News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm selling my cars.

Started by TheGhost, August 14, 2008, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Yup. I'm broke. Can't afford to keep them, so they gotta go.

On a positive note, I'm moving the Florida next fall, gonna go back to college, get a career.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69charger2002

well that just sucks man
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BB1

Good luck, I know your a smart guy and can make a big mark in the world.   ;)
Delete my profile

The70RT

:'( Sorrt to hear that.  I am sure you will get more someday.......if your a diehard muscle fan.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TheGhost

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 14, 2008, 09:36:02 PM
Is your daily driver mopar?

My daily was the wagon.  I will be carless once they are both sold.  Probably end up buying some cheap Honda or something else with good gas milage, that I will absolutely hate driving, but I'll be able to buy a real car once I graduate and have a real job.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i'm holdin the rr for ya' so hurry up and make some good mulla...  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Quote from: TheGhost on August 14, 2008, 10:17:25 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on August 14, 2008, 09:36:02 PM
Is your daily driver mopar?

My daily was the wagon.  I will be carless once they are both sold.  Probably end up buying some cheap Honda or something else with good gas milage, that I will absolutely hate driving, but I'll be able to buy a real car once I graduate and have a real job.

My spouse had two Maxima's and they are good cars.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Florida?? How the heck do you expect them to get an ice storm clear down there this winter? :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 15, 2008, 02:42:51 PM
Florida?? How the heck do you expect them to get an ice storm clear down there this winter? :D

Dunno.  I'm not moving down there until next fall.

PocketThunder

Quote from: TheGhost on August 15, 2008, 03:31:24 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 15, 2008, 02:42:51 PM

Dunno.  I'm not moving down there until next fall.

Whaddya gonna do for a year in the meantime?

TheGhost

Just got a job hanging gutters.  Probably do that, save as much money as I can.

Big Lebowski

I'll trade ya a '85 Fifth Ave. (M body, last of the V-8's until the Intrepid replacement) for the battlewagon, or how 'bout a green '95 Ram 2500 longbed to get your stuff to Florida? I've been a home builder for 20 years & a dude w/ a construction truck makes more $$$ (gutter install job) than a no experienced Honda driver...I know these things dude. Show up in a truck & pretend that you know everything (more $$$). It will work, trust me.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hemi68charger

Good luck on your move and school....... You sometimes gotta do whatcha gotta do........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Todd Wilson

Quote from: BB1 on August 14, 2008, 08:48:15 PM

He is?  He will?
:icon_smile_big:

Todd

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 15, 2008, 10:01:43 PM
Quote from: BB1 on August 14, 2008, 08:48:15 PM

He is?  He will?
:icon_smile_big:

Todd

Ohhh this could get ugly, kinda like the time I saw the guy take a crap in (on) the car with the open moon roof. :hah:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

jaak

TheGhost,
Good luck to ya. I am 32 years old, and I can tell you from experience I should have got a higher education. I consider myself to be pretty bright, but without a degree, your nothing to people. Now I m 32 , married, 3 kids, mortgage, bills, etc. etc. etc. And Its next to impossible to think about doing it now. I know you'll miss your cars but you gotta do what u gotta do.

I love 67-69 B'cudas, if I had an extra 2500 to kick around, Id be on my way to buy that thing!!!

Take care buddy and good luck,
Jason

The70RT

Got any more pics of the Barracuda?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 15, 2008, 09:51:27 PM
I'll trade ya a '85 Fifth Ave. (M body, last of the V-8's until the Intrepid replacement) for the battlewagon, or how 'bout a green '95 Ram 2500 longbed to get your stuff to Florida? I've been a home builder for 20 years & a dude w/ a construction truck makes more $$$ (gutter install job) than a no experienced Honda driver...I know these things dude. Show up in a truck & pretend that you know everything (more $$$). It will work, trust me.

That 95 Ram wont work hanging gutters.   Its in the general code of gutter and siding hangers that all trucks must be a mid 70's white Chevy Crew cab with a ladder rack pulling the optional dual purpose car trailer used for hauling work related items and your dirt track race car on friday evenings.

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: TheGhost on August 15, 2008, 04:52:15 PM

What happened to KFC?   Are you doing drugs now? You have to be  a crackhead to put on gutters or siding!

Todd

Old Moparz

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 16, 2008, 09:54:44 AM

What happened to KFC?   Are you doing drugs now? You have to be  a crackhead to put on gutters or siding!

Todd

:smilielol:

I once worked with a guy doing home improvements that used to show up in the company truck at 8 am drunk. The boss would get angry & tell him to go home so he didn't fall off a roof or a ladder. Todd ain't far off about some of the people doing that kind of work.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TheGhost

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 16, 2008, 09:54:44 AM

Todd

:lol: I got fired from KFC about 2 years ago.  No, I don't do crack.  Can't afford a drug habit. ;D

Big L, I need money right now, so I can't do a trade.  Thanks for the offer, though.

70R/T, I put up more pics of my Barracuda in the for sale section.

Mike DC

The education/job system is wrecked. 
Now it takes a 4-year degree to mean what a HS diploma used to mean.  All the requirements have basically just moved up a notch from where they ougtta be.

Here's what employers basically see & hear: 

High School diploma:  "I haven't shot anybody."

(G.E.D. diploma:  "I haven't shot anybody lately.")

4-year degree:  "I can read & write, I'll show up on-time & sober most days of the week, and I probably won't steal very much from you."

Grad school:  "I'm actually educated at something."