News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally Got to sit in a Real WINGER.....

Started by Blown70, August 13, 2008, 02:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Well I got to sit in a REAL SUPERBIRD today, Orange with 4-spd

RM23UOA169492........ I assume this is a KNOWN car.... man was it NICE!!!!  Mr. Cook I believe owns it?

PocketThunder

Did you go around the block too or just sit in it for a minute..  :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 13, 2008, 03:02:36 PM

Sat made VROOOMM sounds..... then got out..... :shruggy: :nana:

tan top

Quote from: Blown70 on August 13, 2008, 03:04:12 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on August 13, 2008, 03:02:36 PM

Sat made VROOOMM sounds..... then got out..... :shruggy: :nana:

:lol:     
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

:2thumbs:
One step above me, I still have yet to even touch or see one in person. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 13, 2008, 05:05:58 PM
One step above me, I still have yet to even touch or see one in person. :cheers:
you have been deprived!  :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

I was sorta holding out for my first "real" ride in a winged car to be in my own as its driver.  However, Danny and I made a trip up to Michigan last fall where we visited the original owner of a Daytona.  Since the weather was pretty nice that day, he drove Danny and I to lunch that day in his Daytona -- couldn't refuse that offer of course. 

After having struck a deal to buy my wingcar in 2002, I had owned a Daytona for five years before ever having ridden in one.  Cudaken had offered to push me around the shop in mine, but I didn't count that as a real ride...   :P

WINGMAN

Believe me   driving down the road in a wing car is like nothing any other car can do. I have had lots of Mopars down through the years and when i bought my Daytona it was like unreal how people turn and look or give you the thumbs up. Quick way to get a ego trip if you are looking for one but i just love cruising at hiway speed   Helps you forget every thing else. ;D   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

C_stripes

I drove one for about a mile. It was AWESOME!!!! I never thought I would get that chance. It was a 440 4spd Daytona. I am 25 years old and have been fortenent enough to have driven a 4spd HEMI cuda (real R code car) a 70 challenger R/T SE V code car. a 69 Daytona. 70 Shelby GT 500. and many many more.  I wish I owned them though.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Wingnut426

I used to enjoy driving my wingcars every chance I got. Now you have to watch out for a**holes tailgating and cutting you off. There are too many people and cars are the roads today.  Wingnut.
HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

I got to drive the birdible about 500 miles two full weekend in late april. I have riden in several real wing cars but man driving my own clone and getting the camera phones and thumbs up wow what a rush .

hemi68charger

Nothing like looking in the rear view mirror and seeing that vertical stabilizer...........    :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Quote from: hemigeno on August 13, 2008, 07:08:42 PM
I was sorta holding out for my first "real" ride in a winged car to be in my own as its driver.  However, Danny and I made a trip up to Michigan last fall where we visited the original owner of a Daytona.  Since the weather was pretty nice that day, he drove Danny and I to lunch that day in his Daytona -- couldn't refuse that offer of course. 

After having struck a deal to buy my wingcar in 2002, I had owned a Daytona for five years before ever having ridden in one.  Cudaken had offered to push me around the shop in mine, but I didn't count that as a real ride...   :P

Wow, Gene I wasn't aware that up there in Michigan was the first time that you had even taken a ride in a Daytona. I was just happy to have gotten a ride up there then too, as it was the first ride in a Daytona for me since I was 10. Have had plenty of rides in Superbirds since then, but none in a Daytona.

pettybird

you kids sure are sheltered!

we've let more people DRIVE our cars than I can remember! 

anyone planning on visiting cleveland?

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: pettybird on August 14, 2008, 09:08:21 PM

I am going to take you up on that at the next Solon Cruise night, next Tuesday maybe...? :scratchchin:
You let my daughter sit on the wing last year. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

WINGMAN

You guys can drive mine  That is if you can find Auburn KS.  And will only cost you a 12 PK of bud. :cheers:  Jay.

