News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have or plan on buying an 09 Challenger with 3.5L

Started by DodgeChargerNeeded, August 15, 2008, 10:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DodgeChargerNeeded

The local dodge dealer here has 2 of them in stock, 1 black, 1 TorRed. Both base model with sticker price of $22k. I would love to have one. Anyone here get one yet or plan to anytime soon. I would like some feedback.
Jeff

E5 Charger

You have 09s already. I asked up here in Winnipeg, Canada and was told they wouldn't be out until spring. I want one really bad, but probably have to wait a year. Did you take any pics?

hotrod98

A friend tried to order one a couple of weeks ago and he was told that they wouldn't be available until after the first of the year.  :shruggy:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

68charger383

The 09 Challenger should have hit production in July.

I don't know about buying the 3.5, its kind of like buying a 318 car back in 70. At least get the R/T model.  The difference is only 2 MPG.  :Twocents:

Per AllPar: http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
The Challenger R/T can do 0-60 in under six seconds, bone stock. MPG is 16 mpg city, 23 highway (automatic; the manual transmission drops down to 15 city, 23 highway due to the loss of MDS, and requires premium rather than midgrade gas). The Challenger SE is rated at 18/25.

Chrysler is revving up their production plans from 35,000 Challengers to 50,000 for 2009

Challenger convertibles are rumored to be added in the 2010 model year, with production possibly starting in the first half of 2009
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

DodgeChargerNeeded

I couldn't believe they had 2 of them either. Sitting right out front ready to be bought. Sorry no pictures. Do a search on www.dodge.com for local dealers it shows new inventory.
Jeff

KMPX2

Quote from: 68charger383 on August 15, 2008, 11:44:55 PM
The 09 Challenger should have hit production in July.

I don't know about buying the 3.5, its kind of like buying a 318 car back in 70. At least get the R/T model.  The difference is only 2 MPG:Twocents:

Per AllPar: http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
The Challenger R/T can do 0-60 in under six seconds, bone stock. MPG is 16 mpg city, 23 highway (automatic; the manual transmission drops down to 15 city, 23 highway due to the loss of MDS, and requires premium rather than midgrade gas). The Challenger SE is rated at 18/25.

Chrysler is revving up their production plans from 35,000 Challengers to 50,000 for 2009

Challenger convertibles are rumored to be added in the 2010 model year, with production possibly starting in the first half of 2009

Don't forget about the 8K price difference

twenty mike mike

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on August 15, 2008, 10:40:42 PM
Anyone here get one yet or plan to anytime soon.

Not until they make it with the proper number of pedals.

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

hotrod98

We're waiting for the limelight color to be available. Then it's an R/T with the 20" wheels and R/T side stripe.

Charles Addams

FLG

Hope to eventually get a 09 model as soon as my daily driver finally kills itself (95 nissan pathfinder, so it might be awhile)...6.1 Hemi  :D

Back N Black

With the 3.5L you will have Honda's blowing the doors of you Chally.  :eek2:

dfsmopars

I am seriously considering buying the SE with some aesthetic upgrades. I have plenty of power in a LS1 Firehawk, I have super cool with a '72 Charger so all my wife and I want is a good looking Challenger for a daily driver. We are waiting to look at the SEs when they come out, which sounds like they already are. Here is my fix for speed I just need to the Challenger for looks.

Brock Samson

I plan on checking all the models out, at some point,.. i'm most curious about the v-6 with a stick,.. i'm hoping it'll be significantly lighter then the srt/8 with a favorable power to weight ratio,.. i allready have an earlier version of that 3.5 HO motor in my Chrysler, and really like it alot... I've eaten up alot of V-8s with it.
  I'm still a ways away from replacing my M, so we'll see, by the time i'm actually ready to retire it there may very well be some other attractive options.

hotrod98

I miss my LT1 1994 Firehawk. Traded it for a restored 79 T/A. Still have the 79.

Charles Addams

drodg

Quote from: Back N Black on August 16, 2008, 07:09:21 PM
With the 3.5L you will have Honda's blowing the doors of you Chally.  :eek2:

I drove one yesterday and I would beg to differ.  The 3.5 is a great engine and has plenty of power.

dfsmopars

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 16, 2008, 09:06:02 PM
I miss my LT1 1994 Firehawk. Traded it for a restored 79 T/A. Still have the 79.

Sometimes I debate selling my Firehawk for a nicer Challenger than what I am thinking about but I just can't seem to approve myself doing it. I'm afraid, like you  I'll miss it.

Todd Wilson

If they made a 4 door version I would buy one........

Todd

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 17, 2008, 11:56:29 AM
If they made a 4 door version I would buy one........

Todd

:scared:  Shhhhhhhh.... don't give them any ideas! jk lol

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Badbob

after blowing the doors off an 08 srt8 with my coronet I would be buying a Chally for a cruiser, as in US hwy 1. I'll wait for my B5 R/T ragtop in 2010. 60's iron still rules the street.

oldgold69

my brother law says the dodge dealer in menomonee falls wisconsin has two challengers sitting in front of it for two weeks now.  i just thought they were the limited production ones so i never went to see them.

Sinister68

I think some of the dealers are smoking too much crack.  :flame: Picture courtesy of deserthorizons on cuda-challenger.com...
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Sinister68 on August 17, 2008, 09:52:38 PM
I think some of the dealers are smoking too much crack.  :flame: Picture courtesy of deserthorizons on cuda-challenger.com...

dude that is nothing the one that sold at the dealership where I bought my charger went for $50,000.  Another one we saw the sticker for was $46,000. 

I would love the new chally any size engine.  (I have a 3.5 in my charger).  I am gonna try and talk hubby into trading my charger in next year.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Mopar2Ya

These guys claim to sell Chally SRT8's at MSRP or less, not sure about other models. http://www.championautomall.com/site/
A lot of other forum members have bought SRT's off them.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8