News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trevor Creed & the new Charger

Started by KMPX2, August 26, 2008, 08:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMPX2

If you guy remember he is the guy that shafted us with the new 4dr junk Charger  :flame:  Well he just retired!!  :2thumbs: Hope the new guy does better by us.

68RT4ME

I think he did fine. Whats wrong with it? Is this another thread crying  :bawling: about the 4 dr CHARGER. Please, give it a rest.  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

bull

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 26, 2008, 08:50:06 AM
Is this another thread crying  :bawling: about the 4 dr CHARGER. Please, give it a rest.  :icon_smile_big:

Why? We'll stop crying about it and you can stop crying about us crying about it if/when Chrysler fixes Creed's f^#k up. :icon_smile_big: Or when Chrysler goes belly-up, whichever comes first.

68RT4ME

Quote from: bull on August 26, 2008, 08:52:51 AM
Is this another thread crying  :bawling: about the 4 dr CHARGER. Please, give it a rest.  :icon_smile_big:

Why? We'll stop crying about it and you can stop crying about us crying about it if/when Chrysler fixes Creed's f^#k up. :icon_smile_big:

Well, well, well,... didn't take ya long to chime in Bull. I promise to let you drive mine sometime and help you get over it.  :pity:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

bull

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 26, 2008, 08:54:43 AM
Quote from: bull on August 26, 2008, 08:52:51 AM

Why? We'll stop crying about it and you can stop crying about us crying about it if/when Chrysler fixes Creed's f^#k up. :icon_smile_big:

Well, well, well,... didn't take ya long to chime in Bull. I promise to let you drive mine sometime and help you get over it.  :pity:

Yay!! Can I back it into a fire hydrant at 30 mph? :angel:

68RT4ME

You sure can but, you'll have to try it first in you Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

bull

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 26, 2008, 09:01:42 AM
You sure can but, you'll have to try it first in you Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

I'll need some help pushing it. :shruggy:

Orange_Crush

I have to laugh at you guys.

Does it make you sleep better that the guy who is taking over his position (Ralph Gilles) is the guy...the one person...who actually DESIGNED the Charger?

Just wondering. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Brock Samson

YES, it was the German management who decided to change up the design from the old LH series to the new LX, from front wheel with the possibility of rear/four wheel design to the inclusion of the E-series stampings and the emphasis on front and offset impact safety.
So some really good things came from the direction switch, but the time line was interrupted by 18 mos to two full years and decontenting set in as soon as the ink was dry. Plymouth was sunk and dodge took over as the "value" brand.
The lack of and erronious infomation that is consistantly repeated suggests some should read the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Taken-Ride-Daimler-Benz-Drove-Chrysler/dp/0060934484

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Orange_Crush on August 26, 2008, 09:47:20 AM

Does it make you sleep better that the guy who is taking over his position (Ralph Gilles) is the guy...the one person...who actually DESIGNED the Charger?

Just wondering. 

I've always understood that the car design came first and then the name Charger was stuck on it..........I bet Ralph (or who ever) had no idea it would be called Charger during the designing phase of things.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Columns/articleId=104128

A car with no name.

It does not look like a Charger bacause it was not designed to be one from the start. ::)

BBD

Orange_Crush

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 26, 2008, 12:48:04 PM

Just wondering. 

I've always understood that the car design came first and then the name Charger was stuck on it..........I bet Ralph (or who ever) had no idea it would be called Charger during the designing phase of things.

A car with no name.

It does not look like a Charger bacause it was not designed to be one from the start. ::)

BBD

I like it.  As far as I'm concerned, its more of a Charger than anything Chrysler built after 1974.  The point is, however, that Ralph Gilles designed it.  He is the new head of design.

I loved this line in the article you linked to.

QuoteTime will tell who's right — Chrysler or Charger junkies.

Looks like the Charger Junkies...despite their bluster and indignation, were dead wrong.  They're still selling about 5,500 units a month (the worst month they've ever had on the car).  Sales up to June were over 9,000 units per month.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

RD

i dont care either way, the car is out now, but... i found this quote interesting... anyone know where Mr. Jason Vines is at today?

Quote"If they want a '69 Charger, they can go buy one," sniped Chrysler's top spokesman Jason Vines.

