News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mike's Red Charger 74SE restoration progress pics

Started by Charger74SE, June 22, 2008, 12:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger74SE

It's been awhile since I looked at this thread and I want to thanks everyone for the positive replies.
Progress on the car has been slow for the past couple of months due to other matters that had to be taken care of but I'm back on it now. Here's a few pics of the left rear quarter that I finished this morning.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

Charger74SE

A few more.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE

Charger74SE

Last set.
Right side had the same repair done to it. Should have it finished in about 2 weeks.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

:o  You sir are doing a damn fine job with your metal work. 

Doesnt the quarter panel seam need to be fully welded though?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger74SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 25, 2008, 02:47:24 PM
:o You sir are doing a damn fine job with your metal work.

Doesnt the quarter panel seam need to be fully welded though?
Thanks for your replies.

Its normally recommended if your doing patch replacements at the bottom of the panel to prevent water from getting through but not up at the upper body line. Staggering the tack welds reduces panel warping but you have to be careful.

Mike

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE

rudyjrusa

great job - car looks good - nice pictures of restoration - i have a 74 charger - love the 73 and 74 style - i wish i had a big enough garage that i could restore a charger.

Charger74SE

Quote from: rudyjrusa on August 26, 2008, 06:26:45 AM
great job - car looks good - nice pictures of restoration - i have a 74 charger - love the 73 and 74 style - i wish i had a big enough garage that i could restore a charger.
Thanks Rudy.

My garage is only 18 x 20. It barely fits in. There's only 8 inches of space behind the car when the doors are closed.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE