News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member -- Help with HLPAG.

Started by jb666, August 20, 2008, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok, now that I have your attention, I HAVE NOT purchased anything from them yet.. But I was ready... Until tonight, when the wife was digging and found you guys (and a LOAD) of other bad stuff online..

I was about to buy a '69 R/T GL from them that they just finished "restoring".

I've read a few things already, but I need the truth here..

Are these guys crooks?!??!?

:cheers:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

:rofl:

Trust me, I'm not here to be the "ignorant guy" who couldn't do a search, because I did.. I really would like to know if these guys are the joke of the Dodge world.. I come from Vette-land, so I have NO CLUE who I'm dealing with here...

THE COLONEL

Two words.....STAY AWAY!!!!!  Thay are bad news!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

pettyfan43

Quote from: THE COLONEL on August 20, 2008, 06:50:33 PM
Two words.....STAY AWAY!!!!!  Thay are bad news!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Those guys are BAD NEWS.

Ryan

I have never heard anything good about them
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

jb666

Quote from: Ryan on August 20, 2008, 07:19:02 PM
I have never heard anything good about them
And I have yet to READ anything good about them.. It leaves me wondering how they are still in business after all these years?!?! Are so many people eager to buy their dream-cars sight unseen that it keeps these guys afloat??

gers1968rt

You know the saying, there's a sucker born every minute? It just takes a few buyers to keep them going every month.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

skip68

I would not call the cars they sell restored.  :rotz:  :smilielol:   They sell overpriced rust buckets to people that don't have a clue as to what to look for.   :yesnod:   Don't buy a thing from them.   Just keep reading some of the other post here and you will understand.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Thanks guys!! I guess my quest to be in the DodgeCharger owner's group has been set back a bit.  :o

Funny thing is I've asked a million questions, been on the phone with them AT LEAST 30 times and have received tons of photos, inside and out.. I've done everything short of flying out there..

It's funny though, everything I've read, even down to small things like their delivery person, is what I'm being told..

Pistolpete

If you do a search on this site for HLPAG you should see a TON of stories about some of their antics, you may want to search airborne silva (one word?), he is a member here that had one of the worst (recent) experiences. Unlike you he didnt find us until after he bought.

I agree with the rest of the gang - STAY AWAY !!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

suntech

QuoteI come from Vette-land, so I have NO CLUE who I'm dealing with here...

That answered your question about why they still are in buisness right there. You are not alone in vette-land!!!!!

Do your self a favor, and stay clear of those guys. There are a lot of horror stories about their dealings here on the board.
Take your time, and find another car. If you want a GL, one of the guys here is selling a nice one, with Hemi. If it is something else, look around for a while, and you will find somthing down your alley :2thumbs:
BTW: happy hunting :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

jb666

Hey thanks.. You guys are really cool here, and I'm looking forward to spending time here once I finally find the car I want..

And yes, it has to be a General.. Chalk it up to being a kid in the 70's.. It's just something I have to do.

NHCharger

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html

Read this thread. If you still want to buy a Charger from them I will personally come over and bitch-slap you. :slap: :slap: :slap:

Oh, BTW, welcome to the board. :cheers: :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

suntech

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45761.0.html

Here is something for you!!! :2thumbs:
Maybe some more money than HLPAG, but in my opinion a nice deal, if a GL is what you want  :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

jb666

Quote from: NHCharger on August 20, 2008, 07:47:05 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html

Read this thread. If you still want to buy a Charger from them I will personally come over and bitch-slap you. :slap: :slap: :slap:

Oh, BTW, welcome to the board. :cheers: :cheers:
:rofl: :rofl:THANKS!!

I read that thread (and the others) and it left me sitting here like  :o

I guess it's back to the drawing board.. I was just getting SO tired of being jerked around by EBay sellers that I thought it was "safe" to go with a shop like this....

jb666

Quote from: suntech on August 20, 2008, 07:48:17 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45761.0.html

Here is somthing for you!!! :2thumbs:
Maybe some more money than HLPAG, but in my opinion a nice deal, if a GL is what you want  :2thumbs:

Kind of funny, but I emailed him about 15 minutes ago  :2thumbs:

The70RT

They will catch wind of you soon if you keep contacting them.  :lol: I am sure they lurk on here every so often.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on August 20, 2008, 07:53:47 PM
They will catch wind of you soon if you keep contacting them.  :lol: I am sure they lurk on here every so often.

Well, it could always be worse. I could be posting "I bought a car last week from HLPAG......."

:brickwall:

suntech

QuoteKind of funny, but I emailed him about 15 minutes ago

Like i said...................Happy hunting!! If i was shopping for a GL, that would be the one for me..............like his taste in engines  :D :D

jb666

Quote from: suntech on August 20, 2008, 07:58:54 PM
QuoteKind of funny, but I emailed him about 15 minutes ago

Like i said...................Happy hunting!! If i was shopping for a GL, that would be the one for me..............like his taste in engines  :D :D

Yeah, it's definitely a nice ride.. I was really trying to keep my search to >$35k though.

skip68

OOOOPPPPPPSSSS, :wave:  I forgot,  WELCOME TO THE SITE.  :cheers: :wave: :moon:  You don't need a charger to be here, just the love.  :yesnod:  And, you should stick around so you can be brought up to speed on these cars which will help you out when buying one.   Chuck................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

472 R/T SE

I've heard lots of good stuff about Smith Brothers, I'm sure the local GL members could steer you in the right direction as well.

If I were you, I'd be treatin' your wife like a Princess.  She just saved the both of you a ton of grief.

Welcome to the Forum.

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 20, 2008, 08:59:14 PM
I've heard lots of good stuff about Smith Brothers, I'm sure the local GL members could steer you in the right direction as well.

If I were you, I'd be treatin' your wife like a Princess.  She just saved the both of you a ton of grief.

Welcome to the Forum.

Oh man, she loved that one!!!!!!!!!  :smilielol:

Anyways, I guess it's back to the drawing board..

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.