News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Low beams 68 Charger

Started by MSRacing89, August 20, 2008, 03:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSRacing89

I replaced the foot dimmer and checked the output of both wires from the switch and I get a good signal out of it for low and high beams.  The high beams work at the lights but the low does not(replaced bulbs).  I also do not get a signal at the bulkhead for low beams.  According the diagram it is one wire from the foot dimmer to the bulkhead for the lows, am I looking at a broken wire or is there something else in line that I should be looking at.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Rolling_Thunder

i would suspect the connection at the firewall connector is corroded ?   i would remove the terminals and clean them....    also double check the wire from the dimmer to the bulkhead connector....     was this a recent problem or just an old issue that you're asking about ?

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

MSRacing89

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on August 20, 2008, 06:09:54 PM
i would suspect the connection at the firewall connector is corroded ?   i would remove the terminals and clean them....    also double check the wire from the dimmer to the bulkhead connector....     was this a recent problem or just an old issue that you're asking about ?

Its recent, but I fixed both Blinker and low beam issue.  It was the connection/ plug that disconnects the front lighting system from the bulkhead.  It is a white plug located near the battery. Just needed to be cleaned.  I love when I can fix two problems at once.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: MSRacing89 on August 21, 2008, 03:15:01 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on August 20, 2008, 06:09:54 PM

Its recent, but I fixed both Blinker and low beam issue.  It was the connection/ plug that disconnects the front lighting system from the bulkhead.  It is a white plug located near the battery. Just needed to be cleaned.  I love when I can fix two problems at once.

I love when I can fix problems for free    :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip