News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do I have all the right hardware for the headliner?

Started by mauibarber, August 29, 2008, 01:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauibarber

Could you guys take look at these pics of my rear view glass.  I want to make sure I have all the right pieces before I take my car in for its new headliner.  1969 Charger. (I know I'm missing the passenger sail board)
Thanks,
Alex

mauibarber

The70RT

There is some little steel rods that hold the bows on that connect to the rear window area....do you have them? And of course the main bows and side brackets too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finn

This is my 68, I cant imagine them changing much?? I don't know the specifics of this particular topic but I figured I might as well post the pic for comparison.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69chargerrt

Quote from: mauibarber on August 29, 2008, 01:19:51 AM
Could you guys take look at these pics of my rear view glass.  I want to make sure I have all the right pieces before I take my car in for its new headliner.  1969 Charger. (I know I'm missing the passenger sail board)
Thanks,
Alex

I assume you do have the rear window trim pieces?  I see you have the bottom one but there are 4 other pieces that you should have.  THey also hold in the headliner.

But if you do have those as well as the bows that The70RT mentions, then you should be good to go. 

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mauibarber

Quote from: 69chargerrt on September 01, 2008, 05:43:57 PM
Quote from: mauibarber on August 29, 2008, 01:19:51 AM
Thanks,
Alex

I assume you do have the rear window trim pieces?  I see you have the bottom one but there are 4 other pieces that you should have.  THey also hold in the headliner.

But if you do have those as well as the bows that The70RT mentions, then you should be good to go. 

I don't have the two small rear panel bows.  Anybody know where I can get these?  Should a good apolstrey shop be able to make a couple?  I'm missing the right rear cardboard sail panel, I'm sure a shop could cut out a new one out of cardboard/fiberboard?

Looks like I'm also missing the two rear window bottom corner trim pieces but im not gonna stress about those for now.  You can see the other rear window trim pieces in my pics.  At least I think were all talking about the same thing.

-Alex