Oh, here he is!!!

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/chrysler-fires-pr-supremo-jason-vines/

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=123909  <---- they call him a good guy in this one

something is fishy about his "resigning"  anyone do some further sleuthing?  The snide remark about the 69 charger comment (may or may not be intended that way, but that is the way i took it) makes me wonder what homey is doing now.

*edit: found him*

VINES, JASON
FRANKLIN , MI 48025
COMPUWARE/SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

he made enough money to retire, he didnt care if cars were ugly/low quality, he only cared about his paycheck.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:    :rotz:  :smilielol:   

he told you this?..

Silver R/T

wrote me an e-mail, want me to forward you a copy now??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

Whats wrong with it?

Besides having too many doors, I recall a poll that the old Dodge-Charger.com had when the Intrepid replacement was first revealed...90% of classic Charger owners (2 door Chargers for those of you in Rio Linda) didn't like it. Period.
   I try staying out of these threads because it's just a car, & hating a car is just too much for my blood pressure to handle. Having said that, Trevor Creed speaks through his butt, & he really irratates me.
    Anyway, if I ever buy one, it will be because of its name, Charger. Remember, for over 25 years I've owned 10 or so Chargers, '68's to '70's, & mostly R/T's, so my opinion counts.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

skip68

I think it's time for one of these..... :grouphug:    :'(
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on August 26, 2008, 01:17:30 PM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 26, 2008, 12:48:04 PM

Just wondering. 

A car with no name.

BBD

I like it.  As far as I'm concerned, its more of a Charger than anything Chrysler built after 1974.  The point is, however, that Ralph Gilles designed it.  He is the new head of design.

I loved this line in the article you linked to.

QuoteTime will tell who's right — Chrysler or Charger junkies.

Looks like the Charger Junkies...despite their bluster and indignation, were dead wrong.  They're still selling about 5,500 units a month (the worst month they've ever had on the car).  Sales up to June were over 9,000 units per month.

Dead wrong about what? Our opinions? And isn't dodgecharger.com the place for Charger junkies? You're talking as if we're a third-person reference.

What I still don't quite understand is why Creed himself, after being appointed the '06 Charger's head apologist, said the company wasn't going to bother with two-door cars because they don't sell and then Chrysler produced the Crossfire. Then, in response to the success of the retro Mustang and the disdain over a four-door Charger, he said Chrysler was not going to get involved in the retro market and shortly thereafter they announced the coming production of a two-door, retro car for '09 called the Challenger. :shruggy: Now, was he purposely feeding us a bunch of spiteful poop or was he the one being fed the poop by his higher-ups and cronies? Somehow I kind of think his bosses were having a little fun watching him bounce around in the frying pan during that two-year period. I'm thinking Creed was the one who always got locked outside the fraternity in his underwear at Yale or Cambridge, wherever he got his yuppie 'education'.

Ghoste

If the new one was the smash hit everyone keeps telling me it is, I don't think they would have bothered with the Challenger.  The Challenger will never sell in the volume of the four door family car just as they never have in the past.  It's existence does however vindicate the people who were offended by the family car Charger.  Trevor Creed was wrong when he claimed no one wanted a two door and his attitude towards the whole affair always offended me as much as the car.

69charger2002

Quote from: Ghoste on August 27, 2008, 03:35:30 AM
If the new one was the smash hit everyone keeps telling me it is, I don't think they would have bothered with the Challenger.  The Challenger will never sell in the volume of the four door family car just as they never have in the past.  It's existence does however vindicate the people who were offended by the family car Charger.  Trevor Creed was wrong when he claimed no one wanted a two door and his attitude towards the whole affair always offended me as much as the car.
that's my beef with the guy. my rant over the charger being 4 doors or 2 at this point 3 years later is a moot one. it's just a car now. hell even my wife is driving one now.. (she didn't want a 2 door challenger for the 2 kids and her to ride in... go figure).. but the way he handled it regardless or if he was told to do so has stuck with me as well.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Bigphil

at least its not as bad as taking a pontiac G6 and putting a GTO emblem on it   :nana:

Orange_Crush

I have no argument with the fact that the guy is a jackass...though I have to wonder how much of it was his own words and how much he was being used as a mouthpiece for the higher-ups.

