News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

August progress on my R/T

Started by SFRT, August 21, 2008, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

starting to look like a car again

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

I suppose every car has one horrible problem..this was mine:

the result of an exploded bsttery sitting in it for years
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

so I ordered a new frame rail from Texas Acres, and it was real nice and complete (except  for the z bar bracket) and with the help of 3 friends, a few dozen clamps and jackstands, plus several hundred measurements, over and over,....

please forgive the welds, it was my attempt, and they ground out nicely.....

replacing the frame rail wasnt really 'hard' it just took 2 days, due to making sure the thing was fitted properly. The inner fender is from AMD.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SFRT

Thanks. This is my first 'resto/mod', and while it will never be a show car, I feel the work is coming out decent, and am really getting into doing as much of it myself as I can. You can do a lot with jackstands, spraycans and patience.
Always Drive Responsibly

Blown70

Type of brake kit did you go with?  LOOKS GREAT  :2thumbs:

SFRT

SSBC full kit. the front where a breeze..the rears..total PITA. but they finally fit. I would NOT recommend getting the 11.25 rears...go with the smaller 10.5 ones. wish I had.

right now im waiting for the engine..the shop says FRIDAY.

Transmission is all rebuilt, many thanks to PASSON, great guy, the parts I got from hiom were excellent.

maybe, if all goes smooth my RT will be able to hangout with my buddies cars soon....

Always Drive Responsibly

69*F5*SE

Looks like things are coming along nicely.  :yesnod:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twenty mike mike

Wow, that's lotsa hard work.  Great job.  :2thumbs:

keepat

CalTracs & Sway bars I like it! :2thumbs: Looks great!
Pat

Death1970Proof

Quote from: SFRT on August 21, 2008, 12:43:52 PM
Thanks. This is my first 'resto/mod', and while it will never be a show car, I feel the work is coming out decent, and am really getting into doing as much of it myself as I can. You can do a lot with jackstands, spraycans and patience.

It really looks good! I have to agree. Thats the way my '70 is being done. While not exactly a resto, I am bringing what was a POS back to life and it will be oh SO much better than I when I started. Get it done ,drive it,and enjoy it!!

:2thumbs:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Joshua

Looks great!
Any other pics of yer pal's orange '70?

SFRT

today was kinda a biggie...finished the brake lines, bled the brakes, feels good...then installed the steering column. Nice to have a rolling chassis again. Used a Camaro proportioning valve, self adjusting....sacrilege! ( I figured since the SSBC master cylinder is basically a GM Corvette type....)

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.