News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Dodge Charger in Japan

Started by Stormhammer, August 26, 2008, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormhammer

Enjoy ( looks a lot like the one from Deathproof... the hood ornament at least )

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/08/26/event-gt-gt-motegi-super-american-sunday.aspx

Article on Super American Sunday in Japan

69*F5*SE

Charger74

I think that would be alot of fun to take my car when it's done and run some of those race tracks in Japan.  That 68 looks pretty awesome

Charger_Fan

Man, those guys have some sweet lookin' machines at tha show. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

the Japanese Standards for operating a vehicle and registration are far more stringent then what we enjoy here... no dents. open body work not even primer, a 100 + point inspection, they don't even generally allow older cars to be operated. America's standards are pretty lax compared to many countries.
I belive they have relaxed some regs recently for example vehicles were taxed according to their width so in the last year or so japanese vehicles are becoming wider, that had to do with the width of streets over there.. often their export vehicles sold in america are wider and softer then what was sold at home. Lexus vehicles for instance have only recently been introduced in their home market.

moparchris

What the F@#$ is up with that hood ornament on the Charger.  IT'S A FREAKIN' DUCK!!!

Brock Samson

it's the DUCK from the movie Death Proof...  you can buy them on ebay..
pisses us,.. i mean you pureists off but is kind of another inside joke to anyone who knows the movie...
i kind'a like it on that particular Charger... seems to work,.. but that's just my opinion which probably ain't even worth two cents..  :shruggy:

the newer member here 1969deathproof is building a replica,.. and has posted about it a couple times.. i guess it beats another general...
  :eek2:

Brock Samson

i been scouting around trying to find stuff regarding how it's hard for Japanese car folks to keep their older rides legal and found this...
site..

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/category/laurel/

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/article.cgi?section=profiles&article=nissanLaurel1976

Even if your not into japanese cars these are pretty neat, and show alot of similarity with american and aussie muscle...
not all japanese cars are bad cars, just not our style...
here's one of my fav. japanese show cars from '69 the Toyota FX.

Brock Samson

ps: the rear camber on that red larual looks pretty fracked up huh?.  :lol:

SFRT

I  spend a lot of time in Japan, and know a few guys with 'classic muscle' and its no joke how expensive it is. the safety regs are insane, cars have to get certified every year, limited roadway access...import duties, cost of gas..and in Tokyo, a parking spot is upwards of 1000.00 a month. Its a rich guys game. That Charger probably runs the dude 25K $ a year to maintain. plus the original cost of purchase, import and so on.

btw..the 'Rubber Duck' was originally from Convoy, and it was used in Deathproof as a tip of the hat so to speak.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stormhammer

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 26, 2008, 03:01:05 PM
i been scouting around trying to find stuff regarding how it's hard for Japanese car folks to keep their older rides legal and found this...
site..

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/category/laurel/

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/article.cgi?section=profiles&article=nissanLaurel1976

Even if your not into japanese cars these are pretty neat, and show alot of similarity with american and aussie muscle...
not all japanese cars are bad cars, just not our style...
here's one of my fav. japanese show cars from '69 the Toyota FX.

I'm on t hat site... :D

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1980

That's what I'm rolling around in nowadays. It's my 2nd one too.

and no kidding to the being rich part - have you actually SEEN the restorations over there? Japanese restoration and American restoration are two different ballparks. As in Japanese tend to bondo and paint over rust, while here cars are acid dipped and cut and welded to be mint again.

y3chargerrt

69*F5*SE

Khyron

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 26, 2008, 02:38:06 PM

the newer member here 1969deathproof is building a replica,.. and has posted about it a couple times.. i guess it beats another general...

those damn people that make clones are just a bunch of....... wait..... what?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Big Lebowski

You aint kidding. I also heard that in Japan, after 30,000 miles, you HAVE to rebuild your engine? If true, what a load of sushi crap. :hah:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 26, 2008, 02:38:06 PM
it's the DUCK from the movie Death Proof...  you can buy them on ebay..
pisses us,.. i mean you pureists off but is kind of another inside joke to anyone who knows the movie...
i kind'a like it on that particular Charger... seems to work,.. but that's just my opinion which probably ain't even worth two cents..  :shruggy:

:2thumbs: :cheers:

Thank you!! WELL STATED!! At least it wont look like everyone elses....  :icon_smile_big:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Steve P.

I spy a nice looking 64' Dodge post car as well...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida