News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Steering Column Question

Started by RAC95054, September 17, 2008, 06:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAC95054

Did the '69 cars come with the crash safety columns (I'm pretty sure they did... see attached picture), or were they a solid outside metal sleeve?  If the former, does anyone reproduce the thin plastic wrap that covers the crush area?  And is that sleeve black only, or does it match the color of the column?  Thanks!

-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Winged 1

;)
Black only on the sleeve. You could paint it but no one will ever see it. What is pictured is what comes in 68 and 69 with both having the crushable screen.
Eric

RAC95054

Quote from: Winged 1 on September 17, 2008, 06:42:47 PM
;)
Black only on the sleeve. You could paint it but no one will ever see it. What is pictured is what comes in 68 and 69 with both having the crushable screen.
Eric

Thanks, Eric.  Now, do you (or anyone else) happen to know if anyone reproduces that plastic sleeve?

Winged 1

;)
No one that I know of, but any of the dodge bone yards should be able to help. Might try dropping a line here in the wanted section.
Eric

Winged 1

;)
One of the gyes on here goes by Mopar Sal might be able to help. If you cant find him let me know thru email and I will forward his info.
Eric

RAC95054

Quote from: Winged 1 on September 17, 2008, 10:15:57 PM
;)
One of the gyes on here goes by Mopar Sal might be able to help. If you cant find him let me know thru email and I will forward his info.
Eric

Thanks again, Eric.  I couldn't find Mopar Sal in a search (lots of "Mopar Sale" items came up), so I also sent you an email about this.  -Russ

Winged 1

bricklayer

Rac where did you get the restored column at thanks tom

RAC95054

Quote from: bricklayer on September 20, 2008, 08:32:21 PM
Rac where did you get the restored column at thanks tom

Actually, that's not my column.  I just took a pick off eBay for a reference of what I was talking about (the plastic sleeve missing over the "woven" crush safety area of the column, that is).

bricklayer

NMike

that is a 70 colum. 69 doesn't have a lock cylinder on it.