News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mini starter install

Started by 69chargerR/T, August 03, 2008, 07:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

I installed a mini starter this weekend in my 69 charger with a 440 and hooker comp headers. A while back I asked how this starter fits with headers, and now I can say it fits great :2thumbs: I had no clearance problems with my hooker comp headers :2thumbs: It was a bitch pulling the header to put the starter in but, the starter works great and it spins the motor over much faster than the stock starter and it sounds better than the old stock starter sound :2thumbs: I think it was definitely worth it to put the mini starter in instead of the stock starter :2thumbs: I want to thank all the guys who replied to my questions about the mini starter and how it fit :2thumbs: You guys are great, I'm very happy with the mini starter :2thumbs:  Again thanks a lot guys, Alan

RD

your not happy are you? if so, couldnt tell hehehehe

dont think i helped you but congrats anyway.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

oldschool

if you are happy,im happy. mini starters are the deal...... :cheers:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

dstryr

What starter did you end up buying?  I'll be needing one soon.
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

69chargerR/T

Quote from: dstryr on August 15, 2008, 11:45:43 AM

I got a starter for a 95 dodge 1500 pickup with a 5.9 from auto zone, good price and fit great :2thumbs: Alan

grdprx

terrible one

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on August 15, 2008, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: dstryr on August 15, 2008, 11:45:43 AM

I got a starter for a 95 dodge 1500 pickup with a 5.9 from auto zone, good price and fit great :2thumbs: Alan

How much was it?

69chargerR/T

Bolted in with no problems, You do have to take off the plastic wire connector extension and bolt the wire directly to the starter. It cost me $79.00 from auto zone and it has a life time warranty :2thumbs: Alan 

terrible one

Well, that beats the price of any other mini starter I've seen. Count me in! Thanks! :2thumbs: