News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's Hear Your Junkyard Horror/Stupidity Stories

Started by 69DodgeCharger, August 16, 2008, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

This came up on another forum I frequent. Why are junkyard owners so lazy and stupid? Wouldn't it be better to make a $1,000 in parts on the car and then still get the same amount from the crusher rather than be an idiot and refuse to sell parts, or price them so high you can just buy a parts car for the same or less. I never understood these "people" There are two yards local to me that were once a goldmine in parts....and still have a lot of good stuff, but they won't sell it, or it is way overpriced. Just for amusement let's hear your "experiences"
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

69DodgeCharger

68-70 Charger rear window chrome $300 (fall 2000)
71 Challenger bucket seats $500 (spring '03)
Gauge cluster $300 (spring '04) pretty rough shape
dash trim for 68 Charger complete 5 pc. set $200 (spring '06)
68-70 center console with shifter $500 (spring '03")

And the list goes on and on. Thes cars are still sitting right in there exact same location with not a single part removed from them in the last 10-15 years as near as I can tell. Here's a direct quote:

Them boys from Canada will pay a lot more than that for that stuff. Them Mopars is hard to come by"

moparstuart

i'm the ass hole junk yard owner  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  not really but it is a buiness and you have to feed your family and my expensive hobby !!  :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rusty lee

Does working for  a junkyard for 5 years count as a horror story.  it wasn't all bad my boss had lots of old mopars but he did price them like they were gold. somebody will pay it and they do.

69rtse4spd

Years ago place up in FT. WAYNE, had alot of MOPARS. He had CHARGERS,CUDAS, DARTS, and cop cars, stopped in years later to get some stuff and he said he crushed all them. He said they were worth more in scrap. :'(

69DodgeCharger

"He said they were worth more in scrap."

Translation:

1. I'm to lazy to go out and pull the parts.
2. We don't let anybody out in the yard
3. I'd have to have 3-4 times more than the actual market value.
4. I like the power of having something you want and making you jump through hoops to get it
5. I'm too cheap to pay anybody to pull the parts.
6. We dont have any of those. (Even though you're looking through the fence right at it)....See #1
7. I'll have to go look at it first....Again see #1
8. That's already been bought/spoken for (even though it hasn't been touched in 20 years)....See #1
9. That's one of them rare redline, hemi, magnum, 6 Pac, commando cop motors.......big money
10. You got a nicer truck than me so you must have money