News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Did You Do Over Summer Vacation?

Started by JohnnyBee, August 30, 2008, 06:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

This is  Part I. I'll post more if you do.

This year we decided to do the "Griswold" family vacation trip. For the first time in several years, we were able to take two whole weeks off from work a plan a road trip to the mountains of Tennessee.

First we headed north to Dandridge, the second oldest town in Tennessee.  It is a small historic town located east of Knoxville.  There we paid a visit to the Bent Rod Garage guys. Bent Rod Garage is a specialty company that designs and produces mopar collectables currently specializing in Super Bee's and Challenger's (www.bentrodgarage.com).

The directions to their facility brought us through the scenic rural mountains of Tennessee.

Upon arriving, we were impressed to see and extremely large building in the middle of beautiful farmland.  Pulling into the driveway our eyes immediately found two coronets sitting in the field. After further inspection they were found to be '68 and '69 383 Super Bees. Somehow we knew this must be the right place and that car guys were working nearby.

We entered the building and found ourselves in a very impressive lobby and waiting area. We were greeted by Maurice Rogers, CEO and introduced to Paul Francis, President.  Maurice is the true car guy and Paul is an artist who has been a part of the Hollywood film industry for the last 20 years working on projects that included Terminator II, Creature from the Black Lagoon and Ghostbusters. Through the business venture, he has become a huge fan of Super Bees and Chargers.

Paul and Maurice come up with a conceptual idea and design first on paper and then submit it for licensing and approval from the big boys at Dodge in Detroit. Once approved, a clay model is sculpted and then cast into a resin mold. A prototype is shipped to a toy manufacturer for a limited quantity run. One of their first Challenger pieces was given to Jay Leno when he received his new 2008 Challenger. More designs and products will be previewing in the near future.

Maurice showed us a separate building which houses their car and truck collection.  Among their collection is Maurice's 454 Chevelle SS, '69 Coronet 440, and Paul's original Ghostbusters Ecto car from universal studies in Orlando.

After spending about five hours touring the facilities and cars they took us to a fine Tennessee barbeque restaurant located in historic downtown where we had barbeque – of course and enjoyed the house specialty, sweet potato chips rolled in brown sugar and dipped in honey.  It was excellent.

I  highly recommend you checking them out.

Look, Big Ben, Parliament. Big Ben, Parliament...

Brock Samson

:scope:

BB1

People still have vacations? I was robbed.
Delete my profile

68RT4ME

Great pics John and it sounds like you two had a great time so, did yaaaaaa bring me back somethin?  :scratchchin:  :rofl:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

twinscrew698

This is what i was doing the last 3 years ..............
Right when i picked up the car..

twinscrew698

Then i found out the K Frame was needin replaced..........

twinscrew698

Forgot somethin!!!
Used K Frame found local

twinscrew698

Then Had to get this done.......Numbers matching HP 400