 31, 2008, 10:07:08 AM
what is GM's hold up.  I want Competition out there.

:lol: Don't hold your breath for the Camaro, or a price that will promote competition.

hotrod98

I read somewhere that the Camaros would be priced higher than a comparable Challenger. Don't expect the Challenger prices to come down.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

CHRGR SE

I'd bet there is no way Chrysler will go Walmart swap meet pricing with the Challenger in order to take away Camaro sales. Besides, lowest bidder muscle car people already have the Mustang offerings.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

Mopar2Ya

The last I heard GM dropped the Z28 500hp option, but up'd the SS to 420hp @ only ~$33k. The maro is lighter IIRC. The Chally may be in trouble, the SS will easily be faster if all of this is true. Don't get me wrong, I'm only interested in the Mopar. The word is  that Chrysler may drop in the 6.4L eventually or offer a s/c through MP. We'll see...

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

HKCharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 31, 2008, 09:54:58 AM
I am only asking because it might force Dodge to lower the price of their new Challenger that I would like to have. ;D

in 2009

hemi-hampton

How did the Challenger get to the market so much quicker then the Camaro? The Local Dodge Dealer in town has about 10 Challengers in stock & some are advertised out front at $24,995. I assume low option base model. Seen a gray one to, first time I seen that color on one. LEON.

mikepmcs

Just saw a new Chally for the first time on Friday in Winthrop Maine.  We were going to lunch to have our weekly beers and my buddy goes crazy and says Mike, new challenger just pulled into our buddy Spike's performance.  I screeched to a halt, parked in just about the middle of the street and asked the owner that was coming across the street if I could take a look and he says, it's open, and the keys are in it, do whatever you want.  What a beautiful car!!!!!!  Of course I never opened the door, but geez it was nice.

Black, SRT-8, absolute perfection IMO. tags said "RETRO 70"

I really want one now.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Rolling_Thunder

I can't wait for GM to say "yeah...   no Z28 - but we're making 50 ZL-1's with the LS9 rated at 638hp"       Hmmmm...      then Dodge will have to worry    :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Mike DC

The new Chally got done so quickly because it's basically just a reskin of the Charger.  They chopped a few inches out of the wheelbase but nothing else major was changed on the structure. 

Ironically, this is basically the exact same way that the original E-bodies were created in 1970.  They took the B-body's front half and created a shortened rear half for it. 

Mopar2Ya

IIRC the maro is on the same platform as the CTS?

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8