News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

accelerator hookup

Started by rudyjrusa, August 17, 2008, 12:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

anybody have a picture of a thermoquad 4 barrell accelerator cable hookup??  cable is bending too much when i try to place cable onto mount.  not sure what happened - maybe i have something in wrong.  thanks for any help!

GreenMachine

Could you have a 2 barrel bracket?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 17, 2008, 07:22:53 PM
Could you have a 2 barrel bracket?

hi - it is a 4 barrel - came with car - not sure if carb is changed - i sent it out to be refurb.

John_Kunkel

I don't know about the cable but the slotted flat bar should be on the carburetor side of of the rear rod, not on the outside.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

acelondon

thats the same exact setup as my charger, 2bbl. Not sure if they are different, but something to look into. BTW, that slotted bar is in teh wrong place, check the pic above. Good Call John!

histoy

With the straight style slotted bar you have, you'll have to hook it up like you have it now.   You would need a slotted bar that has an angle bend in the middle to hook it up to the inside.   I converted my 383 2 barrel carb to a 4 barrel and have the straight bar in the same position as yours shown, and it works fine.  I did have to add an extender piece about 3/4" long to connect the throttle cable to the normal carb mount position.   The 2 barrel cable was just a little too short.   You may have to do the same thing.