News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DYNAMAT???

Started by Tarzan, August 20, 2008, 08:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarzan

Im about to buy dynamat for my car. They have some different options, which one should I get?

69 Charger, 440 with headers and flowmaster 3" system. Which would be best? ONLY THE FLOOR FOR NOW!!!

It is REALLY loud and I want to be able to sit in the car without getting a headache.

Please help me out. Would be glad to get the links to summitracing as well.

Which one do YOU use???

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Tarzan on August 20, 2008, 08:37:18 AM
Im about to buy dynamat for my car. They have some different options, which one should I get?

69 Charger, 440 with headers and flowmaster 3" system. Which would be best? ONLY THE FLOOR FOR NOW!!!

It is REALLY loud and I want to be able to sit in the car without getting a headache.

Please help me out. Would be glad to get the links to summitracing as well.

Which one do YOU use???

i installed FATMAT - have not started car - so i am not sure how good it is - it was definitely cheaper that dynamat - i installed FATMAT all over the interior - except the windows of course.

Ryan

dynamat is good stuff, but it is very expencive and there are alternatives that are much cheaper. The biggest help would be to do your trunk and get some sound absorbing foam (also available from dynamat, and other vendors) Put the foam on the floors and on the rear seat divider.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

MNMopar

Do it for a third of the cost! Go to a local Home Depot or Menards and find the stuff in Ductwork section. It's essentially the same stuff just in thinner strips but super cheap comparitively. You will need to get some of the aluminum tape to seal it all up, but if you don't get what you want out of it it is still cheaper. I'm not sure what it is called but you'll know it when you see it.

Tarzan

Everybody I know says that I have to get dynamat.

Which size,serie and how much do I need???

Thanks for helping me out.

Back N Black

Tarzan

What if I wanted to use DYNAMAT? What would I do? Size,how much,which serie etc...

Tarzan

Ryan

I would go to dynamats website and read about their different products. You will need about 100 sq ft to do the floor, firewall, and doors. Dynamat has alot of different products read up and them and you will see what you need. Just expect to pay alot for dynamat, and there are better alternatives for half the price, and I'm not talking about cheep Home Depot garbage. Do a yahoo search for butyl sound deadener comparison and get ready to read.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

terrible one

I used eDead, same concept as FATMAT, cheaper and the same thing. But eDead simply has a sticky backing and uses no heat or anything. Depends on how you look at it. Some may see it as a hassle. I used it for my Cadillac and did the floors, firewall, doors, everything. It made a HUGE difference, both in road noise, as well as reducing creaking and rattles.

Finn

Looks like we're all too cheap for dynamat lol  ;D
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Tarzan on August 25, 2008, 04:45:45 AM
I think im gonna use dynamat. Thats what everybody tells me to get. We only have meters here in Norway, how many of these would I need if I would pick on of these series:

Either:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DYC%2D10455&N=700+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DYC%2D11102&N=700+4294857738+4294921890+4294891681+4294857737+115&autoview=sku

Or:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DYC%2D11103&N=700+115&autoview=sku

I used 3 pk of the Dynamat extreme 10455 in the floor, doors, and everything.
Use dynaliner in the roof 1/2" ;)

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Finn

I didnt think of the roof...*adds to list* :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

defiance

I think im gonna use dynamat. Thats what everybody tells me to get.

Um... everybody except EVERYBODY in this thread!  No flame intended, but why ask for our advice, then ignore it and ask for advice about the product we advised against?? If you want advice about DYNAMAT (all caps like you spelled it), why don't you ask everybody who told you to use it? :D

Seriously, dynamat is a brand name for sound dampening.  There are other products that work just as well and you don't pay as much for the name.  I've worked in the audio industry, competed at a national level, and sold and installed dynamat - and when I went to do my car, I used eDead.  Just as good (better in many reviews I've seen), less expensive.

Tarzan

I will go for the Dynamat extreme 10455 but do I need more than 1 pack, since im only doing the floor????

Dodge Don

Hello, hello?? This mike on  :shruggy: :brickwall:

NorwayCharger

All you need to know about sound damping ;)
Here is some good reading"Sound Deadener Showdown" http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
There is better stuff than Dynamat :popcrn: http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

terrible one

Quote from: defiance on August 25, 2008, 02:27:46 PM
I think im gonna use dynamat. Thats what everybody tells me to get.