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 14, 2008, 09:43:15 PM
  You guys can drive mine  That is if you can find Auburn KS.  And will only cost you a 12 PK of bud. :cheers:  Jay.
J.R  I wanna drive both your aero cars 

bear

Quote from: pettybird on August 14, 2008, 09:08:21 PM

Now you tell me after I move away from there. O well maybe when I come back in about a year. And this is kind of random but did you have one of your cars up at Southland at the end of June beginning of July because my brother said he saw a wing car up there.

hemi68charger

Here Jacob and I are sitting in Jim's gorgeous ride comtemplating what it'll be like to have one of these in our  garage.............   :icon_smile_big:

troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Oh believe me I can find Auburn Kansas. Can't be hard to miss it, I mean head towards the flat land and look around right?  :icon_smile_wink:

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on August 15, 2008, 08:23:07 AM

Oh believe me I can find Auburn Kansas. Can't be hard to miss it, I mean head towards the flat land and look around right?  :icon_smile_wink:
yeah and he has a 500 for you to  :drool5: :drool5: on too !

Blown70

I would give you a CASE of BUD :2thumbs:..... :cheers:  Dont tempt me to take a long weekend away from FARGO........ :scratchchin:

WINGMAN

Troy you look good in that Daytona,  Hope you get one soon with the market soft. I can see Moparstuarts bird and my Daytona going down I 70 neck and neck at 100+, man what a sight. Danny are you getting closer to having a wingcar? i bet its  always on your mind every day. I had to drive the 500 three days this week do to my every day car was down   lots more fun but man that thing sucks the gas  well having a big foot did not help :icon_smile_big:    Jay.

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 15, 2008, 06:19:21 PM
  Troy you look good in that Daytona,  Hope you get one soon with the market soft. I can see Moparstuarts bird and my Daytona going down I 70 neck and neck at 100+, man what a sight. Danny are you getting closer to having a wingcar? i bet its  always on your mind every day. I had to drive the 500 three days this week do to my every day car was down   lots more fun but man that thing sucks the gas  well having a big foot did not help :icon_smile_big:    Jay.

I thought so.. Jim was pretty cool to let me reposition the car... So, I got my first exposure to a 4-speed Daytona and it was nice....  :icon_smile_big:

Now, if I'm able to keep Dana, then my lil' guy Jacob will be there next to me in a few years at shows.. Dad in the Daytona, and sonny-boy in the 500...

T
Troy

69_500

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 15, 2008, 06:19:21 PM

Nope not any closer to get a Daytona. Unless you consider going and looking at them getting closer to actually having one. Spent today looking at some pretty darn nice rides, none of which I could afford though. One of these days. OH and yeah I'd definitely drool all over jay's 500. Gotta admit though not sure which one I'd spend more time looking at, would be a toss up. Probably somewhere around 4 hours of looking and  :drool5: on the 500, then another 6 hours looking and  :drool5: :drool5: on the Daytona.

66chargerkid

Quote from: moparstuart on August 13, 2008, 06:26:14 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on August 13, 2008, 05:05:58 PM
you have been deprived!  :yesnod: :yesnod:
You drove Dick drakes alpine white 440+6 superbird around the gateway track before!

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on August 15, 2008, 10:30:33 PM
Spent today looking at some pretty darn nice rides, none of which I could afford though. One of these days.

Looks like you got home a few hours before I did Danny :P  4am for me...  Quite the day, and I appreciate you letting me tag along.

Oh, and I do think you'll get that Daytona one of these days. :yesnod:

69_500

No problem at all at letting you tag along as you call. As far as I know though you set up the meeting at the first place yesterday, and yeah if you got home at 4 am I did beat you home by quite a bit. I was home by 11:15 give or take a little bit.

I'm hoping that one of these days is sooner rather than later though on getting a wing car. Although I gotta admit I'll still continue to pester the same guy for his 500 that we looked at yesterday as well. I guess I'm still more impressed with it than you were, but after pestering him about the car for close to 15 years now why stop now right?