News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

That dang LL1 '68 Hemi Charger R/T again

Started by hemi68charger, August 30, 2008, 07:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
OK, I got bored today and pushed the ole' '68 out in the Sun to take some more pictures with the additional "stuff" I've installed recently... I'm making an ebay ad to see if something comes about since the debacle of recent.. I'm not giving up on my Daytona quest and while I wait, I'm having fun with my '68.......

Here's a few... Sorry if this is getting tiresome..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

some more.........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

last bunch..
Troy

skip68

:scratchchin:   That lift kit and tire combo doesn't look to stable.  :yesnod:  :icon_smile_big:  Never to many pictures, NEVER.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

Your just making us jealous  :drool5: I can't imagine anyone on ebay giving you what you need since it isn't finished with everything going on in the market.... but what do I know? Good Luck Troy :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rusty lee

Chargers are like good looking women can never see enough pictures.

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on August 30, 2008, 07:43:35 PM
I can't imagine anyone on ebay giving you what you need since it isn't finished. But what do I know? Good Luck Troy :2thumbs:

I'm thinking a multi-car ad with the '70... A set persay... Sort of like I did with Dana and the '68...  There's one Daytona I know about I could possibly swing it, but I'm still gunnin' for my friend's...

Troy

hemi-hampton

Yeah, Those stilts & little wheels make me nervous just looking at them. Be a shame to see it fall. Besides that, looks nice. LEON.

WingCharger

How could a Hemi Charger get tiresome?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

hemi68charger

Quote from: HKCharger on August 30, 2008, 08:09:06 PM
what debacle?

The dude that "SWORE" he was going to buy my car and then backed out and bought something else.. I guess I was in his back pocket long enough...
Troy

RJS

Until you have CASH in your hand your only kidding yourself period!

hemi68charger

:hah: 
Quote from: RJS on August 30, 2008, 08:20:31 PM
Until you have CASH in your hand your only kidding yourself period!

:smilielol:   You're killing me.........  Maybe in your world.......... But, all I need to one and I have a few Daytona prospects...... And, I replied to your moparts smarty-pants reply as well.......

Troy
Troy

hemi-hampton

Yeah, Saying you want to buy your car means nothing until you got cash in hand, To many people blow hot air :rotz: LEON.

C500

mm mmmm, sure is looking sweet with those white seats back there.  :yesnod:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 31, 2008, 03:53:03 AM
mm mmmm, sure is looking sweet with those white seats back there.  :yesnod:

Yeap. I threw the original seats in it for storage and saw how good the white contrast is going to look like...............

Troy

SFRT

IMAO Daytonas only look good if they are raked, fender-flared with big fat tires and racing on a track. Daytonas with regular tires on the street look a little goofy. Your '68 however will be insanely beautiful on the street.

I would take your 68 hemi charger over a Daytona any time.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

Hell I even like it with the stilts and matchbox wheels............ 

KEEP THE CAR.............
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

65post

I know you want a Daytona ( who does`t ) But once that thing is all put back together it is going to be a show stopper.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

The70RT

:iagree: with everyone.....KEEP THE CAR. Come on Troy you know that's why your not selling it all done because then you know you won't be able to part with it  :D Hell Daytona prices could go down more after you get it all back together.....then maybe you will find the right one for the right price. I would think if your 68 was all done it would be worth a driver Daytona anyway  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on August 31, 2008, 12:22:39 PM
:iagree: with everyone.....KEEP THE CAR. Come on Troy you know that's why your not selling it all done because then you know you won't be able to part with it  :D Hell Daytona prices could go down more after you get it all back together.....then maybe you will find the right one for the right price. I would think if your 68 was all done it would be worth a driver Daytona anyway  :shruggy:

I'm with ya The70RT ... But, these "word of mouth" things are free and the ebay ads aren't all that expensive... The resto. is still in progress as time goes by and finances allow.. I haven't stopped, just looking for opportunities........ All it takes is one................ Car dealers are a waste of time it appears because all their interested in is margin for profitability.. Then, they try to diminish the value of the car.. Bullocks.......  :icon_smile_big:

So, in the process, as stated, I'll push forward.. Obviously, with more improvements, the value of the car increases....

Thanks to all for your support and mopar-fellowship... To those that think I'm a bag of hot-air and/or my videos are chessy, well.......... I'll leave it at that...  :nana:
Troy

RJS

Your words not mine:  :shruggy:
"To those that think I'm a bag of hot-air and/or my videos are chessy, well.......... I'll leave it at that... "  :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Quote from: RJS on August 31, 2008, 01:42:49 PM
Your words not mine:  :shruggy:
"To those that think I'm a bag of hot-air and/or my videos are chessy, well.......... I'll leave it at that... "  :yesnod:

Oh,, Mr. Innocent...  very witty........ not.........

Why exactly do you get self-satisfaction out of belittling others and/or their actions? Never claimed to be Steven Spielberg in my video.. Sounds like someone's envious....... That sort of thing will eat you up dude........ Big man behind these forums aren't ya.......

Troy
Troy

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

68RT4ME

The car is looking SWEET Troy. Fella's, Having known Troy for 28 yrs, I can tell you he will not give up on getting his dream car. None of us should. He's getting closer all the time. I too love that color and if I could, I'd buy from ya since it's my favorite year Charger. I only hope to see the finished product before it's gone.  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd