News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show me some nasty looking wheels on a charger

Started by tripleblkr/t, August 15, 2008, 09:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil1

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on August 15, 2008, 12:00:16 PM
I'll probably go more this route. This is my dads car, I just dont like bfg's tires. Maybe I'll send a set out and have the red lines put into them. My rims would be black like my car.

i would like to see more pics of dad's car    :2thumbs:

THE COLONEL

Here is one of The Colonel in action, and a couple more for ya!!!! :lol: :coolgleamA:

Ha ha...here's one of The Colonel...in flight with some good meat on there.!!! :lol:

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

THE COLONEL

It took me about two years to figure out where that came from.  It is a 69 GTO wing.  I did not like it when I got it the Charger, but I'm used to it now. :slap:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

C500

295/50/15 rears with 245/60/15's upfront. Rears fill wheel well nicely
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Tilar

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on August 15, 2008, 12:30:18 PM
The challenger made me laugh the hardest. 

Add some tractor style lugs on the rear tires and put a hitch on the back, and he'd be ready to go to the field.    :eyes:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

WingCharger

Quote from: Tilar on August 16, 2008, 07:14:48 AM
Quote from: tripleblkr/t on August 15, 2008, 12:30:18 PM
The challenger made me laugh the hardest. 

Add some tractor style lugs on the rear tires and put a hitch on the back, and he'd be ready to go to the field.    :eyes:

:smilielol:

Brock Samson

nas·ty (nst)
adj. nas·ti·er, nas·ti·est
a. Disgustingly dirty.
b. Physically repellent.
2. Morally offensive; indecent. See Synonyms at offensive.
3. Malicious; spiteful: "Will he say nasty things at my funeral?" Ezra Pound.
4. Very unpleasant or annoying: nasty weather; a nasty trick.
5. Painful or dangerous; grave: a nasty accident.
6. Exasperatingly difficult to solve or handle: a nasty puzzle; a nasty problem.
n. pl. nas·ties
One that is nasty: "It is the business of museums to present us with nasties as well as with fine things"

well, you asked...   :shruggy:

C500

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 16, 2008, 02:11:39 PM

nas·ty (nst)
a. Disgustingly dirty.
b. Physically repellent.
6. Exasperatingly difficult to solve or handle: a nasty puzzle; a nasty problem.
n. pl. nas·ties
One that is nasty: "It is the business of museums to present us with nasties as well as with fine things"

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

WingCharger

nas·ty (nst)
a. Disgustingly dirty.
b. Physically repellent.
n. pl. nas·ties

Pimp-Mobile? :shruggy:

tan top

Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 15, 2008, 11:02:29 PM

:o  nice looking 68  :drool5:   ...whats the wheel size  & back space on the front Kiwi  :scratchchin:  any rubbing ???
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Steve P.

Around these parts the wheels on that green 3rd gen. are known as "STAGE COACH" wheels.. There is a boat tail Buick running around here with them that actually looks good... He didn't raise the car to put them on and they fill the wells very nicely. I haven't seen much else I like them on..

:Twocents:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

CharcoalCharger

nas·ty (nst)
a. Disgustingly dirty.
b. Physically repellent.
n. pl. nas·ties

well, you asked... :shruggy:

:nono:    :badidea:

C500

Quote from: tan top on August 16, 2008, 03:13:44 PM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 15, 2008, 11:02:29 PM

:o  nice looking 68  :drool5:   ...whats the wheel size  & back space on the front Kiwi  :scratchchin:  any rubbing ???

thanks for the compliment. The front wheels are 15x8, not 100% sure of backspace sorry - I think it was 4 1/2 inches. Rears are 15x10.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: THE COLONEL on August 15, 2008, 10:30:16 PM
It took me about two years to figure out where that came from.  It is a 69 GTO wing.  I did not like it when I got it the Charger, but I'm used to it now. :slap:
i like it. fits the muscle car image.

QuoteSteve P. Around these parts the wheels on that green 3rd gen. are known as "STAGE COACH" wheels.. There is a boat tail Buick running around here with them that actually looks good... He didn't raise the car to put them on and they fill the wells very nicely. I haven't seen much else I like them on..
Yeah, designed for low-riders, not chargers.

dodgey68

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 15, 2008, 01:59:42 PM
Brother of Mr. Angry's rig.  Dude that built Angry built this car.

Does any one know who's car this is, or what the  rim sizes  and back spacing are on that car, it sits real nice, great stance
thank you
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

oldrock

Lots of cool wheels for sure but for old school look... 15x8 black unique wheels with 255x60x15" TA Radials.

TylerCharger69

Quote from: WingCharger on August 15, 2008, 11:39:55 AM
When I saw these, I knew someday... :coolgleamA:

33 x 21.5 x 15 Mickey Thompsons.
He had to expand the wheel well for clearence:

Isn't that Ron Jenkins' magnum force charger  ('68 to '69 conversion)??

lastoasis

nasty
this is another member's car

Bill Howell

Bill Howell

devilgear

Those 20's and 19's look great on that car...Great job.

mikesbbody

Quote from: lastoasis on August 05, 2009, 08:11:13 PM
nasty
this is another member's car

Who's car is that? do you have a full pic of it?

lisiecki1

Quote from: Bill Howell on August 05, 2009, 09:21:44 PM
275-19 front    295-20 rear

more pics please!  curious about wheel manufacturer, backspacing and other associated modifications to fit so much rubber under that 3rd gen.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Go Hogs Go

17x8 and 18x8 Magnum 500's.
Go Hogs!

Bill Howell

Quote from: lisiecki1 on August 06, 2009, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: Bill Howell on August 05, 2009, 09:21:44 PM
275-19 front    295-20 rear

more pics please!  curious about wheel manufacturer, backspacing and other associated modifications to fit so much rubber under that 3rd gen.

Thanks for asking. Actually I have new rims coming and it will then be 295-18 front and 305-18 rear.
I always use Forgeline wheels. They are three piece and can be custom made to fit any offset you need.
The car is using XVmotorsports Stage II front clip, which allows the huge front rubber.
The rear is their three link setup that does away with the leaf springs and lets you fill up the factory wheel wells. I have not cut any of the original sheetmetal. Just used a BFH in a couple areas. These cars have huge wheelwells, but the way the factory engineered the location of the leaf springs, they waste about 3" of critical real estate. That was eliminated with the three link set up. I would love to have 335s for racing, but I could not justify the expense for that little bit of rubber. Of course, I may change my mind if I get beat too much.
Here are a couple shots of the three link

Bill Howell

MSRacing89

Quote from: dodgey68 on August 05, 2009, 06:52:58 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 15, 2008, 01:59:42 PM
Brother of Mr. Angry's rig.  Dude that built Angry built this car.

Does any one know who's car this is, or what the  rim sizes  and back spacing are on that car, it sits real nice, great stance
thank you

That's my car.  19's in the back and 18's in the front.  You will have to PM me for the specs.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.