News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help selecting a cam (426 hemi)

Started by Rolling_Thunder, February 02, 2007, 02:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

I need help selecting a cam for a 426 hemi. Customer is looking at Crane and Comp cams of the hydraulic roller veriety - he is looking for a 5500-6000rpm redline with a relatively smooth idle  (looking for streetability) - - -  nothing radical - I was thinking something on a 112-114lsa and around 230-250duration @ .050"   - - - -     

anyone want to give me some help ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mikepmcs

:popcrn:
sorry, no response, but when Ron, Chryco, Chall 340 and a couple others chime in, i want some knowledge. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 02, 2007, 02:40:39 PM
I need help selecting a cam for a 426 hemi. Customer is looking at Crane and Comp cams of the hydraulic roller veriety - he is looking for a 5500-6000rpm redline with a relatively smooth idle  (looking for streetability) - - -  nothing radical - I was thinking something on a 112-114lsa and around 230-250duration @ .050"   - - - -     

anyone want to give me some help ?

Stick or auto ? If auto...what stall speed ? Gears ? Tire diameter ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

I have a wicked solid grind that si awesome for basically stock powerband
Lunati grind
Let me know

gers1968rt

Did you ever get a hydraulic roller cam? I put a hydraulic roller cam from comp in my 426 hemi, and found out the pushrods wouldn't have clearance thru the heads, so I used solid roller lifters which were the same length as the stock flat tappet lifters. Comp said this would work if we had a lash no more than .006.  We started the hemi last night and there is a bit too much unusual noise, so we are looking for where it might be coming from. Has anyone done this or anyone have any ideas I might look for? gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.