News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FLAME THROWING KITS

Started by mikepmcs, August 06, 2008, 05:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Anyone ever try one of these? Ever make one, etc...

No it's not for my charger....yet :D

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Ok, flame throwers for a car is what I meant.  Anyone??
Thinking about putting a kit on my 55 for some cool points and I can get the parts mostly at Radio Shack and fab it up, but just wanted to know if anyone has any experience. :shruggy:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ViperRedCharger

I have heard of people using a propane bottle setup.  I too do not know much about it.

Eric

konigcharger

AFAIK there is enough unburnt gasses that that you shouldn't need a bottle of any kind. should just need some spark plugs, wire, and a switch

then again:
http://www.hotlicksexhaust.com/hypercart/catalog.asp

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Corellian Corvette

My dad said when they were kids they just richened the fuel mixture, put some spark plugs in the tail pipes and that was all that was needed!

Foreman72

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on August 11, 2008, 03:57:10 PM
My dad said when they were kids they just richened the fuel mixture, put some spark plugs in the tail pipes and that was all that was needed!

thats basically it...there are lots of places that have kits

http://www.eatmyflames.com/
http://www.axdo.net/

but you can def just make one...

It looks esp cool on the oldies...like the 55 for examplel...if you do it throw some pics up...

i thought about throwing a kit on the charger but i think i should probably focus on just getting it running before i light crap on fire ;D

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikepmcs

but those plugs need some spark/ignition, like a wire from the number one routed back to the plug.  Afraid to try that method...needs to be a shutoff device :scratchchin: and with that setup there would be none.

375instroke

This is the kind of question for the Jalopy Journal H.A.M.B.  I think the cheap way is to weld a spark plug bung near the tail pipe exit, put a spark plug in there, and run the plug wire to a coil back there.  For ignition, you run power to the + coil and a wire to the - with a momentary switch for ground.  You rev the motor, and when you let off the gas, lots of raw gas goes out the exhaust.  When you push the button, the ground causes current flow in the coil to build up a magnetic field.  When you release the button, the field collapses and induces a high voltage in the secondary, thus sending a spark to the plug and igniting the gas.  When back at idle, the fire goes out.

BMOTOXSTAR

I have to try that on my SatellRunner....green beast with flames... :icon_smile_wink:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

konigcharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 14, 2008, 06:13:34 PM
but those plugs need some spark/ignition, like a wire from the number one routed back to the plug.  Afraid to try that method...needs to be a shutoff device :scratchchin: and with that setup there would be none.

:shruggy: could work
http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic3313

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.