News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sell 68 RT for 09 RT?

Started by RT DAVE, July 22, 2008, 09:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

I wouldn't do it. Then again i want to get a new Challenger as well, but that will be in about 3 more years the way I figure it.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 24, 2008, 04:45:34 PM
I wouldn't do it. Then again i want to get a new Challenger as well, but that will be in about 3 more years the way I figure it.
I hope to get one too, maybe a convertible if it happens , maybe a slightly used one with out the mark up and huge driving off the lot depriciation
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparheater

If one of your kids is a boy he'll be upset if you give up the 68 (when he's old enough to appreciate it)...so my  :Twocents: is that if you care about the kids keep the classic!!!! and if he ends up being a nerd then you can sell the charger and pay for law school

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 23, 2008, 07:53:51 PM
Quote from: Supercharged Riot on July 23, 2008, 07:08:32 PM
Sell your car to me  :yesnod:

I just filled the tank.  9.8 mpg @55 mph.   Still want it?

I've been  looking for a Charger since 2003.  I'm a a serious buyer with no luck in this world.  Most deals would pass me up because I didnt have enough funds to begin with. I gave up looking for about a year (last year).  I'm still somewhat in the market right now. Just  alil depressed thats all

gordo1968charger

Quote from: charger01 on July 23, 2008, 01:26:28 PM
Quote from: RT DAVE on July 23, 2008, 12:56:07 PM
All of this was probably premature.  I've been told that it looks better in person than in pictures and I'm kinda ridin' the fence in regards to it's appearance.  I probably should just settle for driving my Magnum R/T as it is probably roughly the equivalent in the cockpit.   Probably isn't but I'm going to tell myself that. 

That's the truth.  Saw one in person last week for the first time.  It's the baddest looking car built in the last 35 :yesnod: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: years...
saw 2 at the old town cruise in florida a black and an orange,look damn sweet to me,BUT I LL KEEP MY 68 ALL THE SAME THANKS
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Mike DC

QuoteI've been  looking for a Charger since 2003.  I'm a a serious buyer with no luck in this world.  Most deals would pass me up because I didnt have enough funds to begin with. I gave up looking for about a year (last year).  I'm still somewhat in the market right now. Just  alil depressed thats all

Sorry you've had no luck.

But at the same time, I think anyone who can't find one in 5 years is just not willing to pay the going rate for it. 

firefighter3931

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 24, 2008, 09:44:07 AM
I just priced an 09 RT with six speed with almost all the goodies.   $37K!  OMG that's alota cash. 

You're right....waaaay too much cash for a car that will lose 50% of it's value in 2 years.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Keep the Charger and let someone else take a hit on the depreciation.....buy one in a few years.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

nakita7

It seems most Mopar guys think these cars are suppossed to be sitting in a garage, or up on blocks in the back yard, but I don't. It's common sense, I personally think that cars are meant to be driven (call me crazy). If you're not driving yours, sell it to someone who will. If you know you will drive the '09 more, then get one. I just saw the new Challenger recently, and I know I could have fun with one! Your car is worth way more than it was when you bought, you've made your money, move on and enjoy life.  :Twocents:

Johnny SixPack

Personally, I think you've already made your decision.  :yesnod:
Comparing the nue-Challenger and you Charger isn't a fair comparison in any regards.
At least not IMHO.
Personally, there's not a chance in hell I'd make that switch, but that's me. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

DodgeChargerNeeded

I have a 70 Charger right now and I am so tempted to sell it to help finance a new 09 Challenger R/T Deep Water Blue that just came in at the local dealer.
Jeff