News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is there a FULL VIN# somewhere stamped on a 2nd gen Charger please?

Started by CB, August 23, 2008, 10:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Quote from: CB on August 23, 2008, 07:07:09 PM
Quote from: BB1 on August 23, 2008, 06:40:41 PM
Have you ever thought about moving to North America?

In a mater of fact, yes, many times, but your government uses one of the hardest immigration policy in the world.  :-\

Just come through are southern border. Believe me, nobodys watching. :rotz: 

You could drive the Charger across and no one would say a word.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RDR838

Quote from: ChargerSG on August 24, 2008, 03:08:06 PM
Same thing here in Sweden, but cars older than 69(68 and back) dont need it. Every Charger i had(never own a 68) i had to have it stamped on the pass framerail, you have to have it heated like hell to stamp it(and it have to be right size on the numbers to). Just idiotic rules that the EU have made up... :RantExplode: Hope it works out for you.

You're right I found something saying cars first registered till 09-30-1969 wouldn't need the stamped VIN. Looks like my inspector was an idiot, too! He even made me install a towing eye that wasn't mandatory until the late seventies...

I would bet these rules would be valid all over the EU, as I said Christian, if I were you, I would just stamp that VIN in myself and/or maybe look for another inspector.

nakita7

Personally, I would tell them, there's the VIN, that's all you get, now what's the problem?

69 rt

CB
I cannot believe the problems you are having just to get a car inspected. Surley these guys are not your friends, or is it that your country is trying to keep these cars from entering?

Stenton

CB

I am going over to the station tomorrow and have a talk with the man in charge.
I'll bring my broadcast sheet, pics of the #'s engine, custom papers of the USA and the Netherlands where the car arrived, invoice of the car, ect and try to explane that Chargers never had a full VIN# stamped on the car.
I hope he's in a good mood and allow me to bring over the Charger.

Keep your fingers crossed for me will ya?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

hemi-hampton

You just need a different Inspector. Another one of those ask 5 different Inspectors get 5 different answers type of thing. Good Luck. LEON.

71gtx

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 23, 2008, 12:39:09 PM
On 3rd gens there is an extra tag hidden down the rear package tray, far driver side rear corner... but still a plate, not on sheetmetal

hud  :scratchchin: there is  vin on a plate on the cowl but not a rear package tray ON 71-74 BODY

VIN IS  the dash the door fenner tag rad broadcastsheet and on a plate on the cowl :icon_smile_big:

Arthu®

This has been a rule in the EU for a long time now, the full VIN number needs to be stamped in the passenger side frame for proper registration. You can try doing it yourself, I did it on a old Jeep that had been in the Netherlands forever, and they inspected it and didn't say anything about correct letters or anything (they are supposed to be a certain type). If you have a real a-hole though he will want to have the correct lettering for it and unless you have a friend with the department who can get you set, I doubt they sell it in any store. I wouldn't know where to get it.

Good luck, in this case it's a stupid law, but it was created for a reason. Namely that there is a standard place to look for a vehicle's identity that can't be easily removed.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

CB

Today I called to the right authorities and this is what I need to do:
stamp in the full VIN# into the frame, bring the Charger over to the approval office (Mercedes-Chrysler head quarters), there they will verify the car with her number, I pay 85 bucks and will receive a certificate which I need to show to the inspector.

But now I am experience some troubles with the old ignition system so I am going to take care of it first.

As you see the calvary hasn't end yet :eek2:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Christian,

that sucks. Hoped to see you in antwerp last weekend at the APOW.
As Christian wrote it before they want to have a VIN stamped in offcially.
But it also differs. My local county inspection gives nothing about it and I don't need to stamp anything into my cars which isn't original.
Good luck in getting it on the road quickly

Regards

Carsten

RD

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 24, 2008, 03:15:55 PM
Just come through are southern border. Believe me, nobodys watching. :rotz:

You could drive the Charger across and no one would say a word.

hell, the americans would give him a thumbs up and tell him to burn some rubber!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 71gtx on August 24, 2008, 11:26:34 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 23, 2008, 12:39:09 PM
On 3rd gens there is an extra tag hidden down the rear package tray, far driver side rear corner... but still a plate, not on sheetmetal

hud  :scratchchin: there is  vin on a plate on the cowl but not a rear package tray ON 71-74 BODY

VIN IS  the dash the door fenner tag rad broadcastsheet and on a plate on the cowl :icon_smile_big:

well mine does... of curse my car is assemblied outside USA and that could be a reason :shruggy: but I THINK somebody found one in that area up there too  :scratchchin:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

WingCharger

Hey, I just read in MCG, there is a full vin under the weatherstripping in the trunk, at least on Coronets! It was on a Hemi R/T Coronet that the first owner put a 383 and Super Bee tags on to save insurance money. :eek2:

Would this be the same for Chargers?

mikepmcs

Quote from: WingCharger on August 27, 2008, 02:29:26 PM
Hey, I just read in MCG, there is a full vin under the weatherstripping in the trunk, at least on Coronets! It was on a Hemi R/T Coronet that the first owner put a 383 and Super Bee tags on to save insurance money. :eek2:

Would this be the same for Chargers?

Sorry WC I believe it's just the last 6 on the trunk for a Charger.(ie: mine says 101771 or something pretty close to that)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?