News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member -- Help with HLPAG.

Started by jb666, August 20, 2008, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

We sold our GL replica, but I owned it from 2001-2008. I took it to cruise nights quite a bit in that time and I can tell you that kids, teenagers, and adults were always looking at the GL and taking pics of them with it. We would also have people taking pics on the freeways and highways(some almost running me off the road while they did it). EVERYBODY wanted to hear the horn. If you get a GL, prepare for attention like never before. :yesnod:

And my car was not a show quality car. It was a driver. That is the only reason I did not go crazy with everybody being around, on, and in the car. Like MikeD stated, the usual rules of etiqute around show cars is thrown out the window when it comes to the General. Everybody treats it like it is their car. I had a dad who was leaning on my fender with both elbows looking at my engine while his kid, who was shorter than the door, pulled himself up by the top of the door so he could see inside. When I told the kid not to do that, his dad looked at me like I had no right to say anything. ::)

Again, prepare yourself and good luck with your GL search.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Well guys, I took your advice and have spent hours on the phone with Sickdawg.. The wife and I are driving down to get his baby (hopefully) this weekend!!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

jb666

Well, I DID IT!!

Last weekend the wife and I drove down to Maryland and met up with SickDawg. We took the car home and haven't looked back since.. What a car!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

At first, when you guys suggested it, it was more then I wanted to spend.. Then I thought "472 Hemi? Brand new?! Am I crazy!?" and I made it happen..  It's definitely a dream come true... Instead of a nightmare had I dealt with HLPAG..  :o

Here she is, on the way home...

The70RT

Awsome. I glad you got what you wanted. A hemi....yeah I don't blame ya  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Great News! Good for you on realizing your dream.  :2thumbs:
  I wonder the difference the experience would be if you had paid somewhat less for a HALPAG midnight delivery.  :icon_smile_wink:

Now you can enjoy your General with out a load of excuses.

moparstuart

great to hear it all worked out good for you , hemi  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RD

congratulations!!! you know with the purchase of that car, it comes with days and hours of being on this website right? :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

jb666

Quote from: RD on September 05, 2008, 11:48:20 AM
congratulations!!! you know with the purchase of that car, it comes with days and hours of being on this website right? :D
:rofl:I'm prepared!!!!!!! I'm actually looking forward to it!!

Things like a factory radio (Came with a Sony Implode and I want nothing to do with it) and small things here and there I'm hoping this forum will prove invaluable!!!

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on September 05, 2008, 12:09:26 PM

Things like a factory radio (Came with a Sony Implode and I want nothing to do with it) and small things here and there I'm hoping this forum will prove invaluable!!!
any picture of the HEMI ?

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on September 05, 2008, 12:20:07 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 05, 2008, 12:09:26 PM

any picture of the HEMI ?

I've taken a few, but this is the only engine shot I've done so far:

PocketThunder

How cool is that!!!   You come here for help, we advise, you even get set up with another board member and a good deal is made...   :cheers:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

suntech

Congrats !!! I think that was a smart move, to get that car. Looks well built, and .................HEMI :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

jb666

Ohhhhhhhh yeah.. Believe me when I say this, I AM SIKED with this car.... It's surreal to me, because I've waited 28 years to get this car!!!!!!!!!

SnoPro440

That car is sweet.  Congrats on finally getting your GL! 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

jb666

Quote from: mxzx440 on September 05, 2008, 01:06:50 PM

Thank you!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You're going to laugh, but I cleaned my entire garage the other night, and sat on the sofa for over an hour just looking at the car .. Sure, I was on the phone the entire time, but I was just sitting there amazed at what I was finally looking at!!!!  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on September 05, 2008, 01:22:52 PM

You're going to laugh, but I cleaned my entire garage the other night, and sat on the sofa for over an hour just looking at the car .. Sure, I was on the phone the entire time, but I was just sitting there amazed at what I was finally looking at!!!!  :lol:
  10 years later after finish the resto on my 69 runner . I go out to the garage and stare at it amazed it's mine !!  Now with the birdible too I almost wet my self !!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    I know to much info , i'm a giver  :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on September 05, 2008, 01:31:13 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 05, 2008, 01:22:52 PM

10 years later after finish the resto on my 69 runner . I go out to the garage and stare at it amazed it's mine !!  Now with the birdible too I almost wet my self !!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

NICE!!!

Cozmo

Wow JB,
you are my new hero. I wanted a General Lee, this is the best I could do.  :shruggy:

jb666

Cozmo, stop stalking me!!!  :rofl:

BTW, Cozmo's a friend of mine in the real world!!

NHCharger

Quote from: jb666 on September 05, 2008, 02:27:33 PM

With a friend like that, you sure don't need enemies. :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jb666

Quote from: NHCharger on September 05, 2008, 07:59:12 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 05, 2008, 02:27:33 PM

With a friend like that, you sure don't need enemies. :D
He's just messin' around.. I met him through the Corvette Forum.. We bought our cars at the same time and have been friends since.. He likes to give me grief, but he means well  :cheers: