News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Selling tags, is this legal???

Started by RocknRoll, August 12, 2008, 10:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

Quote from: RocknRoll on August 12, 2008, 10:47:36 AM
I would think somebody paying 400 for a tag is not going to hang it in their garage??? What do you think is this legal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-DODG...1QQcmdZViewItem
:o
was it a vin tag ?  or a fender tag ?  what was it . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Drache

VIN tags are illegal to sell and fender tags are not
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

konigcharger

Quote from: Drache on August 12, 2008, 11:19:04 AM
VIN tags are illegal to sell

doesn't mean they don't.   :rotz:

did anyone get a pic of the sign at the Nat's for a Vin, fendertag, build sheet, and interior for a mod top barracuda :icon_smile_question:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

RocknRoll

It was a vin tag I got the picture of it saved on my computer, I thought it  might me yanked, here is the vin: XS29L9B366061.  I wonder why they pulled it????? :scratchchin:

Drache

here's the pic:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Quote from: konigcharger on August 12, 2008, 11:54:42 AM
did anyone get a pic of the sign at the Nat's for a Vin, fendertag, build sheet, and interior for a mod top barracuda :icon_smile_question:

I thought I did but a quick check of the digital pics I took turns up nothing.  Maybe it will be one of the ones on film but I don't have those back yet.

KMPX2

That is one law they need to start hitting people with!

oldcarnut

Just recently here they busted a group that were going to junkyards getting vin tags and then applying for lost titles.  They then stole similar cars from new and used car lots after switching keys while looking at them. Resold them sometimes with the old tag but with new applied title for the new car body.  Finally got caught when a cop checked the vin and registration at a traffic stop.  Granted this involved new cars but whats to stop it from happening to the old ones?

Charger_Fan

Man, I wish the VIN tag for my yellow '70 would show up. :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bmoparmofo

That happened at a car dealership I worked at,salesman showed the car,did the test drive and got the keys back,problem was they were old keys to? and they came back and drove it off and stripped it. :eyes:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383