News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash padding

Started by Paul 500, October 05, 2008, 02:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

Has anyone repaired theirs, what did you use & did it hold.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Ghoste

I think the best repair is to send it to Just Dashes and pay to have it redone.  Unfortunately that paying part will have to be done through the nose.

Paul 500

Yeah i know about the paying through the nose, i had them do a dash pad for my 68, by the time i got it to England it cost me $1000. (core charge, cost to do it, shipping & our greedy money grabbing goverments tax they call duty)
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

GeneralLeeTESH

Just use 3M contact spray adhesive and cover it with vinyl yourself !!!
The TESH

MellowCharger

Is this the piece that runs along the lower dash? I didn't know just dashes refurbed them?
68 440 R/T
08 Ford GT
66 Sting Ray 427 Coupe
68 Corvette Rdstr
67 Mustang 390GT Fastback

Paul 500

None of the pieces need recovering, they've just come away from the metal. Just wondered what glue other people used
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Ghoste

Quote from: MellowCharger on October 09, 2008, 06:48:49 AM
Is this the piece that runs along the lower dash? I didn't know just dashes refurbed them?
If you are willing to pay for the process they will strip your old core and replace it with new closed cell foam and apply new vinyl to that.  It isn't cheap though.

Ryan

I had an extra pad I was messing with one day that the edges were peeling on. You can use some good epoxy on the back and use tape to hold the shape of the vinyl. Once its dry take the tape off. It works pretty well.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Dodge Don

Yes they are expensive but Just Dashes does the best work out there as far as I'm concerned.