News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unmolested 69 Charger R/T

Started by charger_lady, May 31, 2007, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan T

I have a few pics of a '69 Hemi Charger at car show which was held at Islington Chrysler in 1984. It was put on by one of the Toronto Mopar clubs back in the '80's. I know the car was Orange with a black roof. Whether or not it was original who knows, but I believe it was. I doubt there was much cloning back then. I remember the plate and when I dig up the photo, I'll try and scan it.

Shakey, as far as getting together, sure no problem, just let me know.

:yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2007, 07:15:04 AMI always liked Ghoste.  :yesnod: Not sure if the feeling is mutual though.  :P

What??  Again the issue of internet communication cuz I had always thought it was the other way around. :-\

There have been topics where we've each expressed an opposing opinion but I don't recall any flames and I'll quickly and publicly apologize for anything I've posted to you that could have been taken that way.  Trust me, I'd be the first guy to buy you a beer Chris.  :cheers:

Dan T

Hey Ghoste,
How's my old beast running??
I grabbed a few pics of her at the 'nats..
Can believe it was so long ago that I had the car.
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Ahhh, okay I guess.  It's tired and I haven't always been kind to her.  If you go to Columbus this year we have to try and get together.  I can likely share a few stories with you that will just make you mad but you know how it goes.
In all honesty Dan, I wanted another 69 but I had new daughter and we were moving to a larger home (and mortgage) so I knew I had to move quick or it might be years before I had another musclecar.  Yours came up and it wasn't what I wanted but the price was right so here I am.  I thought I'd drive it for a few years and get what I lusted for and move the 67 down the line but it grew on me.  I still want, no, NEED another 69 but I don't think I could let this one go so easily anymore and it needs to have some money invested in it extremely soon.  We jsut put in a pool and part of the negotiations for that were that I get to spend a bunch on the 67.  Between the lowest production year, the vinyl top, the disc brakes and the recall steering wheel, do you have any idea how rare that car is?

Dan T

It's funny how things go. I purchased that car for the exact same reason. I wanted a '69, but the '67 came up and I couldn't turn it down. When I bought it back in '90, I was just planning to rebuiild the engine and flip it. Then I held onto it until you bought it, which was, '97 I believe? I do know how rare the car is, which is why it took so long to decide whether I wanted to give it a proper resto or just sell it. Anyway, thought I'd go after what I really wanted, but here we are 10 yrs later and I only just found the car I wanted now.
Anyway, we should catch up. BTW, not sure if you knew all of the particulars, but the car apparently had a black top, and the interior was Bronze/Black. Just thought I'd pass that on, probably increases the rarity factor and I can't remember if you knew all that when I sold it.

Cheers!!

Sorry to all those who may be pissed that we highjacked the thread..
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

I remember seeing that Charger run down the strip at Cayuga a few years back. The owner told us a story how the car was stolen once in Western NY when he was camping....luckily they recovered the car.
Dave 
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

Ghoste,..  what did ya' mean by "The Recall Steering Wheel"?..

Ghoste

"Recall" is a bit of a misnomer but that is what everyone calls it.  A more accurate description would be late release.  Anyway, the story goes that after the 67 brochures were printed up, Ralph Nader went nuts after seeing what Chrysler proposed for it's woodgrain steering wheel option.  Some say he was alarmed about the flipper levers that were to be used for operating the horn and some say he didn't like the structural integrity of the thing fearing driver impalment in a collision.  Some say Nader had nothing to do with it at all and that it was just a late release.  In any case, woodgrain wheels were not available until late in the model year and when they were released, they were not promoted by the dealers at all.  Therefore, they are extremely rare.  I have been offered 1000 clams for mine at more than a couple of car shows.  ::)

I have a crappy pic of mine but I'm trying to find a better one.

Ghoste

Here is the crappy pic.  The horn buton is silver on all of them and then it has either the Plymouth arrow shaped logo or the Dodge delta symbol in the center.  If you picture slender bars in the space between the spokes, that would be the horn activators for the version shown in the brochures.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I thought the wheel was recalled because of the potential of getting some extremities chopped off by the sharp spokes????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

The spokes aren't sharp but I have also heard a version of the story that there was concern about having your fingers dangling around in that space and getting your hand stuck while trying to turn or losing fingers if they were in there during a collision.  There seem to be a few variations of the story and no real confirmation from Chrysler.

Brock Samson

never heard of it,..
funny how big around and thin the things are,..  seems riduculous especially with P.S.    :icon_smile_wink: one finger wheels these tanks around like a feather, i belive the term is "Over assitted".   :yesnod:
i guess the tuff wheel is the first modern style....

sorry i digress..  :-\

charger_lady

OK...I'm stealing my thread back here guys...hahahaha  :yesnod:

The guy was asking $200,000 US when I first posted last year...he still has it!!!!
He was at Moparfest this year and had his Dart up for sale:

If you look to the left of this next pic you can see he has a pic of the Charger & he now wants $149,000 OBO

tan top

Quote from: charger_lady on August 29, 2008, 03:25:30 PM
OK...I'm stealing my thread back here guys...hahahaha  :yesnod:

The guy was asking $200,000 US when I first posted last year...he still has it!!!!
He was at Moparfest this year and had his Dart up for sale:

If you look to the left of this next pic you can see he has a pic of the Charger & he now wants $149,000 OBO

:drool5:  awesome  sure would love to have them    :'(   
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WingCharger

I like the wheel and tire size. Are those stock?

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks like he'll have that one still next year as well :rotz:

PS----still no 68 registry either :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T