News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New to the forum/ Check out my project

Started by JustinM, August 26, 2008, 02:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinM

OK so my dad gave me his charger hes had since the 80's :icon_smile_big: I'm 19 so college and work take up a lot of my time and money but Im saving some money up to get the project Rollin. I'm going to do everything myself I know enough about cars and my dad is a mechanic so yeah I'm covered, but I'm thinking about 4-5 years ill have it almost perfect. anyway just wanted to say hi
and heres a pic old a new of my 73 charger.
It had a rallye hood you know power bulge one but my dad traded it to his brother who has a 72 charger many years ago. so I will buy one after I get 1500 bucks or so lol
   If you look in the door of that barn you can see the hood I have for it now leaning on the wall its yellow and black.

Ah yes also if the site needs anymore moderators or any help I know a bit about keeping a forum by being an administrator of my own forum Shootingsquirrels.com (A varmint hunting website)

360 runs good

41husk

Welcome varment hunter, and good luck with the charger! I am kinda partial to 73s
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

terrible one

Very cool! It looks like you've got a really good solid car to start with.  :2thumbs: Welcome!

dodgecharger-fan

Nice!

Looks good an solid. Best of luck with the project and keep us posted.

:2thumbs:

The70RT

Cool. Welcome. My Schnauzer loves those varmints  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger1973

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69*F5*SE

PocketThunder

Welcome Justin, nice Charger, and you are right on it taking 4~5 years to finish while you work and go to college.  I did that same thing when i went to college.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Big Lebowski

Right on dude, keep the resto pics coming, it's like eye candy. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

squeakfinder

I didn't realize there were so many other squirrel killers in Oregon until I checked out your site.  :2thumbs:

http://www.shootingsquirrels.com/
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

4speed

TK73

Why would ANYBODY want a '73 with a small block??   :D :D
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

BronzeOnSteelies

Welcome to the site Justin,

Your 73 looks like a great car to start with   :icon_smile_tongue:
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Back N Black

Welcome!  looks like a great start. lots and lots of great people and info. here.  :cheers:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

JustinM

Quote from: TK73 on August 26, 2008, 11:39:36 PM

I dont. but i figurd ill get somthing big when i hit my midlife and want to go fast and feel young again lol

Thanks guys I will report with progress

TK73

Quote from: JustinM on August 27, 2008, 03:42:42 PM

but i figurd ill get somthing big when i hit my midlife and want to go fast and feel young again lol

360 goin in mine next month... and midlife SUCKS... think I'm gonna go out and buy a sports car... maybe a black Mustang GT...

WingCharger

Looks like a great project! :cheers:
I hunt squirrels from time to time. Right now I am tyring to get my Trappers license, and start trapping muskrats and coons.

mikesbbody

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TK73 on August 27, 2008, 03:47:42 PM
think I'm gonna go out and buy a sports car... maybe a black Mustang GT...
So uhhh whut...you'll have one for each side of the driveway?  :D

Oh & welcome aboard! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger74SE

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

MaMopar

MaMopar

TK73

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 28, 2008, 07:25:09 PM
Quote from: TK73 on August 27, 2008, 03:47:42 PM
think I'm gonna go out and buy a sports car... maybe a black Mustang GT...
So uhhh whut...you'll have one for each side of the driveway?  :D

Damn, forgot I already had one out there... must be mid-life already...

TK73

BTW, I like it more every time I open this thread...

CharcoalCharger

Welcome to the site.  Looks like a nice solid car to start with, plus it helps in was in the family the last 20+ years.  I like my cars and their sentimental value   :icon_smile_big:

JustinM

Thanks everyone, Yeah I really love this car, we also have a ford galaxie, but its in a few pices lol, but i love the charger and the galixie will probably just sit for a good ten years till my dad sells it restors it or hands it over to me  :icon_smile_big:

oh and dont think im a big red neck with junk all over my yard, we were redoing are barn and thats why these cars were outside and you would see mounds of scap and a few junkers too if i didnt crop the pic lol, but we finished the barn so everything looks nice now  :coolgleamA:

bull

Hey Justin. I recognized your Charger from the shooting squirrels website. I think I told ou about this site, didn't I? Anyway, welcome aboard. :2thumbs:

JustinM

yes sir you did just started to do a little work on the charger so i figured id join the forum, thanks bull, anyway SS has been dead for 2 weeks  :rotz: we need to get it rolling again

bull

Quote from: JustinM on August 29, 2008, 12:11:50 AM
yes sir you did just started to do a little work on the charger so i figured id join the forum, thanks bull, anyway SS has been dead for 2 weeks  :rotz: we need to get it rolling again

Is it kind of a seasonal thing? The squirrels are probably getting hard to find these days. :shruggy: I usually only go hunting once in ths spring and then it's back to the city.

squeakfinder

Quote from: bull on August 29, 2008, 12:24:09 AM

Is it kind of a seasonal thing? The squirrels are probably getting hard to find these days. :shruggy: I usually only go hunting once in ths spring and then it's back to the city.

I don't mean to butt in because I know your asking Justin but, I think I live about 60 miles or so east of you Bull. I can tell you from expeirence that gray diggers out here like the sun. And there still active wright now. Allthogh I can't speek for eastern Oregon. Larry.

TheGhost

Insanity?

Looks like a good start for a project.  My advice?  Take your time, don't rush it.  And save as much spare cash as you can.  Cars are expensive.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

Quote from: squeakfinder on August 29, 2008, 07:00:28 PM
Quote from: bull on August 29, 2008, 12:24:09 AM

Is it kind of a seasonal thing? The squirrels are probably getting hard to find these days. :shruggy: I usually only go hunting once in the spring and then it's back to the city.

I don't mean to butt in because I know your asking Justin but, I think I live about 60 miles or so east of you Bull. I can tell you from expeirence that gray diggers out here like the sun. And there still active wright now. Allthogh I can't speek for eastern Oregon. Larry.

No, no, you can butt in any time when it comes to varmint hunting options. :yesnod: I usually go to Joseph (NE Oregon) in June and although they are out all summer they get harder to find later due to the grass getting taller, reduced population (thanks to guys like me) and I think they get a little smarter too.

So where do you live... and when would you like to go shooting? :2thumbs: Seriously.

TK73

OOOOOOHH... I like the '65 / '66 Galaxies!!  That one a '66?

squeakfinder

PM sent Curtis. Let me know that you got it.  :2thumbs: