News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heres a Charger with a Kickass Motor

Started by G-man, July 02, 2008, 02:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Pretty dang rare. There was one at Carlisle last year that I had to keep visiting.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

WingCharger

Dont talk bad about the slant six! Great gas mileage, and enough power to blow a few ricers away with it.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

rare Charger if its a factory slant six :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

G-man

Quote from: WingCharger on July 02, 2008, 07:20:34 AM
Dont talk bad about the slant six! Great gas mileage, and enough power to blow a few ricers away with it.

I didnt think a 225 could even move a massive charger... a 440ci charger from the factory barely keeps up with Skylines/Supras that are TT from the factory, 225 smoking them... maybe out of the box civics, not the performance cars like 200SX's Skylines, Supras, Rx7s.

Sure it may be a rare motor, but to call it a kickass engine, I woulda thought it was a 426 hemi  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Troy

Quote from: G-man on July 02, 2008, 07:04:01 PM

I didnt think a 225 could even move a massive charger... a 440ci charger from the factory barely keeps up with Skylines/Supras that are TT from the factory, 225 smoking them... maybe out of the box civics, not the performance cars like 200SX's Skylines, Supras, Rx7s.

Sure it may be a rare motor, but to call it a kickass engine, I woulda thought it was a 426 hemi  :icon_smile_blackeye:
He said "a few ricers" - I didn't see any mention of Skylines or Supras. Besides, most big block Chargers would have a hard time with them so those wouldn't be counted in "a few". I can't tell you the last time I saw a Skyline on the street though (probably never?). On the other hand, I had no problems outrunning "a few ricers" in my 318 Barracuda with over 100k miles on it. and my 318 Charger and 318 Challenger in high school didn't have many problems with too much else. It just depends on what has been done (to any car) and the driver's skill.

Yes, a slant six will move a Charger. No, it isn't "fast" - unless you count some of the Aussie Chargers. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

G-man

Quote from: Troy on July 02, 2008, 09:38:39 PM

Sure it may be a rare motor, but to call it a kickass engine, I woulda thought it was a 426 hemiĀ  :icon_smile_blackeye:
He said "a few ricers" - I didn't see any mention of Skylines or Supras. Besides, most big block Chargers would have a hard time with them so those wouldn't be counted in "a few". I can't tell you the last time I saw a Skyline on the street though (probably never?). On the other hand, I had no problems outrunning "a few ricers" in my 318 Barracuda with over 100k miles on it. and my 318 Charger and 318 Challenger in high school didn't have many problems with too much else. It just depends on what has been done (to any car) and the driver's skill.

Yes, a slant six will move a Charger. No, it isn't "fast" - unless you count some of the Aussie Chargers. ;)

Troy

had a 245 slant 6 hemi in my 72 VH Valiant Charger... sold It...  :slap:

Skylines... see them every day in sydney... supras/skylines/200sx are very very common down here. Rx7s rare occasions, chargers/challengers, i been alive for 25 years and I have not seen 1 driving past yet. Not even one.

However... i do think a 440ci charger will be faster then out of the box skyline... + they cost like 45 000. Stick 5000 in the engine of the charger to bring it up to same value.... i know who my money would be on :D

bsakal

I'm bringing a '68 slant six Charger to Carlisle!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

redfourjohnd

Hello, this is my first post, I've been lurking for a while. Just did a search for "slant six" and the first result was this thread.

That's my car!

The motor is original. It came with a three speed manual on the floor which is only one of two for 68 (or so I was told). I'm leaving it as is, except I am putting in an A833 overdrive transmission.

My first car was a 69 RT/SE with a 440 and a 3.91 rear. I could barely stand to drive on the freeway with those gears. The 4 speed is going to be my chance to go fast on the freeway comfortably.

To those who say the motor is too small: The car does indeed move down the road. Not as fast as the 440 would push it, but this will be my daily driver. I'll be getting pretty decent mileage too. I'll be having fun.

Why don't you guys think the motor is kickass?  :shruggy: :lol:

Thanks!

John D
First car: 1969 Charger R/T 440 4 barrel 3.91 rear- sold it like a dummy.

Current Mopars:

1968 Charger Slant Six A833 OD
1976 Ramcharger 400 4WD
1962 Valiant 170 2 door post
1962 Valiant 225 Signet
1962 Valiant 225 Signet junker car-but it has a brand new rebuilt 225 in it :-))
1962 Lancer parts car

Hemidog

redfourjohnd

Current Mopars:

1976 Ramcharger 400 4WD
1962 Valiant 225 Signet
1962 Valiant 225 Signet junker car-but it has a brand new rebuilt 225 in it :-))
1962 Lancer parts car

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Just owning a charger is kickass!  :drool5:

Can't wait to own one myself.  :yesnod:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: G-man on July 02, 2008, 10:01:37 PM

had a 245 slant 6 hemi in my 72 VH Valiant Charger... sold It...  :slap:

Not to nitpick, but, the Aussie "6-pack" was not a slant...

Okay, maybe I am nitpicking.  :nana:

Nothing wrong with a slant either. It IS a kick ass engine, too. Maybe not in terms of speed - relatively speaking. But in terms of being bullet proof, it's hard to kill a slant 6. You have to really work at it.

472 R/T SE

Hey John D., welcome to the Forum.

Never mind the naysayers.  Some folks just don't understand their public disdain for what may be another person's pride and joy can sometimes be disheartening.

I say leave it like it is, with those hubcaps it's definitely deceiving.  :Twocents:

Like you said at the end of the video and I wholeheartedly agree, "fu%kin' cool".  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Welcome to the group redfourjohnd and don't worry, many of us do think the slant six is kickass.

tan top

hello & welcome John D  :wave:   :cheers:
  rare charger you have there , would like to see some pictures  & of your old R/T SE if you have any  sometime  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikesbbody

G man, are you forgetting about a thing called "power to weight ratio"? dont forget how light those ricers are and i dont know about "barely keeping up..." but i agree with your other comment 5K in a charger motor makes it a killer, 5k in a ricer does practically nothing  :lol: while i find the slant 6 "interesting" like most of us id prefer a big block  :Twocents: BTW, Welcome John D  :cheers:

BigBlackDodge

The /6 is one of greatest engines of all time. :yesnod:

BBD

redfourjohnd

Thanks for the welcome guys! Best one I've had on a forum.

Its great to hear the love for the slant six too. I hope it does run forever.

I already bought some vectors for it (vintage!)  :2thumbs: The wheels its got on it are way too skinny.

Thanks again guys,

John D

Current Mopars:

1976 Ramcharger 400 4WD
1962 Valiant 225 Signet
1962 Lancer parts car