News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member -- Help with HLPAG.

Started by jb666, August 20, 2008, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on September 25, 2008, 07:21:32 PM
I meant the front suspension mostly. Bushings,ball joints etc.

Me too.. We replaced it all. The ball joints were all cleaned up and PAINTED, nothing was new, it just looked it. All of the bushings were either shot or missing.

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on September 25, 2008, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: The70RT on September 25, 2008, 07:21:32 PM
I meant the front suspension mostly. Bushings,ball joints etc.

Me too.. We replaced it all. The ball joints were all cleaned up and PAINTED, nothing was new, it just looked it. All of the bushings were either shot or missing.

What a bitch  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

The General comes home on Monday, FINALLY!!!!!! The last thing is the alignment, which is first thing Monday morning!!

You know the story of what had to be done to this car.. It was quite extensive, the worst being how the gas tank was hooked up(and I use the term mildly). The return line was run INTO MY TRUNK. The seal between the filler tube and tank was gone. The sending unit was missing/plugged, and to top it all off, this brand new tank was about to puncture in about 10 spots because of how it was secured and the welds they left behind after putting the new trunk in..

Check out the tank:

On to the "good" pictures..

Why would anyone wetsand/buff a car and not clean up the compound left behind??

Parked outside this afternoon next to my truck..

And another angle outside my buddy's shop.

CB

sweet ride you got! (jealous on the MSD set up :drool5: )
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jb666

Quote from: CB on September 27, 2008, 06:41:07 PM
CB

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.  :cheers:

Big_John

jb666

Quote from: Big_John on September 27, 2008, 07:54:32 PM
Hey Jeff!!

The car looks great!  :cheers:

JOHN!! You are the one I should be thanking.. You "introduced" me to this forum, who in turn steered me towards the car I now own.. Thanks!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I never thought I'd say this (and don't take this the wrong way) but I'm loving the Mopar world!! This car has been a BLAST to work on the past few weeks.. I'm looking forward to gutting the interior this winter!!

Big_John

Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2008, 08:19:17 PM
Hey Jeff!!

JOHN!! You are the one I should be thanking.. You "introduced" me to this forum, who in turn steered me towards the car I now own.. Thanks!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I never thought I'd say this (and don't take this the wrong way) but I'm loving the Mopar world!! This car has been a BLAST to work on the past few weeks.. I'm looking forward to gutting the interior this winter!!

Yep, I figured you would like the Mopars once you got into it.

If you think Mopars are fun to work on.. wait until you start driving it. You'll be grinning ear to ear.

jb666

Quote from: Big_John on September 27, 2008, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2008, 08:19:17 PM
Hey Jeff!!

Yep, I figured you would like the Mopars once you got into it.

If you think Mopars are fun to work on.. wait until you start driving it. You'll be grinning ear to ear.

Well, my grin turned into horror the first time I pulled out of my driveway to find I had no brakes.

I keep looking at the pictures thinking "Wow, this is really mine".. Once it's back in my garage I'll be all set and will just sleep in the garage.  This is most definitely a dream come true..

The Z06 is still in my possession (in storage), but I think I'll either let the wife use it next year or I'll dump it. I have NO DESIRE to drive that ever again!!!

General_01

Looking very nice.  :2thumbs:

You will have to let us know how those Edelbrock shocks ride. I am thinking about getting a set for my '71 Charger. :scratchchin:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

472 R/T SE

CB

Yeah, nothing like knowing it's gonna start on the first try.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 18, 2008, 09:19:53 PM

What kind of work did the valve covers need? 

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 27, 2008, 11:10:49 PM
CB

Yeah, nothing like knowing it's gonna start on the first try.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 18, 2008, 09:19:53 PM

What kind of work did the valve covers need? 

I apologize, I never saw that question.

We modded the covers using a method that a local Mopar guy suggested.. While it might be a "hack" method, it worked and all polished up the covers look like they came that way.

Where each rocker was hitting it left a nice little mark/dent on the cover. We simply heated that area up and pressed a trailer ball against it, enough to go out about 1/4". It worked PERFECTLY, and best of all, it was free. The way the motor is crammed into the engine bay it's barely noticeable unless you have your face down there staring at it.

jb666

Things have gone from bad to worse. I bought it to the local tube chassis shop to have a 6 point cage installed. He called me this morning to tell me that I needed both rear frame rails.

Get this.. The company that built these used FIBERGLASS to make the frame look solid.. They made sure they were smooth and undercoated the hell out of them...  :brickwall:

Good thing I wasn't driving this car, because if I got nailed in the back the car would have crumbled..

:eek2:

SeattleCharger

:popcrn:   have enjoyed reading the entire thread, sweet G/L and hemi   :2thumbs:

sorry to hear about this last problem, hopefully its the last thing      that car must be fun to drive

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

472 R/T SE

What a bunch of ca ca.  I initially thought you made your own bed since you looked at the car but to me this is obvious someone was trying to hide something.  Possibly need to figure out who did the hiding, the previous owner or the shop?  Or both.

Surely sick dawg has seen how members' get crucified around here after shafting other folks?  :shruggy:

jb666

I don't really blame him though.. He sunk a small fortune into this car and I'm sure was very discouraged.. Brian's a nice guy, who I think was just eager to unload this car..I would hate to see him get crucified..

I would have liked to know some of these things though, before driving so far to pick the car up.. And there was no way I was going home with an empty trailer..

I love the car.. I just want to be able to enjoy it a little bit.. And yeah, you're right, a huge part of this is my fault.. I HAD to have this car, and nothing was getting in my way..

jb666

One thing that made me laugh about this build .. The seats were always a bit wobbly and I was wondering why.. They were "stacked up" on two lug nuts PER CORNER  :lol:

I couldn't believe it!!

1968Coronet500

You said were absolutely serious about buying a restored '68 Charger and made me an offer on my car even though I wasn't sure if I was selling it. Qoute, "well id go as high as $40,000. My offer is legit, let me know how it works out."

Unfortunately your budget may have dictated what you really had to spend for a car that will need at least that amount to restore it.  Lesson be learned.

jb666

Quote from: 1968Coronet500 on November 17, 2008, 01:55:20 AM
You said were absolutely serious about buying a restored '68 Charger and made me an offer on my car even though I wasn't sure if I was selling it. Qoute, "well id go as high as $40,000. My offer is legit, let me know how it works out."

Unfortunately your budget may have dictated what you really had to spend for a car that will need at least that amount to restore it.  Lesson be learned.
not sure what this has to do with anything, but thanks for telling me what I have for money.

My budget(according to you) has not dictated anything, and if you think it'll take the same amount that I paid for it to "restore" it then you're way off base.

Yes, this was a lesson learned, but definitely not for the reasons you stated.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This thread locked per the original poster's request.

Please post comments on his other thread....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50620.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T