Um... everybody except EVERYBODY in this thread!  No flame intended, but why ask for our advice, then ignore it and ask for advice about the product we advised against?? If you want advice about DYNAMAT (all caps like you spelled it), why don't you ask everybody who told you to use it? :D

Seriously, dynamat is a brand name for sound dampening.  There are other products that work just as well and you don't pay as much for the name.  I've worked in the audio industry, competed at a national level, and sold and installed dynamat - and when I went to do my car, I used eDead.  Just as good (better in many reviews I've seen), less expensive.

Woo! Another eDead user! Haha. No one I had talked to yet had heard of it.

defiance

I'm actually a big fan of elemental in general.  This is going in the charger:

and I've got their old gorgeous flat cones in the "other" car (wrx):

terrible one

Quote from: defiance on August 28, 2008, 08:00:53 AM
I'm actually a big fan of elemental in general.  This is going in the charger:

and I've got their old gorgeous flat cones in the "other" car (wrx):

Beautiful! The same guy that introduced my to eDead is a big ED fan, and has a couple of their subs. They are definitely QUALITY. I don't think they get enough credit.

19charger72

Quote from: terrible one on August 25, 2008, 12:59:33 AM

I used eDead, same concept as FATMAT, cheaper and the same thing. But eDead simply has a sticky backing and uses no heat or anything. Depends on how you look at it. Some may see it as a hassle. I used it for my Cadillac and did the floors, firewall, doors, everything. It made a HUGE difference, both in road noise, as well as reducing creaking and rattles.

What kind of edead material did you use? I went to their website and the have different types spray and roll on, peel and stick kind etc. And how much did you have to use to do your whole car?

Thanks

A.K.

defiance

I did my '72 - all floorboards, back deck, doors, trunk - with combination of v1se (100sqft), v1 (40sqft), and v3 (2 gal).  I used v1se for the floorboard, back deck, and trunk, then v1 for the door panels and other "tight" panels, and v3 where I couldn't get to or couldn't fit lay-on deadener.  Then I still had quite a bit of v3 left so I painted a layer over much of the v1/v1se.
This was actually in '05, though, so I'm not sure if the nature of the products has changed any.

mauibarber

I used B-Quiet ultimate on my charger.  It got rated as good as dynamat for 1/3 the price on multiple sites and magazines.  You can find it on ebay.  Its great stuff.
-Alex

Tarzan

Will the Dynamat extreme 10455 (0.67) be thick enough for the floor? Should I do something more or is that enough? No liquid or other things before the extreme?

And 1 pack is enough for the floor?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DYC-10455&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Really want to make the order now!!!

tomdroptop

Used the Xtreme on my roof & Dynomat is the way to go. No substitute

ps used it on the floors also & plan on it for the doors & trunk!

SFRT

I'm using Hushmat because...well..I got like 30 sheets of it for free from a buddy of mine that puts out a 'Kustom Kar' magazine. Got sent for him to review by Hushmat, and since he's got no car to use it in..I will,  and review the hell out of it.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

defiance

Quote from: tomdroptop on September 13, 2008, 12:52:07 AM

So you've used the others, and have a basis to make that statement?  And your evaluation should be regarded above the objective evaluations and tests referenced in this thread showing other, less expensive brands performing significantly better because...?
Dynamat is good stuff.  Just not the best, and I have to disagree on the"no substitute" thing.

tomdroptop

Quote from: defiance on September 14, 2008, 10:54:28 AM
Quote from: tomdroptop on September 13, 2008, 12:52:07 AM

So you've used the others, and have a basis to make that statement?  And your evaluation should be regarded above the objective evaluations and tests referenced in this thread showing other, less expensive brands performing significantly better because...?
Dynamat is good stuff.  Just not the best, and I have to disagree on the"no substitute" thing.
Actually I have used several others including RoadblockR & Hushmat. If you choose the lower priced items and you like it then great. I (as stated above) prefer Dynomat & the Xtreme is excellent for my roof. As for your mentioning that you disagree well opinions are like a-holes everyones got one. Yer entitled to yers & I am certainly entitled to mine. I am not a dealer nor will I prob ever benefit financially from using dynomat but if someone is asking by all means I am not afraid to say Dynomat is the way to go. No substitute,. It's an opionion  ::)

defiance

I'm just saying that "no substitute" implies that no other products perform the same task effectively- which would be factually incorrect, as is proven in the multiple objective tests referenced in this thread.

tomdroptop

I'm just giving my opinion when someone asks for it
Thats what you do with opinions ya give them. :popcrn: