News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show me some nasty looking wheels on a charger

Started by tripleblkr/t, August 15, 2008, 09:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripleblkr/t

I want to put some good size meat on the back of my charger to make it look pure evil. So post your nastiest look shots of 69 or 68 chargers with some nasty looking tires on it. I think I'm going with black steel rims or I might even go with something like this with some nice wide ones on the back

tripleblkr/t

I also like this one

chargerboy69

Here is my rear.  :icon_smile_big:

They are 18X10 wheels with 295 45 18 tires. Not much room for more.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

68rt

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 15, 2008, 10:54:24 AM

:2thumbs: looks good

WingCharger

When I saw these, I knew someday... :coolgleamA:

33 x 21.5 x 15 Mickey Thompsons.
He had to expand the wheel well for clearence:

tripleblkr/t

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 15, 2008, 10:54:24 AM

That looks great do you have any side shots of that car?

tripleblkr/t

I found this picture a while ago and thought it looked pretty nasty. I dont think I'd ever tub my car out though.

WingCharger

What does tubbing a car even mean? I have heard it a lot, but I dont own a charger, so I dont know  :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on August 15, 2008, 11:53:19 AM
What does tubbing a car even mean? I have heard it a lot, but I dont own a charger, so I dont know  :icon_smile_big:
DUDE!!!    :brickwall:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tripleblkr/t

I'll probably go more this route. This is my dads car, I just dont like bfg's tires. Maybe I'll send a set out and have the red lines put into them. My rims would be black like my car.

69*F5*SE

Blown70

Means usually making a larger area for the tires..... meaning building a new wheel house (or wheel tub), keep in mind there is mini-tubbing too which you usually just mod the current wheel opening some....... I have a 70 that has a narrowed dana and that allows you to put the HUGE tires like that Magnum force daytona (which I really dont like BTW, and dont know why) :shruggy:

Charger_Fan

Nasty wheels?? You got it! :smilielol:

With a Chally thrown in for good measure. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

WingCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 15, 2008, 11:55:18 AM
DUDE!!!    :brickwall:

I have heard three different explinations in the same damn magazine! Mopar Action ran three stories about mod Mopars with "tubbed wheels well" and each car had something different done to it! :brickwall:
1. Outside is opened more
2. Inside is made taller
3. Back seat removed, expanded
They called all three of those tubbed wheel wells, when just looking they were different. :brickwall:

Anybody got a rough idea on the size the tires in the black photoshop would be in real life? Oh and could i get recall wheels to fit? :lol:

Kevin68N71

I HATE big wheels.  But then again, that is just me.  I vote for that green Super Bee!
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

tripleblkr/t

WingCharger

There is a 69 Camaro running around my town with DUB's, and a couple of Suburbans with DUB's in the trailer park. Those folks have great priorities. :nana:
I didnt notice the side R/T scoop on the green 70 either. :smilielol: It was hiding.

Blown70

someone smooth out the body like down the side of that GREEN 70?  I cannot really see it well? :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Blown70 on August 15, 2008, 12:37:41 PM
someone smooth out the body like down the side of that GREEN 70?  I cannot really see it well? :shruggy:

You mean the car in the back window?   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

JPL

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Blown70 on August 15, 2008, 12:52:39 PM

look at the sides of this thing? :shruggy:
It does look 'well rounded', doesn't it. :P Must have been a Chebby body guy. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

Brother of Mr. Angry's rig.  Dude that built Angry built this car.

Mefirst

325/50-15 in the rear.... Stock rear end....

/Tom