News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Had my '69 Charger re-appraised UPDATE....

Started by Afflyer, October 21, 2005, 09:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Not a bad idea Strat.  If something happened and the car was underinsured, you'd be kicking yourself.

haueter66

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Afflyer on October 29, 2005, 09:55:49 PM
Heavy- do you get a little cranky over the guys who make Daytona clones as well?   Or are you just spoutin' off because you've got an R/T and hate to have to say "mines a REAL R/T" to those who otherwise wouldn't know a real from a clone?! Gimme a friggin break.   There's nothin wrong with trying to improve on something already good and make it even better and worth more in the process.

Yeah, sorry about all that, I've taken my meds now and feel all better.

But c'mon, you do see my point, right.  You said it yourself, pretty soon I'll have to explain to everyone that, "No, mine is not a clone", and you ARE trying to make yours worth more, which in turn, could hurt the worth of mine.  I can understand why you want to do it, but I don't have to agree with it.

Savey?

tipopiola

I've got a 68' R/T and I couldn't care less if anyone puts stripes on their cars.   If mine didn't come with em', I'd probably add a stripe kit to mine too.   I don't see how it hurts the value of my own car.   People adding stripes and badges to their cars doesn't make the number of R/T's that were produced go up.   If someone is looking for a real R/T than they still have the same limited supply of cars to choose from.   And just so you know, 99% of people that see your car don't have a clue why it has stripes on its butt.   If they DO notice the stripes they are probably wondering why they don't follow the length of the car like the stripes on their neighbors camaro or chevelle or mustang etc.   Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

mbandit

I mean, if you've got a genuine R/T 440 with matching #'s go to the bank, get a big loan and restore it to the max.  Sooner or later it will be worth six figures, probably sooner.  The rest of us, like me, make do with converting a six cylinder car to a 440, we add the badges just to be in the idium and we also jack with the drive train and the undercarriage.  Once you pop the hood or check out the interior its obvious its not an original and we're not pretending that it is.  Its a Resto Rod if you like; thats what I like, I want to drive it and grin!  I did not want a trailer queen and I have no problem with anyone that does.  Your car, your way.  If coincidently the value jumps by adding the R/T badges, so be it.

haueter66

Brock Samson

so how much all yur's cars appreciated?..  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Is it much different than the ricers who put type "R" badges on their Hondas?

Shakey

I guess it would be like having a chick with fake jugs! 

Sure, they look good and all the guys at the restaurant look at her on your arm and think to themselves "you lucky dog".  If the operation was a success then only a select few will notice they aren't real.  When you get home, you can warm up to her by the fireplace on a deere skin rug and enjoy them however, you will always know they are not real and you will always dream of having a set just like them, only real ones!  Correct me if I am wrong.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on November 01, 2005, 07:30:17 AM
I guess it would be like having a chick with fake jugs!  

Sure, they look good and all the guys at the restaurant look at her on your arm and think to themselves "you lucky dog".   If the operation was a success then only a select few will notice they aren't real.   When you get home, you can warm up to her by the fireplace on a deere skin rug and enjoy them however, you will always know they are not real and you will always dream of having a set just like them, only real ones!   Correct me if I am wrong.

:iagree:  That right there is the honest to God Truth!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mbandit

Whatever, I just have no urge to own one of those paint mark perfect cars, not even if I won the Powerball.  If I did win the lotto I'd probably buy and sell a whole bunch of cars and bikes and take in a lot of track days, maybe I'd build a nice hot rod C body.  When I get bored I'll guy travel the world.  All power to the full resto guys, I get my kicks differently.

Baracda

This is an interesting topic to say the least.  So... what does everyone have thier car insured for then?  More or less than the actual "retail" value with collectors insurance or just regular insurance?

jim

Ghoste

But with fake jugs, if you can touch them, then they are real.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on November 01, 2005, 05:14:08 PM
But with fake jugs, if you can touch them, then they are real.
:iagree: Still fun to play with...besides, fake ones don't have to answer to the same gravity laws that real ones do. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tipopiola

I for one am glad that both my R/T and my wife are ALL real :icon_smile_big:  Tipopiola

General Ryan

Quote from: tipopiola on November 01, 2005, 06:22:02 PM
I for one am glad that both my R/T and my wife are ALL real :icon_smile_big:   Tipopiola
I'll second that!

Chris G.

Quote from: mbandit on October 31, 2005, 03:38:17 PM
Its a Resto Rod if you like; thats what I like, I want to drive it and grin!   I did not want a trailer queen and I have no problem with anyone that does.   Your car, your way.  

Why must it be either/or with some of you guys? You think numbers people look down on you, and then label them trailer queens. Why can't someone have a real R/T, #'s and drive it whenever possible? I drive my car all the time. If I showed you some of the areas I drive my car, you would freak the "F" out.

If some of you have a clone, that's your business, but stop labeling every R/T owner as a snob or trailer queen. It's just not true.   :Twocents:

Khyron

Welp, i'm going 440, Suspension upgrade, tic toc, ect ect, and not putting the R/T stickers on it.

the letters don't mean anything to me personally. I just want the POWER  :icon_smile_big:

So i'm not a trailer queen, poser, con man, and no one can get mad at me :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

yeah, but what's the stated value of your charger?..  :icon_smile:

Khyron

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 01, 2005, 07:26:31 PM
yeah, but what's the stated value of your charger?..   :icon_smile:

$15,000 is what I insured her for. Though I am thinking of redoing it with the current craze ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

well buddy i'm guessin  it's worth 20K now, at least.. '69s are hot...  :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Shakey

Quote from: General Ryan on November 01, 2005, 06:33:43 PM
Quote from: tipopiola on November 01, 2005, 06:22:02 PM
I for one am glad that both my R/T and my wife are ALL real :icon_smile_big:   Tipopiola
I'll second that!
I'll third that!  My Wife's aren't huge but they are real and I was always told, more than a mouthfull is a waste.  My R/T SE is real and I would like to drive it everywhere I can, hell I'd just like to drive it.