News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Left quarter with a "little rust on the bottom" from Wildcat Mopars

Started by CHRGR SE, August 30, 2008, 11:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHRGR SE

The shop decided to use it for roof patches. BTW, it was $700 plus shipping for the qtr/wheelhouse assm.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

RECHRGD

Quote from: CHRGR SE on August 30, 2008, 11:05:04 AM

The shop decided to use it for roof patches. BTW, it was $700 plus shipping for the qtr/wheelhouse assm.

They've always been pricy, but that's over the top!  I'd have a little talk with them if I were you.
13.53 @ 105.32

bullit68

if its just a little rust or more like the picture,either way its patched and repaired the same.no big deal.why would you then use the quarter for patch panels if you just paid $700.00 plus shipping?you could use a $30.00 piece of sheet metal for that.you bitch because you paid a lot for it then you cut it up for scrap.you could have recouped some money and sold it to someone who could really use it for more than donor metal for patch panels.IDIOT!

CHRGR SE

Quote from: bullit68 on August 31, 2008, 12:10:52 PM
if its just a little rust or more like the picture,either way its patched and repaired the same.no big deal.why would you then use the quarter for patch panels if you just paid $700.00 plus shipping?you could use a $30.00 piece of sheet metal for that.you bitch because you paid a lot for it then you cut it up for scrap.you could have recouped some money and sold it to someone who could really use it for more than donor metal for patch panels.IDIOT!

Perhaps you have no problem with misrepresentation of a product and don't mind paying a bodyshop $70 an hour to correct something that should have been as described. Why would I use the panel for patches? To make the best of a situation by using correct gauge metal where it is needed. Try using capital letters at the start of sentences, it's free, even for the ignorant.   ;)

Mopar2Ya

That sucks. Did you try a little Rustoleum first? jk What did you end up w/for a qtr panel?

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

CHRGR SE

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on August 31, 2008, 02:40:29 PM
That sucks. Did you try a little Rustoleum first? jk What did you end up w/for a qtr panel?

This is cheaper than rustoleum...

;)

Forum meber, FLG, provided me with the name Tabco for the left qtr. skin. It should arrrive at the shop next week. Along with a few patches from the Widlcat qtr., all should be whole soon.