News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sealing material for emblems, quarter extensions, etc...

Started by hemi68charger, August 28, 2008, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
Me ONCE again.............. Where's a good source for weather-proofing/sealant/caulking. From the factory it looks like a black and/or white weatherstrip material or caulk that was used for things such as the rear exterior quarter extensions, the "HEMI" badges on the doors, etc.. Looks like for the most part, the material was packed into the retaining nut so the material "squished out" against the sheetmetal and hence sealed the rain from getting in....

Thanks again............
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

SFRT

I have been using 3M 'brushable' auto caulk sealant. its in a plain lookin blue and white can,from the local auto paint supplier. it goes on a little goopy, but you can wipe of excess with lacquer thinner and it looks just like the OG stuff once its painted over.the material itsel is a sort of off white color.

http://www.levineautoparts.com/3mbrseseq.html
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

Troy,

go to a parts store and get some 3M strip caulk.

Its a box of about ten inch long pieces of the stuff you need.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Thanks again guys..
Brian.. Do you have a bigger pic of your car there on your Avatar? That's a nice lookin' ride.............

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

mikepmcs

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 28, 2008, 11:16:57 AM
Troy,

+1

and go to this thread Troy and your prayers will be answered for pics of Brian's resto.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21037.0.html
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bill440rt

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 28, 2008, 11:16:57 AM
Troy,

:iagree: :iagree:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi68charger

Thanks guys for the info and linky... I know exactly what you're talking about.. May get some for the weekend and tinker with the '68... If Gustav heads this way, it may be a longer weekend........... 
Troy