In any case, Trevor Creed should never have been put in a position where he was head of design based solely on the fact that his forte was designing interiors (which he does EXTREMELY well...he brought Chrysler's interiors into the nineties from the "stack of boxes" look they had before).

Ralph Gilles is a much more approachable and more well-liked individual. 

I just think its funny that everyone's high-fiving each other over Trevor Creed's resignation when the guy who designed the car you all hate so much is going to be taking his place.

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on August 27, 2008, 10:09:14 AM
I have no argument with the fact that the guy is a jackass...though I have to wonder how much of it was his own words and how much he was being used as a mouthpiece for the higher-ups.

Exactly. A question to which we'll never have an answer. At least not a straight answer.

I just think its funny that everyone's high-fiving each other over Trevor Creed's resignation when the guy who designed the car you all hate so much is going to be taking his place.

I never high-five anything/anyone right off the bat. I am always cautiously optimistic and frequently disappointed.

Aero426

I saw a new Pontiac G8 sedan pass me on the freeway on ramp, and kind of liked it.    The styling was aggressive, yet clean.   For some reason, I still really can't accept the new Charger.    The styling is still a "miss" and the name, well, it's still tough to accept a 4 dr Charger.   And PLEEEASE,  enough with those retro "look at me"  decal packages on a four door.

As to the sales success, maybe it's fleets buying them.   Wisconsin State Patrol has several 6 cyl unmarked cars locally.   At least as cop cars with that truck grille they are easy to spot. 

I don't know how much effect it had, but it really seems that since Lutz left, Chrysler styling really lost its way.

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 28, 2008, 09:00:14 AM
I saw a new Pontiac G8 sedan pass me on the freeway on ramp, and kind of liked it.    The styling was aggressive, yet clean.   For some reason, I still really can't accept the new Charger.    The styling is still a "miss" and the name, well, it's still tough to accept a 4 dr Charger.   And PLEEEASE,  enough with those retro "look at me"  decal packages on a four door.

As to the sales success, maybe it's fleets buying them.   Wisconsin State Patrol has several 6 cyl unmarked cars locally.   At least as cop cars with that truck grille they are easy to spot. 

I don't know how much effect it had, but it really seems that since Lutz left, Chrysler styling really lost its way.

and all the gm models look like 4 year old chryslers !!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on August 28, 2008, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 28, 2008, 09:00:14 AM

and all the gm models look like 4 year old chryslers !!

And pretty much everything Ford puts out these days looks like something made by somebody else. Serious identity crisis going on there.

Ponch ®

LOL...you guys gotta be shitting me...still arguing about the 'new' Charger? :smilielol:

I'm just enjoying mine. :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

charge-it

They should have named it Coronet. At least those were available back in the day as a 4 door vehicle. They still could have played up prostituting the R/T and Superbee badges, stripes, colors, and probably no one would have bitched :RantExplode: as loudly as they have about a 4 door Charger... :Twocents: :popcrn:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

skip68

I bet that if the "new" charger body was a 2 door and not the 4 door it would still not be accepted by all of you that are complaining.  I'd also be willing to bet that if the new charger's body was like the 68-70 charger (like the new Challenger) but with 4 doors most of you, myself included, would be waiting in line to get one.  :yesnod:   To me, the look, style and lines of the car is more important than how many doors it has, what motor it has, etc, etc.   Mark my words, If the new Challenger had 2 extra half doors or they found a way to make it 4 doors and still maintain that sweet body it would sell just as many or more.  :yesnod:   You have to be seen in these cars and you want to. SO,  if I had the choice to drive a new charger 4 door with the new body style, OOORRRRRRRRR drive a new charger 4 door with the old 68-70 body style which do you think I'd drive? ? ? :icon_smile_big:  Of course we all know what we would drive.  And I'm spent.  :Twocents:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Blown70

Quote from: charge-it on August 28, 2008, 02:38:17 PM
They should have named it Coronet. At least those were available back in the day as a 4 door vehicle. They still could have played up prostituting the R/T and Superbee badges, stripes, colors, and probably no one would have bitched :RantExplode: as loudly as they have about a 4 door Charger... :Twocents: :popcrn:
:cheers:  My thoughts EXACTLY!!